Peloton Interactive Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peloton Interactive Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Peloton Interactive

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

online assessment, a link with a coding question. It is in hard level for they give you 2 hours for only one programming question. I cannot believe the question is almost to hard level.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Peloton Interactive

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter called me on the phone to talk about the role and my background. At the end of the talk, recruiter asked me my salary expectations, and I said I didn't have a set number in mind, but shared my compensation at my previous job. Recruiter ghosted me after this in a unprofessional way, I emailed several times about next steps but never got a reply back.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive (New York, NY) in August 2020.

Interview

My interviewer (in-house @ peloton) was a few minutes late to our phone call appointment, which certainly set the tone for what was to come. She then proceeded to conduct the worst and most awkward interview I've been a part of. Her questions showed that she didn't even glance at my resume before the call. Astonishingly, she was unable to answer even the most basic questions about the role, instead deferring me to their website for literally everything. When I asked about company culture she literally read off their singular "company value" off the website and couldn't tell me a single thing otherwise. The call could have been over in 2 minutes had I not asked enough questions to cover 25 minutes of chatting. I've been working for quite a few years now, and interviewed quite a few times over the years, and I've never had an interview where the in-house recruiter was so clueless, and clearly cared SO LITTLE about doing her job or about screening candidates. I should have counted the number of awkward silences. The silences demonstrated how she wasn't even remotely engaged in the chat. Against my better judgment, since I am looking for a new role, I followed up about two weeks later to see if there were any updates. That was a few weeks ago and I've heard nothing back. I'm thoroughly turned off of Peloton now, which is a shame (for them) because I have a ton of development experience and have been indoor-cycling for many years now. No chance I'll even consider them at this point if this is the type of person they choose to represent their company.
    They need to realize: yes, they're interviewing candidates, but at the same time, the candidates are also interviewing them.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked by the interviewer, though when it was over I questioned if the experience really happened or if I imagined it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Neglectful and deceitful recruiters; most neglectful recruiters I've ever seen in any company I've interviewed with. I had to follow up after all interviews including the onsite. I followed up TWO WEEKS after the first interview and followed up TWO WEEKS after the onsite. Both times they promised to get back to me within a week. I didn't hear back about onsite feedback until an ENTIRE MONTH after the onsite. Really ridiculous. Interviewing with this company is a waste of time. They really don't respect nor value your time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter. Didn't hear back from them for 2 months despite reaching out. Eventually heard back from another recruiter looking to reschedule the same interview. Had to explain that I'd already talked to someone and was finally able to schedule a tech screen.

Day of, no call from the tech screen interviewer. Reach out to a recruiter and someone calls me 15 min late. Guy doesn't speak english very well and sounds like he's in the next room on speaker phone. He was decently nice thought - if a little flat. He then proceeds to ask me the the most difficult DP problem I've ever heard. Not only is this problem beyond the pale for a phone interview, but I highly doubt it comes close to anything they work on given my understanding of their platform and customer base.

Overall annoying process that feels like it speaks to what it's like to work here.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a result, determine whether you can insert * / + - in between to produce result. Operator precedence matters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

The first step is introduce yourself. For example any internships and any projects you've done. Then the interviewer asked a programming problem and let you solve it on either paper or a text editor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied thru website. Received a code challenge exam on Hacker rank. Done the 3 practice problems on hacker rank quickly. Went to do the real test afterwards. The challenge level raised dramatically compared to the practice problems. Also, it's 75 mins for 4 problems! I spent 30 mins solving the first one. I could have done it quicker, but I wasn't familiar using hacker rank and I was rushing. After solving the first problem, I know I couldn't finish the rest in time, so I gave up.

I don't like time constrains on the coding challenge. It's probably another thing that caused me to take longer time to complete the first problem, I was rushing. Most of the time, quick coding only produce inefficient junk. I'm not a quick coder, but I get my coding project done quickly and efficiently, because I start/plan early. Hopefully if a HR sees this can improve it.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This is simply for their OA. After applied through web, I receive an OA in hack rank. They expect you to solve 4 medium level problems in 75 minutes, which I think is ridiculous. When there is implementation of Class object within Class object, it is really helpful if EXAMPLE INPUTTED CODES can be provided. After solved the first one, I have already spent 20 minus, so I decided not to bother the rest. Also, 75 mins are not enough for four problems!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

4 difficult Hacker rank questions in 75 minutes, was not really doable within the allotted time. Fewer questions or more time would be required to finish this hacker rank assessment.

Interview Questions

• All possible combinations of hours for rest of week worked given a number of hours already worked in one week   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview seemed to go well with promises that the skill set required matched what I was asked of and next steps would be set up quickly the IT dept. director. When I asked general questions about processes, methodology, phone interviewer wanted them directed for the next steps and was told would get a call back within a day. Abruptly cancelled the entire process with a fickle excuse. Don't make promises and spout what the company is unable to deliver.