Pegasystems Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of the following:
    1 - Contacted by internal Pega recruiter
    2 - Telephone based HR interview
    3 - Video Interview (non technical - topic / scenario based)
    4 - Behavioural Assessment
    5 - Telephone Interview (technical)
    6 - Panel Interview and Presentation (general / technical - with senior management)

Interview Questions

• An Online Video Interview - you are given a topic/scenario and you have to record yourself speaking about the topic for a few mins (note that you are able to practice prior to commencing the process and have some time prepare for each topic you are required to speak about.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Application

Interview

The full process was very respectful and professional, respecting the time frame and availability. I enjoyed all the process, from the first approach till the last group / panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They have asked about my previous experiences, how I might act in some projects situations, my most challenging project and explaining why.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very professional process. Multi stage process with a qualification from HR, then face to face interviews with managers and also a demo of the solution which was very useful.
    Final panel presentation interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied via the website and reached out to existing members of the team via LinkedIn. After the initial recruiter screen, I was given the opportunity of a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience, what I am looking for from my next role and competency based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Commercial Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Discussion with Recruiter about current role and what the Pegasystems role entailed.

2 Skype Interviews to US with VP's.

Skills exercise: The skills exercise describes a scenario involving a proposed license sale to a prospective new customer. Required to identify and describe up to ten areas of concern for Pega that you believe are created in the scenario.

Face to face interviews with 4 employees across different functions. This helped to get an overall picture of the Company and to understand the interaction of the position with other departments.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current role?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Long, with several interviews with several stakeholders.

Pleasant and respectful people and environment where everyone wants to genuinely do better.

The offer process was painful and required a lot of documentation exchange (back and forth) to make/prove my point.

Senior User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with internal recruiter followed by a personality test where you have to tick word that describe how you think others perceive you and how you actually are.

After this they asked me to do a very old school design assignment that I had to present as part of the final face to face interview with lead designer and director.

Interview Questions

• A big part of the interview is centred around a home assignment that you present for 30 minutes. They ask why you designed it they way you did.   1 Answer

Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Contacted by phone for the first time by one resourcer, I had to answer some questions and to introduce myself. Several questions about why Pega and why do you want to do this job particularly. I was prepared so that is ok but you should be too.

Once finished the phone interview, I had to do a personality test by email. I consider this test has not entirely relevant because it asks just to tick some cases but it is not possible to give explanations. Thus, it is really easy to do it in order to correspond to the job you apply for (even if I recommend to be transparent about yourself : if they like the test, that is perfect ; if they do not like it, that mean your personality is not suitable for the company/position and you will not feel good in this environment).

Anyway, I was contacted by a senior recruiter just one day after who asked me some questions as well and at the end, she proposed me a face to face interview.

I had an interview with 2 persons in HR department. Most of the questions were about my career and my work experiences. Everything was OK I reckon. I asked to see the working place but it was not possible at this stage.

Finally, the week after, I received a call to say that I was not successful. Anyway, I was prepared for that because I saw a new ad published after my interview.

Overall, I was not disappointed because I think that my profile is not suitable for this company for some reasons (working in an open space, ..).

Anyway, I liked their professionalism and even if it is not the kind of working place I would be pleased to work for, I have to say that their offices and spaces are beautiful.

Finally, I can not give any detail regarding the salary as we did not talk about it. They asked me my previous salary and I tried to know a little bit more about their salary system but no mention of a real number. They are probably looking for the most suitable candidate and prefer to negotiate with this person directly instead of giving a salary to someone who is not suitable.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past things that you did not remember exactly and they expect really precise answers   Answer Question

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was a multi-stage interview. Starting with Telephone, through to face to face and presentation. All in all, the process took about 6+ weeks and handled by the recruiter very well.

Telephone Interview was all about if I was the right fit for the role and company and if the role was a right fit for me. Then there were two interviews with the hiring manager (on presentational, with another senior manager). Final stage was an interview with a senior director.

Great experience in general... Pegasystems is keen to ensure they hire quality candidates, so massive privilege to be accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pega?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was approached by a pega headhunter through linkedin asking if i wa sinterested in a role. Having seen the title I politely explained that I was not a salesperson, and that I was more pre-sales focused. The headhunter asked to forward me the role description anyway in the hope that i'd change my mind saying that the title was misleading and there was no direct sales involved. The spec looked good, (more pre-sales architecture) so I agreed to apply. A couple of email exchanges and I was first presented with a personality test. This is online and takes a couple of minutes at most. You have to click on the words that describe yourself, then the words that you think others use to describe you.

This went well and I was given a telephone interview, again I explained that I was not direct sales, and went through my resume. All fairly straightforward. Soon after I was invited to a face to face interview.

A very bad start and terrible first impression, after being stuck in a traffic jam I barely made it with only a few minutes to spare, yet to my surprise the recruiter was still out for lunch almost 10 minutes after my interview should have started. When they causally strolled past reception then asked me to wait longer until they were ready I was already regretting having made the long drive.

That aside, I was taken to a tiny very hot room where I met the hiring manager, the interview format was a little different to what I'm used to, as there was only one person conducting the interview, no note takers, no representation from HR or an advocate. I was given all of the usual questions, my resume, role history and recovered all of the same questions I had in the telephone interview.. Again, a little disappointing as I'd traveled a very long way.

The next stage was a product demonstration, this time with a proposed future colleague. This went reasonably well I thought, I asked intelligent questions about the nuts and bolts of the system and despite not getting them answered I picked up the structure and format of the system very well. The demo was extremely limited given the time we had and the level of content was sparse and I learned very little above what I had already found through my own research.

The hiring manager returned and the interview was concluded with an explanation that the next stage would involve a panel interview where i'd be expected to present on a topic given to me in advance. The entire process including the wait for the recruiter to come back from lunch took a little under 2 hours.

Almost 2 weeks after I sent an email to the recruiter to ask if there had been any update and was disappointed (perhaps a little relieved too) to be told that I was not suitable for the role, apparently I did not have the certifications in PEGA systems that they would like and the expense of training me up would be too great. This was an irritation as the recruiter and the hiring manager both knew well in advance that I had no such certifications, and that my experience with similar systems combined with an intensive on-boarding process would make me an excellent candidate.

There was I feel an attempt to try and cheapen the experience, by being told there was a more junior position available and that the salary would be less. I politely declined.

Interview Questions

• After the system demonstration I was again irritated to be asked if I could find any opportunity for putting the software into my current employers business. The whole effort felt like a shambolic backwards sales attempt   1 Answer