Penn State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (University Park, PA).

Interview

Received a call from the hiring manager to set up an interview. Went to his office for an interview. Manager was very kind and worked with two other managers. Only got interviewed by the one. Customer service skills are very important as well.

Pizza Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University (Penn State University, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

apply online and they call you and set up interview in campus and in the interview they ask questions and then after days later they call you again if you got the job or not.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen followed by a one day set of meetings. Meetings were with numerous individuals, a committee or two, a presentation, and then an exit interview with the decision makes.

Interview Questions

• They asked if anything had happened to make me more sympathetic to the needs of others.   1 Answer

Associate Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the college staff, director and dean after being referred by a current development officer. I visited with upper management of the division prior to applying or and interviewing for a position. Applied in the past without much success.

Negotiation

A lower offer was negotiated up before being brought back to me. I probably could've negotiated an increase, but felt it was a solid offer and I accepted it.

Associate Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with several members of the team as well as with the department dean, who was a bit distracted. Overall, I think I was too old to be considered.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Penn State University.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Cordial and pleasant interviewers. Some difficult questions, and many opportunities to share my ideas for the position. Had to give a PowerPoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult challenge was the phone interview with the silent group of interviewers on the other end. It was difficult for me to assess the impact of what I said, and thus how the interview went. It seems to have gone well, since I was invited to interview in-person.   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University in November 2014.

Interview

Took about a month, panel interview. The questions were difficult and one of the interviewers did not seem to like me. He kept asking the same question as if he was expecting a certain answer. I could not satisfy him, apparently. I got a letter about a month or two later stating that they had gone with another candidate. It was a stressful interview.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The application required the submission of a portfolio, a cv, a letter of intent, and the list of 3 references to be contacted. I was a former student and it seems they do not like hiring their former students, at least within the same department.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a faculty member and I emailed the hiring department head. She scheduled me for an in person interview. I briefly interviewed with her. I was offered a position. I completed the proper paperwork and waited for a background check to be completed. I started about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with this software? Are you dependable? What's your feeling on working here?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenango, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn State University (Shenango, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Group telephone interview and group in-person interview. Intimidating atmosphere; several "gotcha questions" regarding Drupal. Some individuals on the interview panel were obviously texting each other about my answers during the interview. Who does that?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself in terms of education and professional experience.   Answer Question