Penn Foster, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn Foster, Inc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.2

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc.

Interview

Was contacted by the director of Tech Support, who was "Interested in my skills". Setup in person interview, and most of it was her staring at her laptop, and her lead elaborating on how their systems are setup, locations etc. etc. overall felt like a very unprofessional interview. Was told I would hear back in a week, never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on my resume, Nothing technical, most of the interview was them talking about irrelevant subjects.   Answer Question

Penn Foster, Inc Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Front desk

Thank you for providing your honest feedback regarding your experience with Penn Foster. We value your input and will be in touch with the hiring manager to ensure a consistent, positive experience... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc in January 2017.

Interview

Awkward interview. Mostly talked about their technical platforms and updates to software, and random other topics. It was almost a sales pitch on how high tech their online schooling is. I thought there would be more focus on my education and experience given the position to which I was applying. The one person interviewing me seemed nervous and there was a lack of eye contact, which made me feel unsure of the situation. I also had a random phone interview that was not scheduled ahead of time, so that caught me off guard. Again, the focus was on their Penn Foster software platforms. I was not asked about my extensive education and experience in the field. They definitely wanted someone into computer software. I think it was a courtesy interview more than anything, and they already had someone chosen for the position. Waste of my time and incredibly the most awkward interview ever. I left not wanting the position and I am happy I did not get the position. Bullet dodged for sure.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Scranton, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was not grueling, more of a conversation than a question/answer interview. The conversation was mostly based around prior experience, why I was interested in the job, discussing salary, and then followed by a tour of the building and facilities. I was called back within 3-4 days to be told I got the job and that I would be starting with the new training class in a few weeks

Interview Questions

• What prior experience will make you an asset to Penn Foster?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Scranton, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewed began on time.I was escorted to the office by a friendly staffer. It was a casual, but professional atmosphere. I met with two managers of the department in a quiet, comfortable office.The interview questions were business specific. The interviewers were direct with their expectations and were helpful in describing exactly what their organization does. They showed a genuine interest in my work experience. It was a pleasant experience all around and well worth my time.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very position specific. One question was how would I prioritize the handling of customer issues.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Was very pleasant and relaxed. Asked me questions about work history and what they are looking for. Scheduled a face to face interview which was very casual. It was nice to see what the work environment would be like. Had a typing test and then the team leader explained what the position entailed. Had a third interview with the manager. She turned out to be very nice and had a great sense of humor. Everyone made me feel at home and like there was room for growth.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something that you believe in.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people over 2 days. It was more of a "get to know you" and learn about Penn Foster than a rigid difficult interview. I felt at ease with the person who interviewed me and I was appreciative for it.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality that you abide by?   1 Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Scranton, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

I had a prompted telephone interview and then a one on one interview once I passed that step. Initial perception of the company was that it was professional, but very old school. The building needs updates, as do the programs that are offered to the students, but that's a whole other story. It's like they are stuck in 1985.
    The interview was standard, the same questions that everyone loves to ask from upper management. For example, What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Tell me about a time that you had to face conflict at work, how did you hand it?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Scranton, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I saw the position advertised on Twitter and e-mailed my resume to the given address. Two months passed then I was called for an interview. The interview was short and sweet and I thought I had made a good impression. I hadn't heard anything for two weeks so I called to inquire about the position. According to the receptionist, it had not been filled yet. Another two weeks has gone by and I still haven't heard anything.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Scranton, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled well in advance but hastily carried out.
    1:1 interview was very quick and the information given was not accurate
    Group interview was really more of a meet and greet for fit

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - take or leave it

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Foster, Inc (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Responded to print ad . Was contacted by telephone to appear for job interview. Interview with visiting hr from head office in US. Interview was written test then face to face meeting. All went well.