Peet's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peet's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peet's.

Interview

The interview process was very casual, I had a friend that worked for Peet's and had referenced me to his manager. (The best way to get hired is if you have a friend that works for Peet's, or go to a Peet's job fair). I was called in for an interview, had a short conversation with the basic interview questions, and was hired on the spot. I think the in-person interview is basically just to screen that you're a reasonably nice person.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stressful situations? What would do in the situation that the store is busy and the line is out the door?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peet's (Napa, CA).

Interview

Manager was tired/ yawning. Apologized for being out of dress code. Didnt seem very interested. Immediatly showed me they were low staffed and desperate. She was friendly though and laid back. Honestly not much stood out about it aside from her lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work there, why they should hire me. It was a very short interview.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (Emeryville, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was mainly contacted via phone and email. My initial interviews were over the phone and we just went over my previous work experience and how that experience would apply to the job I was interviewing for. After the two phone interviews, I made it to the final interview where I met and interviewed with three people from the corporate office (one at a time). They did their best to make me feel comfortable and I even got a tour of their facility. This was one of the best interview experiences I've ever had - very smooth.

Word of advice - do some extensive research on the company prior to any interviews and demonstrate some initiative by showing them how you strategize.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peet's (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard, routine list of questions to gauge how you might react in different situations and what your experiences have been like. Friendly and laid back, giving you a chance to be yourself and engage in conversation. I believe they like to get a sense of you more through conversation and meeting you than the list of questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult or frustrating experience and how did you learn from it   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Peet's (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I came in for two interviews to the corporate office. The staff was really friendly and engaging and made me feel at home right away. I assumed that there would be a stuffy atmosphere because it is a large corporate company, but the culture was "professionally relaxed". I received a bag of coffee and a water for just coming in to interview. The recruiter I worked with (Nancee) really helped guide me throughout the process. Overall, I came in twice over a two week period and had an offer in hand the day after my last interview. Can't say enough good things about the whole process!

Interview Questions

• The line of questioning wasn't too strenuous. Just have examples of the how the work that you currently do relates to the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Warehouse Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peet's (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick and organized. Started with a phone screen with Peet's recruiter. She was very helpful in getting me prepared. Had a phone interview with my hiring manager and then a sit down meeting with my fellow team mates.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my outside interests and my logistics background.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peet's (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee at Peet's who I had previously worked with at another company. I then contacted the hiring manager, expressing my interest and forwarding my resume. After back-and-forth emails, the recruiter contacted me to set up in-person interviews and to arrange travel (as I was coming from out-of-state). The recruiting process and the interview scheduling were seamless, and the recruiter was always available to answer any questions that I had throughout the process. I met with six different people over the course of two days, and was even taken out to lunch on the first day.

Interview Questions

• The questions revolved more around describing my past roles and experiences, and their applicability to the current open position. A lot of the questions asked were probably more about personality fit, as the company is very small and everyone works very closely with one another.   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Interview

Short and relaxed, inside the coffee store itself and was offered a free drink upon arrival. It was casual and quick and gave a good idea of the place you would be working

Anonymous Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn, heard back in about a week. Had an initial phone screen, waited a week to receive an in-person interview at their Alameda office. An overarching theme during my experience is that their HR team consistently took very long to get back to me at every stage of the interview process. Had a 1:1 interview with two members of their team, interview was very lax and casual, did not ask me any difficult questions. When I asked about company culture (specifically if the culture was different at the Alameda office as their headquarters is located in Emeryville), the employee launched into a rant about how the two offices are completely separated, and that they often heard about parties/celebrations that happened at the Emeryville office that Alameda was not invited to, etc. This was a big red flag to me, especially that this information was being so willingly shared during an interview. It took a week for me to hear back post-interview and I did not receive an offer.

Would recommend to their HR team to respond back timely to e-mails. Even if they did not have my interview time scheduled yet, it would have been nice to know my message was at least received. Additionally, if the information I received has merit, I would attempt to integrate your two locations better. I know I personally think I would have hated feeling so isolated, and if I received an offer that would have been a huge negative to consider.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peet's (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A quick interview (~30 min) with a preset sheet of interview questions. We made conversation before, during, and after about other topics and it felt very conversational and casual. The interviewer was obviously trying to get a feel of my personality and my work qualities.

Interview Questions

• Why Peet's?   Answer Question
    • If there is a long line and people are actively complaining about it, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If it were busy and there was a task you needed to handle that you have never done before, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question