Penn State University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penn State University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Penn State University

2.6

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an onsite interview. Research presentation followed by one-on-one meetings with group members. The interview lasted approximately 5 hours. Overall experience was great. The interview process involved only a day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Penn State University

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University (State College, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview with the professor. Since I was a graduate student at Penn State, I was quite familiar with the adviser. After the check of my background, including my transcripts, publications and achievements, the professor was satisfied. During the interview, I introduced my personality and convinced the professor that I am a good researcher.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penn State University in May 2010.

Interview

Had several phone conversations before and after the reference letters were recieved by the PI. Then was offered an in person interview where I was flown to the university and spent the day touring the lab, giving a presentation and discussion future goals, etc. with the PI and his collaborator. Then went to dinner with the lab. Was given a job offer the next business day after my return home. Great people, great school, great work environment. Very productive and of high caliber. Training was a priority.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a family and will they be coming with you.   1 Answer

Length of contract offered was too short (<1year) for me to consider given my family status.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penn State University in December 2009.

Interview

one phone interview talking to the future boss, and an on-site visit for 1.5 days.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn State University in March 2010.

Interview

simple form to provide background information and expertise. brief meeting with penn state lead for the government contract.