Penn State University Interview Questions in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

2.5

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

DDAR Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA).

Interview

Submit a resume, and about a 3 page essay. Then you can get selected for the first interview with the HR team and if you make it through that you will be assigned a college unit, or units, to interview with. Is a very long process but I was lucky enough to be selected and its been great. summer in state college is so worth it and you learn so much about the school. do your best on every aspect because it is surprisingly competitive

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with adversity and how you over came it   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to show leadership   Answer Question
    • HINT: some how talk about how you are an attentive listener   Answer Question

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn State University (Wyomissing, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went in and didn't feel nervous. I applied for a housekeeping job. Was interviewed by two nice young guys. They asked really good questions about me. Was eventually selected for the mail clerk job based on my interview answers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Interview

It was very intense. We were to meet with more than 5 faculty members and talk to them. They can range from mild to aggressive. Be prepared about your previous research and also study up on the professors and their area of expertise. They will ask you about how much you know about them

Interview Questions

• Mostly about research interests, and what you foresee working on in the program   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Penn State University (Erie, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a face to face discussion with the professor I would be conducting research under. The professor wanted to know my career aspirations to ensure they aligned with the values needed to be a successful researcher.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen followed by a one day set of meetings. Meetings were with numerous individuals, a committee or two, a presentation, and then an exit interview with the decision makes.

Interview Questions

• They asked if anything had happened to make me more sympathetic to the needs of others.   1 Answer

Opp Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

A multiple person interview. I interviewed in front of 4 people getting asked a question from each person. It was informal and the questions were not hard behavioral. At least 2 of the people in the room were who you could be working for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a team and were challenged   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA).

Interview

A professor sent a department-wide email asking for graduate students to volunteer to be TAs. I replied with a list of the courses that I was hoping to TA... No response, for two months. I decided to speak directly with the professors of the courses that I wanted to TA, and soon found a good match. No further interview was necessary, the professor took care of assigning me to be his TA, and the checks started rolling in as soon as the class started.

Interview Questions

• Will you please TA one of the chemical engineering courses next semester?   1 Answer

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (University Park, PA).

Interview

Received a call from the hiring manager to set up an interview. Went to his office for an interview. Manager was very kind and worked with two other managers. Only got interviewed by the one. Customer service skills are very important as well.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penn State University (Middletown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

There's no need to stress because interview process was easy. They do not require that much from you. It's an on-campus job, so it is basically they hire on a need basis.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Clinical Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

there was a one-day long interview process, with the entire department individually, plus group review of me actually teaching a class in the school (on the same day as the one on one interviews)

Interview Questions

• what can we answer for you?   1 Answer