Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation

Winter Maintenance Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (Lancaster, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

i only got a over the phone interview , only willing to give 37 hours , no full time benefits or guarantee . Did say that you have a chance to get hired on once the winter program ended. did not choose to continue further interest with this job .

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview at a career fair, typical interview process. Talked to them at there booth, and then was scheduled for an interview. It wasn't very difficult but had some good questions. Then a few weeks after i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.

Interview

3 panel interviewers, most of the questions were not job related; instead they were based on personality. After the interview, references were contacted; background check was conducted, the prospective employees paperwork went from the District HR Unit to the Bureau of HR in Harrisburg, then sent back to the District HR. The process took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable

Information Technology Generalist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (Muncy, PA).

Interview

I was promoted from a Information Technology Technician. I was the only one that applied for the job. The interview was very simple. They schedules an interview that took around 30 minutes total. Very simple questions such as what languages do you have experience with, what was a problem you have over come, and what is one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses. This can be difficult if you are not prepared for the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

State salaries are not negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Got information on the position from a representative at the school job fair and had phone interview, the interviewer was very helpful in setting a time that did not conflict with class schedule. Allowed phone interview because I did not have a car on campus at that time.