Penn National Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.4

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Youngstown, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 3 interviewers, 7 of us were interviewed. Theme of the interview seemed to be what would you do if a 6'3" guy was screaming in your face because he lost his money in the machine. We were told that you get screamed at a lot in this position, customer is always right. People never apologize to you. Blackout holidays, long hours and low pay. NO THANK YOU! Should have walked out like one of the other people did at beginning of interview.

Terminal Handler/Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Effingham, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

This was my third interview with the same location and they seem to hire those that they already know and not by your work experience. Follow Ups were followed up by misleading you to think your going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How far do you live from location   2 Answers

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for the position online, then a recruiter from KPIT took a phone screening and forwarded for technical interview. Later after clearing it, background check was done and they hired.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview session. You have two HR leads that ask a total of four questions. They state there is NO wrong or right answer. Yet they are constantly writing info down next to your name.

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainville, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Plainville, MA).

Interview

I walked into the office in my work clothes--I was not afforded the opportunity to make an appointment to interview with the department. I felt as though I was a nuisance to be dealt with, rather than a potential teammate.

The first question was if I was just applying for the pay grade ($17/hr). The second question was if I had ever held a hammer before. The third was if I could tell them what sweating a pipe was. I was also asked what tools I owned, and if I even owned work boots.

I am -female-. I have never felt so insulted during an interview than during that interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying for this position for the money? It's okay to say yes.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Columbus, OH).

Interview

You and however many people they hired will sit in a room and they will ask you to talk to other people. They want to see you stand out and interact with people and smile. Talk a lot. If you don't, you will not get hired. After the group interview they will pick everyone that wasn't hired and tell them to leave. After that you will do one on one talking with your main head of a department and they will talk to you about yourself, your resume, and other things. If you pass that then you need to do a drug test either that day, or tomorrow. But dont be late, it you lost the job.

Leap Program - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Reading, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR pre screened me about a month before my interview. Received another call to schedule my in person interview one week ahead. HR was very accommodating with my current work schedule. I was provided with the name and position of the 3 IT directors who would interview me and asked to confirm the date and time by email. Everyone was friendly and I got good feedback during the panel-like interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed?
      What is your proudest moment?
      Tell us about yourself?
      How/ Why would you call yourself a leader?   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Plainville, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Went really well. The interviewer explained everything really good. She explained to me that it could get really busy but i would not be left alone there will always be someone to help me out.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with a frustrated costumer?   1 Answer

IT LEAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Wyomissing, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview conducted by HR. They were very flexible to coordinate a time that fit my current work schedule. Within a week I was emailed about coming in for a second interview. I was interviewed by all the IT directors in a panel-like format, where they alternated asking questions. The next week I was called in for a 3rd interview where I toured the office and spoke with the CIO about my career goals and flexibility to move/travel. 2-3 weeks later I was offered the position over a phone call from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position? Why do you think this would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming in June 2016.

Interview

Several rounds but pretty brief. Had interviews with the direct manager as well as most of the leadership team. I believe there was a total of 4 rounds of interviews that finished up with the Regional VP conducting the las interview.