Pegasystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pegasystems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

An external recruiter reached out to me, after which I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was also asked to send additional work samples, which I did. And then I heard nothing - crickets. Although they are still recruiting for this job after 6 months, I could not get an answer from the external recruiter or internal recruiters. It seems like Pega didn't even tell the external recruiter what was happening. Obviously I did not get the job, which is fine, but Pega's complete lack of follow up on this position was among the worst I have ever seen. Don't be surprised if this happens to you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background, what I had done (nothing unusual)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process- phone screens with HR and hiring manager. Interviewed with 6 people. Overall, had a positive experience but didn't get the offer. They communicated right away that they went with another candidate and listed out why they didn't pick me. Was disappointed but no hard feelings. Excellent location in Cambridge and free parking garage would have been nice, but moving on!

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my work experience relevant for the role.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

Interview

1 chat with recruiter, 1 casual conversation with hiring manager, 1 technical interview with two engineers. All were over phone or skype. First was extremely brief, didn't seem too important. Second was casual as well, but longer. Manager told me what he was looking for and asked if the description fit my work habits. The tech interview was supposed to include a java test.

Director of Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the in-house recruiter via LinkedIn.
    Prior to the interview I researched the company and contacted an employee that left my company to work there.
    The interview was run by the in-house recruiter.
    Entire process was done via a series of phone calls as we walked through my resume and background. I also engaged the interviewers with several questions and potential concerns that I saw based on my own experience that may impede their growth potential. I explained that my questions / comments were based on negotiations of a partner agreement (of a mutual customer) that I was involved with and noted the customers concerns and if the information was posted on their Website landing page it would be a mute point and actual create more interest in their offerings.

Interview Questions

• Please provide insight into a customer situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

I didn't decline. After the verbal offer was made it was retracted with much regret because of my commute time. They wanted someone from the Boston, Revere area.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was well organized and fast. It began with a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a technical phone screening with the manager of the team I was interviewing with, and then an onsite interview. The onsite interview involved four separate thirty minute sessions, one of them being a technical exam. The exam had me answer one of four algorithmic questions of intermediate difficulty. A positive experience all around!

Interview Questions

• Anagrams questions: given a list of words, return a list of all anagrams that appear in that list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and gave them my resume. I was contacted by them about a week later and was set up for a phone interview with one of the directors. They gave me a brief summary about their company and their products. They later asked me about the projects on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. A few weeks later, I got an email saying they were interested and set up a time to have a brief phone interview. A week later, I was emailed to have an interview on-site. The on-site interview consisted of three informal interviews with different members of the team. There was also a 45 minute portion where I was given three programming problems and asked to solve one of them and turn in my code at the end of the 45 minute mark.
    The reason I rate this experience as negative is because it seemed that two of the people I talked to had not looked at my resume before getting into the room with me, and occasionally made some pointed/disparaging remarks. Overall, I viewed this as a bad culture fit. While I didn't get an offer (but also didn't get rejected...nobody emailed me afterward), it was still an interesting learning experience. Please don't let my bad experience stop you from applying if you're interested in the product and the company, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, convert a string of roman numerals into a number   Answer Question

Business Generation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview, general background questions
    -In person interview goes more in depth about technical experience
    -on-site visit, to see the office and meet various team members
    -offer letter, I had 72 hours to get back to them and then went in for orientation
    -they then provide a week of paid training

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement in the last 3 years?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

I had a phone conversation that was a result of an internal recommendation. I received the phone call from hr the next day, however they were looking more into project management than product manager position. About a weak later contacted me and told they did not have product management openings.

Interview Questions

• Will I be interested in a different position than I had stated in my resume.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. There were two very similar job descriptions. One was an "attorney" position and the other for a contract manager. I applied for the attorney position, and when then received an interview was told it was a non-attorney position. Was a bit annoyed.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been drafting/negotiating contracts?   Answer Question