Pei Wei Asian Diner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pei Wei Asian Diner

1.8

Pantry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview nothing to be worried about, just show them that you are willing to do every thing on time. the managers are very friendly, you have to call a # during the interview to get a code which will tell the manager that you can work legally.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was very straight forward and basic. However, to get it I had to go to the location to talk to the manager about hiring since I wasn't getting anywhere by doing it online. It was not a stressful process in the slightest.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have that would help with this position?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Forever long - months and months of on again, off again interviews. Overall the entire process was extremely unorganized at every turn and the visit to their "corporate" office was very unappealing. Many employees seemed cramed in to a small space and generally unhappy. I walked past one who was actively searching for a new job online! As it turns out the reviews on glassdoor from current and former employees related to this were extremely helpful - ask questions related to their profitability, extremely high turnover, lack of employee commitment and general business sense of current leaders. This business is hurting and in need of a drastic turnaround but convinced that the current leaders are not the ones to make it happen. They do not have the experienced needed to make this happen. They talk a big game but its all talk

Interview Questions

• We work a lot of hours, you made a comment about your child. How many kids do you have?   Answer Question

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Weston, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Simple interview, asked a few question about my background and what I knew about Pei Wei and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating was done

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied in the first year of their opening. I simply walked in, as I was filling out the application, they noticed I was a hustler & extremely friendly & welcoming. The DM noticed my demeanor and sat down immediately to speak with me. At first he said all positions were full, but as I continued to talk, smile, and say i'd make a great addition to their team, he said I had exactly the type of energy they needed. Hired me on the spot.

Questions: Describe yourself. What interest do you have in our company/ what could you contribute. etc...

They're extremely professional. The training is very thorough. They have immaculate customer service, they basically oil any squeaky tire. I would suggest, if you don't like kissing unhappy customers behinds, you pass up working here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started off at 8/hr. quit with 9.50/hr, because I was efficient & took care of things that were not necessarily in my job description. that is how you get a raise.
    Anyone whom is positive & extremely outgoing, they love.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview

During the interview with the manager it was very easy to talk. I could easily feel confident since his personality was Very laid back and casual. The interview only took 5 minutes, then I was hired on the spot. Amazing interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Denton, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was behind the counter when I walked in and I was offered a drink by the cashier. 5 minutes after sitting down the hiring manager walked out and began to talk to me. He told me about the company and scheduled a second interview with the GM for the very next day.

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Edmond, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied and followed up with the GM within a week. I received an interview within that week which was positive. The GM was nice and answered all my questions. After the interview, he told me to come in for paperwork and my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience like while working at Sonic Drive-In?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Pasadena, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was quick, not really many questions, they just asked about my availability, personality and if it was my first job and I was hired on the spot. The interview was mainly about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2009.

Interview

Somewhat informal interview. Happened during a slow period between lunch and dinner and was directly at one of the desks. Lasted 45 minutes and I was offered the job at the end of it. Nothing really technical just make sure you sound like you know what your talking about, you are well dressed and you have a professional demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interview questions such as explain a problem you encountered during a project/or previous job and how did you overcome it. Additionally, they asked what is your biggest weakness. The final question was posed as a scenario of how you would handle a situation with a customer. What should you do if a customer claims they ordered something besides the thing they received and how would you handle the situation? I just said that you first make check to make sure the customer isn't lying by checking their receipt. Regardless of what the customer's receipt says, I would then still go and tell the cook to make what they thought they were getting and deliver when finished. Pretty simple stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat rate.