Penn State University IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn State University IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Penn State University

1.5

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with three individuals. A supervisor and two managers. Questions were ask about your IT experience, knowledge, and interest. Interview was on-site and lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Penn State University

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University (Penn State University, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was all good and easy. Asked a few simple questions like if I can connect to the pennstate network, or if I can format a mac or windows computer. Also, asked about my back ground in experience. The interview lasted just for about 30 mins. Thats all.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous Job ?   1 Answer

ITS Consult Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Up, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (Round Up, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

During interview, I was asked non-IT types of questions by a large group of current staff with limited PSU experience and work experience in general. It wasnt clear what the purpose was for those questions so was not sure how to respond. The questions were seemingly more appropriate for clerical office staff rather than professional IT applicants. (Eg. Describe one way you would improve your attendance or reduce the sick time used. My response was to laugh because I thought the young girl was making a joke statement, which was not well received.) Questions were mostly shallow and unsophisticated, with time wasted on illogical topics, and relative aspects offered were not of interest. After 1 hour, the unfinished interview was ended by a director of the unit who stated suddenly "Thank you, we will call you." and began telling others goodbye while I was still in my chair.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in registering for classes if you are hired?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penn State University in May 2008.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty simple and straightforward. There was an A+ cert. exam that was used to test out how much hardware knowledge one knew. After the exam was over, a quick briefing on what the primary responsibilities of the job were given.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral and probably the most difficult question (still really easy) was "What is your thought process when you do not know how to fix something?"   1 Answer