Penn State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn State University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.5

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

The staff and students were extremely nice. They all seemed genuinely excited to meet me and the interview process was super relaxed. I had the opportunity tour the campus and it was an overall pleasant experience.

Campus Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Applied on line. Called to set up a skype interview. Interviewed by a panel of 6 consisting of peers, supervisor, and subject matter professor. Months later automatic email sent informing me the position had been cancelled.

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Submitted an application and waited to hear back. The coordinator emails you back, detailing whether or not you received an offer. They also let you know whether you are categorized as a Coach or a Grader

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken in IST and received a grade of A- or above?   Answer Question

Commons Desk Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was very informal. It most mostly just paperwork and asking what my class schedule was for the semester and other obligations when I would be busy and would be unable to work. They then let me know what shifts were open and what I would be able to work.

DDAR Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA).

Interview

Submit a resume, and about a 3 page essay. Then you can get selected for the first interview with the HR team and if you make it through that you will be assigned a college unit, or units, to interview with. Is a very long process but I was lucky enough to be selected and its been great. summer in state college is so worth it and you learn so much about the school. do your best on every aspect because it is surprisingly competitive

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with adversity and how you over came it   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to show leadership   Answer Question
    • HINT: some how talk about how you are an attentive listener   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview with a panel. 25 minute interview and then I was given a whopping 5 minutes to ask questions. It was the worst interviewing process for a first interview that I have been through. Off of this interview they were bringing in candidates to interview onsite. There is no way they could have gotten to know me in 30 minutes. This is my alma mater and after this experience I would not want to work for them.

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University (Wyomissing, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went in and didn't feel nervous. I applied for a housekeeping job. Was interviewed by two nice young guys. They asked really good questions about me. Was eventually selected for the mail clerk job based on my interview answers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Professors that students are interested in are in charge of interview process. A few phone interviews from the professors followed by an on site interview organized by the department.

Graduate Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Interview

It was very intense. We were to meet with more than 5 faculty members and talk to them. They can range from mild to aggressive. Be prepared about your previous research and also study up on the professors and their area of expertise. They will ask you about how much you know about them

Interview Questions

• Mostly about research interests, and what you foresee working on in the program   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Penn State University (Erie, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a face to face discussion with the professor I would be conducting research under. The professor wanted to know my career aspirations to ensure they aligned with the values needed to be a successful researcher.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer