Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.5

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

Interview

Job process was not difficult at all. The interview was exactly what you would expect. Market Research Internship was so enjoyable and it was a pleasure to work there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview with multiple people that involved discussions of job responsibilities, work environment, and potential future opportunities. Phone discussion involved description of an average day working and placed significant emphasis on interviewee having intelligent questions. Interviewers were informative and pleasant and the tone was very relaxed and personable. Time in the position has demonstrated that descriptions and advice given during the interview were very accurate and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

3 total interviews, one with analysts, one with a director and one with a VP
    Typically the analysts describe a day in the life and gauge the interviewee's personality fit, skill and interest. A director or project manager asks harder questions about skills and personal priorities, then a VP or director comes in for a short interview and hands the interviewee a project to be completed within a week.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions and then they give a case study and give the interviewee a week to complete a small data analysis test project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied via school career network and heard back after two weeks or so. It was a 1 round interview, and they invited you to their office space. It was three rounds. The first interviewer was an analyst, the second interviewer was a VP, the third interviewer was an HR. Overall, the experience was quite standard. Nothing special that caught me surprised.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions: Tell me a bit about yourself; why do you apply to this position; tell me an experience that you resolve a conflict and such...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very long process. HR is terrible getting back and does not follow up. Had a very negative experience overall. Was very excited to work there at the beginning but after following up multiple times and not receiving ANY response whatsoever (for weeks which turned into months) until I contacted someone outside of HR, it was a terrible experience. Unfortunate how exciting it was initially, however, after months of not hearing back with a concrete offer, the experience overall was VERY negative.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

1. Applied through university career website
    2. got a email to visit office, watched a presentation about the company and the job & ask questions
    3. Had three interviews with three different people in the office after the presentation
    4. Send a follow up email after 2 weeks, got the job offer after 2 weeks from HR

Interview Questions

• Just basically walked through my resume, and asked about each of my previous work experience. Very relax environment and no tough questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I reached out via email to the recruiter in Washington D.C. She followed up quickly and we spoke on the phone the following Friday regarding the position. The phone portion went very well and I was moved on to the Analyst Test portion. I completed the test and submitted accordingly. After following up multiple times with very little response, I was told that I wasn't selected. The recruiter made no mention of whether or not my test was reviewed by any staff members, and I doubt they did. I believe my position was filled before I finished my application. Sadly, I the process was a waste of my time. Judging from other interview responses on Glassdoor, this isn't a rare occurrence.

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

Interview

I applied through my university careers website, and was contacted by HR a couple of weeks later to do an initial phone screening with two analysts from the New York office. The phone screen lasted about 30 minutes and they were very friendly, and just asked about my resume, experience, and some general behavioral questions. I heard back the following week from HR again and was asked to go in for an on-site interview. This interview was done by several groups of analysts in different phases. First I was interviewed by two analysts, then I was interviewed by three other analysts, then a project manager came in and interviewed me at the end. It lasted around two hours and they asked rather extensive behavioral/technical questions about my abilities and interest in the industry. Weeks later (and after sending several follow up e-mails), I received word from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a company that you think has a great marketing strategy, and one that you think has a poor marketing strategy.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a high stress situation, for example meeting several deadlines by the end of the day?   Answer Question
    • What about market research interests you and what are your long term career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern pay.

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

Interview

Simple Interview in person interview with 3 analysts, asked nearly only behavioral questions. It was an open process but they didn't tell me much about the job description or what I would be doing. Mainly wanted to know interest in Market research.

Interview Questions

• Asked about to come up with company and give examples of where they place on different graphs   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

First, had phone interview with HR associate in DC office. Very short, less than 20 minutes and a basic overview of resume and why you are interested in this position, market research and PSB. Next, got a "writing assignment" where you analyze survey data and create a pseudo-client presentation. Took a long time, but had a few days to complete. If they like your analysis/powerpoint, they'll set up an in-person interview. Had three 1:1 interviews with 2 senior analysts and 1 director. Each was about 20-30 minutes. 2 included "case" questions, giving you examples of graphs they create for clients and how you interpret them. Asked a lot about previous experience with research. Wanted to know how you reason through graphs and data.

Interview Questions

• Describe and critique Microsoft's current/past marketing strategy. What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.