Penn State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Penn State University

2.4

Interview

Had a face to face interview, asked about general knowledge and experience. Usual interview question, strengths and weaknesses, skills you possess, interviewed for Prevention Research Center in the BBH building

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can most contribute to this organization   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Asking previous research experience for contributing their lab project at Penn State. It was in the zoom meeting and I talked to all group members. I did my presentation, then they asked different task about my research.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell how do you make a research plan for a project?   Answer Question

Facility Attendant Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy and laid back. The interviewers were very down to earth. More of a conversation than just questions and answers. After the questions were done they explained the job description. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

This position does not require a formal interview. They mostly want to see how you've done in courses and if you had an A you are normally good. Sometimes you have to know a professor and ask to TA with them next semester.

HR Generalist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Phone call then on site. Standard round Robin questions where the asker doesn't care about the question they ask. Process takes forever, you never hear back. No agility or out of the box conversations.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Had an online video interview where there were multiple people in the room but only one person was asking questions. Following this, there are written interviews and another formal interview in person

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was a two stage process for hiring new people. The process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making the hire

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. They ask a lot of questions and look for specific examples of how you handle complex assignments.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University in February 2020.

Interview

Respectful, collegial, and as painless as an academic search can be. Phone interview request was two weeks after application deadline, invitation to visit campus was several weeks after that. They ended up cancelling the search after my campus visit due to a hiring freeze but could not have been nicer or more professional

Interview Questions

• What is a graduate level course not currently offered in our college that you would like to teach   Answer Question

Student Food Serci Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

You apply online on a website and then have to go in person to fill some paperwork and take a quiz. It was very easy and anyone student could get hired immediately.

STEM Education Outreach Specialist Interview

Interview

This review applies to this position and the center that hosts it, which is a division from the College of Education called CSATS. This does not reflect my opinion of Penn State University as a whole.

I applied for this position in 2018 and 2019. The first time I applied for this my application was stalled for a long time after the closing date. I emailed a couple of people within CSATS to inquire about my application and I never heard back from them. Having browsed their website I knew the former STEM Education Outreach Specialist was a woman. I learned I did not get this position later, not from HR, not from CSATS but from an ONLINE DATING APP!! At the time I was online dating and noticed a profile from a man that listed he was a STEM Education Outreach Specialist. I checked the website and there it was.

In 2019 I was still interested in that job because it actually sounds very interesting and I thought I would be a perfect fit. I applied for this position again. Weeks later they emailed me notifying me that they "they will not be filling the job at this time". I do not understand why they would open a position if they do not intend to hire anybody.

I feel I wasted my time and CSATS does not seem well organized to me.