Pei Wei Asian Diner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.8

Server/Busboy/Cashier/Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Altamonte Springs, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very friendly staff, I walked in to turn in my application and one of the workers grabbed the manager for me. I had an impromptu interview and it was easygoing, i have another one tomorrow!

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick, mainly because he was the only one working the cash register, so i had to wait a bit when customers came in. He talked the majority of the time, saying he wanted someone who can work individually and not mess around with other co workers (strong work ethic). He only asked one question and cut the interview short because there were more people coming in. He said he would call back after he talks with the GM because I'm only 16 (labor laws and stuff 😕).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Forever long - months and months of on again, off again interviews. Overall the entire process was extremely unorganized at every turn and the visit to their "corporate" office was very unappealing. Many employees seemed cramed in to a small space and generally unhappy. I walked past one who was actively searching for a new job online! As it turns out the reviews on glassdoor from current and former employees related to this were extremely helpful - ask questions related to their profitability, extremely high turnover, lack of employee commitment and general business sense of current leaders. This business is hurting and in need of a drastic turnaround but convinced that the current leaders are not the ones to make it happen. They do not have the experienced needed to make this happen. They talk a big game but its all talk

Interview Questions

• We work a lot of hours, you made a comment about your child. How many kids do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online 2 weeks ago for new Pei Wei opening in Oklahoma City, OK. Process took about 5 days. Went into store after the construction crew left for the day and was interviewed by the GM, who was very friendly. Basically hired on the spot for $8.00/hour, which is what he hires everyone at. Interview process was very smooth and easy-going.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called a couple days later for an interview. Had the interview at one of the tables in Pei Wei with the manager, it lasted about 20 minutes, hired on the spot at $10/hour. NO drug test. Went in for orientation a few days later, then started training a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• How do you know you're doing a good job?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a teamwork activity you have participated in   Answer Question
    • What is your availability/how many hours are you willing to work   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of accomplishing a task that was assigned to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Hurst, TX).

Interview

Came in and sat with general manager. He offered me a drink and asked me a bit about myself. We found out that we had a mutual friend and had a good laugh. I was asked about experience and such. They did not drug test. On my application, I wrote that I wanted to start at 9.50, he asked me if I was worth 9.50. I was bold and confident, said I thought I was worth more and he laughed and gave me the 9.50 so I think if you have a chill interviewer, you could definitely negotiate salary.

Kitchen Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Beaumont, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview process was great. I was called in shortly after for hiring and filled out all of my paperwork to start working but never heard back from the manager after that. I called a week later after filling out my paperwork and was told that he would call me and tell me when I'd be scheduled to work. A week after that and still no call. I figured that he changed his mind and went with someone else. A month after filling out my paperwork I received an email stating that the position was filled and I did not get the position. I just wish communication was better. I was more upset that I gave up another job during this process. It was assumed that I was gettng hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Applied in-store. Met with the general manager several days later. The interview was maybe 20-30 minutes. They ask a few questions and go over pay and expectations. Got hired the following week.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about what I can contribute to the team. Mostly they told me what to expect and went over company rules during my interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Pompano Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told I was going to have an interview but they passed on me. I am still confused about that. I just followed a manager around to see how they opened the store. Anyone reading this review, good luck with getting hired for this company. It looks like an awesome company but make sure you actually get a sit down interview with a manager.

Cashier/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview

It was smooth and enjoyable. Not at all intimidating, especially with the nice atmosphere. The manager asked several situation questions/behavioral questions. At the end, we discussed what my hours could look like, and was told to return the next day to fill out paperwork. Wear something like a nice plain shirt, and look clean.