Penn National Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn National Gaming Interview Questions

Interviews at Penn National Gaming

2.4

IT/AV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming.

Interview

Had a very brief phone interview! The process was very smooth i was contact a few days later for a one on one interview with the IT manager! Very nice people, extremely prompt and got back to me very quickly

HR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming.

Interview

Very simple. Had a phone interview at first and then brought in to do a presentation. Due to the position I was applying for, I had to show how I would present to others.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?
      Are you comfortable talking in front of large crowds?   Answer Question

EProcurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews, consisting of one with the talent hiring manager and then one with the department manager both on the same day. Then several in-person interviews with different supervisors, regional directors, managers of reporting and were held on the same day.

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Conshohocken, PA).

Interview

I interviewed on the phone once for about 20 minutes and then in person at the office in Conshohocken for about 45 minutes. I was told I was great fit for the role and that I was potentially going to get an offer during the in person. I then waited 3 weeks after the in person to hear anything and they gave no explanation to why they had went elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What kind of social platforms do you think would be of value to us?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Telephone, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview fairly quick after I applied. I was told I did great, they liked my background and second interview would be scheduled next week. I did not hear back, waited 2 weeks, emailed the HR rep and no response. Waited another 2 week and emailed this person again with an updated resume. Maybe they were fired? My portal at their job site still says "under review." Kind of makes you wonder what kind of company this is? The least they could do is send an automated email like most other companies if they are no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Very basic, tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer, employee?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming.

Interview

I applied and an hour later they responded asking if I wanted to set up a phone interview. I set one up a week later as it was the available time for the recruiter. A week later and it is phone interview time, they never call. I emailed them confirming the appointment only to get a repsonse saying they filled the position. I took time off of oy current job to do this interview only to get treated unprofessionally.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

pretty easy, good questions to ask, interview only 3 steps ,first is phone ,then on site.ask me some questions about my study ,school and home

Finance LEAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (Charles Town, WV).

Interview

Applied online, couple days later phone interview with CFO and someone else. They each had a list of questions that weren’t difficult to answer. After talking about the position, I was not interested so that was it.

Slot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming.

Interview

It was a group interview where 3 talent recruiters asked general questions. We played a couple games to showcase teamwork and communication skills. We were all told if we were hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that you showed exemplary customer service.   Answer Question

Penn National Gaming Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for feedback and wanting to Work Happy with Penn National Gaming! We take your comments seriously and will use them to improve the candidate experience in the future. We wish the best of luck to you in your future career endeavors!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penn National Gaming (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Honestly, the most unprofessional interview experience I have endured in my 5+ years of hospitality management. Stay away from the Hollywood Casino in San Diego! The hiring manager declined a copy of my resume at the interview saying "he didn't need it," then immediately started rapid firing questions, many of which were not directly related to the position. He would ask things like "Name 3 types of red wine from California but not from Napa" then would interrupt me after I named one and change the question. There were no questions about my management style or prior experience. It was very off putting.

A couple of weeks later I received a phone call at 9pm on a Tuesday night, and to my surprise it was the hiring manager. He asked if it was "a good time," which obviously was pretty strange considering it was past 9pm on a weekday. All he wanted to say was that they were still considering my application and they would let me know by the next week. I did not hear back.

A month passed and I accepted a position at a different property, life goes on. Then almost 3 months after my interview, I receive another strangely late evening call again. Having long forgotten about the Hollywood Casino, how surprised was I to once again hear from this hiring manager. He asked if I was still interested in the position, I said "I'm sorry but I hadn't hear from you in 2 and a half months so I have moved on to another opportunity" to which he started badgering me about where it was, and if "I was really happy with my decision?" to which I replied "well yes, it has been almost 3 months now. Thank you but I am not interested."

Interview Questions

• Describe the different processes of making whiskey vs bourbon   1 Answer

Penn National Gaming Response

Feb 15, 2018 – Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize about your challenges, as we definitely strive for a positive candidate experience. We thank you for your interest to Work Happy with Penn National and hope that you will consider us for future career opportunities. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!