Pegasystems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very informal, lot of standard questions. Several rounds as usual. First round was with the recruiter, followed by phone interviews and finally in person in interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pegasystems

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Bedford, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through college/university to their summer intern program. Directly contacted the recruiter who came to campus; response within two weeks. First round phone interview in mid-December, mostly question about experience and why Pegasystems. Second round on site interview in January. There is a coding test of sorts that has some brain teasers and a choice of two questions to solve using Java. Was notified of offer results within a week after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything, and they did not provide an opportunity to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was well organized and fast. It began with a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a technical phone screening with the manager of the team I was interviewing with, and then an onsite interview. The onsite interview involved four separate thirty minute sessions, one of them being a technical exam. The exam had me answer one of four algorithmic questions of intermediate difficulty. A positive experience all around!

Interview Questions

• Anagrams questions: given a list of words, return a list of all anagrams that appear in that list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and gave them my resume. I was contacted by them about a week later and was set up for a phone interview with one of the directors. They gave me a brief summary about their company and their products. They later asked me about the projects on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. A few weeks later, I got an email saying they were interested and set up a time to have a brief phone interview. A week later, I was emailed to have an interview on-site. The on-site interview consisted of three informal interviews with different members of the team. There was also a 45 minute portion where I was given three programming problems and asked to solve one of them and turn in my code at the end of the 45 minute mark.
    The reason I rate this experience as negative is because it seemed that two of the people I talked to had not looked at my resume before getting into the room with me, and occasionally made some pointed/disparaging remarks. Overall, I viewed this as a bad culture fit. While I didn't get an offer (but also didn't get rejected...nobody emailed me afterward), it was still an interesting learning experience. Please don't let my bad experience stop you from applying if you're interested in the product and the company, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, convert a string of roman numerals into a number   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pegasystems in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after giving them my resume a career fair. Had a 30 minute phone interview with a senior engineering manager. She gave me an overview of the program and the workplace environment, and then asked me some questions about Java (this was my language of choice), such as the difference between an abstract class and interface, what is a JVM.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a StringBuffer and a String   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a couple of years ago now, but I after having more interviews down the road, it popped into my head that this experience was strange. I interviewed as a Junior in college for an internship the following summer, after meeting some nice engineers at my college's career fair. The phone interview went quite well, but it was it was clear that I didn't have enough experience during the in-person interview by the Java specific questions they were asking, so I'm not surprised I didn't get the job. What was strange was (1) that I was asked to wear a suit but also told that I will be the most dressed up person there, they just want people to dress up for interviews. Why should what I wear to an interview matter if it won't later? Most companies say, wear whatever you'll be comfortable in, that's what we do, definitely don't wear a suit, that would be uncomfortable for both of us. And (2) I was never contacted again. I've been turned down by other companies but they always say something like, we've decided not to pursue your candidacy any further. I think it's rude to leave someone waiting and not ever let them know about your decision. This is not a company culture I want to be part of.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very basic. A brief introduction of the company history and then we went over the technical skill requirements for the position. A week after the phone interview I went for a group technical interview. Brief introductions again to high level team members and discussed the product and software used. Afterwards we went into the technical questions followed by whiteboard coding.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

Initially met at a job fair and was invited to an interview at their Cambridge, MA location. It was about 6 hours of interviewing during which I was asked technical questions about programming, specifically Java, and team management type questions. I met with members of several different teams and also had to take a 1 hour on-paper test to determine programming skils. The new office was quite nice, and everyone was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would deal with a software project that was running behind schedule and there was no way to get the required functionality completed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. First session with HR to discuss opportunities and salary requirement. Onsite interview was scheduled promptly in the following week. In person interview comprised of technical written test as well as 1:1 session with manager and few other folks. Initial verbal offer from HR and lengthy negotiation process which lasted for about couple of weeks before the final offer was tendered.

Negotiation

Pega tends to low ball most of the prospective employees. Have another offer in hand and be ready to put your foot down.