Peet's Cashier/Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peet's Cashier/Barista Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager was super nice. The interview only took about 15 minutes and we talked about how much we liked tea! She asked a lot of questions about my previous experiences, what I did, how I solve problems. We even talked about San Francisco, living here as a native. It wasn't too serious. The questions were a bit hard but she was easygoing. We talked about politics in San Francisco, how we loved it here. I even met a couple of my coworkers during my interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had another problem with another co-worker, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peet's

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with the manager in the shop as early as I could schedule the interview through email. It was very casual, but be sure to come prepared with a copy of your resume and dress up a bit. The interview itself composed of a few questions about the company and coffee, as well as to what I could expect from the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cotati, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Peet's (Cotati, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy if the person shows enough initiative to learn Peet's way of coffee and tea. If the interviewer was applying for a position in coffee retail, they should be knowledgeable or at least a casual coffee person. Applying for either part time or full time is flexible to Peet's management.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in-store and within a few days received a phone call asking if I wanted to interview the following day. I arrived about 15 minutes early and was offered something to drink with the managers. I had the interview one-on-one with the manager, who asked pretty basic questions (How would you handle an upset customer?/How do you manage your time?/ect.). I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill set for a project.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Interview

I went to a job fair swarmed with people. After about 5 minutes of extensive questioning, i gave the interviewer my refernce sheet. never hear from them so I ' pretty sure i didn't do too well with the interview questions. be prepared to be on your toes

Anonymous Employee in Tiburon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Tiburon, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, spent ten minutes chatting about the role with the store manager and received an offer on the spot. Started the position within two weeks of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was an open call with on-the-spot interviews held at an existing Peet's location. The interviewer was friendly and warm, and even though he'd clearly been doing many interviews already he was still upbeat. I didn't have enough coffee-related experience, which is why I think I didn't get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had applied to Peet's three weeks ago. Then I got a call on Thursday to come in for an interview with the Store manager. So I went in around 5pm on a Sunday. The store manager was very friendly and gave me a free cup of coffee.

We sat down and chit chatted, she asked me very basic interview question. Figuring out whether I had availabiliy, how long I might stay and work there and whether I could communicate well. She also talked a lot about herself and her vacation plan.

She told me she was going away for a week for vacation and won't be able to let me know until she came back next Tuesday/Wednesday. In addition, she couldn't set up another interview because the assistant manager wasn't there. So I waited. Three days past that Tuesday or Wednesday; I never got the call back.

Perhaps, I did not make it to the final interview. Or she simply had too much fun during her vacation and forgot about her interviewees. However, I am not disappointed at all because I got a similar job somewhere else.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (Tustin, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Did an interview with the Assistant Manager then the Store Manager and was hired after 4 days.