Peet's Interview Questions in Alameda, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn, heard back in about a week. Had an initial phone screen, waited a week to receive an in-person interview at their Alameda office. An overarching theme during my experience is that their HR team consistently took very long to get back to me at every stage of the interview process. Had a 1:1 interview with two members of their team, interview was very lax and casual, did not ask me any difficult questions. When I asked about company culture (specifically if the culture was different at the Alameda office as their headquarters is located in Emeryville), the employee launched into a rant about how the two offices are completely separated, and that they often heard about parties/celebrations that happened at the Emeryville office that Alameda was not invited to, etc. This was a big red flag to me, especially that this information was being so willingly shared during an interview. It took a week for me to hear back post-interview and I did not receive an offer.

Would recommend to their HR team to respond back timely to e-mails. Even if they did not have my interview time scheduled yet, it would have been nice to know my message was at least received. Additionally, if the information I received has merit, I would attempt to integrate your two locations better. I know I personally think I would have hated feeling so isolated, and if I received an offer that would have been a huge negative to consider.

Interview Questions

Corporate Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peet's (Alameda, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online, and within 1-2 weeks I received a call to set up phone interviews. Within a matter of days I had an over-the-phone interview with their Corporate Recruiter, hiring Manager, and subsequently to meet me in person (all flights were paid by Peets). Upon arriving I was interviewed by 5-6 management and upper management team members which lasted a full 6-7 hours. This is where I had the opportunity to learn more about Peets culture, and high level of quality they bring to the market. Overall I was impressed, and couldn't wait to hear if I got the job or not.

A few days went by and I received a phone call from the same Corporate Recruiter telling me that. I was extatic to hear from the recruiter that the team was impressed and that they were offering the job to me.

THIS IS WHERE I WAS SURPRISED:
    The recruiter stated that the salary they are willing to offer me is a whole $20,000 less than I originally indicated on my job application and also mentioned once again verbally. I understand that these are typical recruiter tactics, however I politely stated that the salary I previously mentioned was my lowest. (If you know my salary requirement why interview me and fly me out?) At this point the recruiter stated that he will have to discuss this with his team. I then received a phone call a week later stating that he was " working things out with the accounting department" and that we should have a final offer in writing by the end of the week. That week came and went, and naturally I began to think that something wasn't right. I then called and emailed the recruiter regarding the job and eventually I received the most awkward email that any HR department would shake their heads at....see email below.

Interview Questions

• How did you challenge the status quo in getting food safety and quality issues resolved?   Answer Question

After our last discussion concerning your expected compensation for the Corporate QA Manager position, we realized that may have to adjust our compensation target. In doing so, this brought to mind other qualified candidates who we had not pursued due to their compensation requirements. Therefore we have decided to extend our interview period to include those candidates. We would like to keep you in our active consideration for the position but we will not be in apposition to make a final decision until after the first week of January 2016."

After this time came and went ,I didn't receive any kind of follow up from the recruiter. Eventually due to lack of professional courtesy to simply tell me that I was or wasn't being considered, I sent an email stating my withdrawal from the candidacy. If this was an indication of business practices at Peets corporate level, maybe I lucked out.