PennyMac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter and sent my resume. Quick phone interview, second phone interview, then 3 in-person interviews on the same day. Took around a month. Everyone was really friendly and professional even the executives.

Loan Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PennyMac (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The experience was great. Very relaxed and pleasant. I had to do a mock call off the bat. And the rest was smooth sailing. Im hoping for a offer very soon

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennyMac.

Interview

Interviewer was about an hour late, so I sat in the main area for a while. Interview went well, but I felt like the CS team is highly disorganized and unprofessional.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennyMac.

Interview

The process was easy. Asked you questions about your experience. And gave real life situations of how you would handle a situation if it was present to you. Interviewer did a great job at explaining the job description

Senior Analyst, FAV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennyMac (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

two phone interviews, one with manager, one with SVP. They then brought me onsite for in person interviews. Nice process overall, but they can be better with their communication on what position they ultimately give you the offer for. (I applied and interviewed for sr analyst, but only when I got the offer they revealed it was for an analyst position)

Interview Questions

• What is the duration of a bond?
      Can you explain to me the Time Value of Money?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PennyMac.

Interview

I reached out to the PennyMac Human Resources, Talent Acquisition team to apply for the job a while back. Got confirmation for an interview, had a phone interview, then an on-site interview with two separate individuals, both on the VP to EVP level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PennyMac?   3 Answers

Business Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PennyMac (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview went very smooth. Nice conversation with hiring manager and called back for second interview. I declined any further conversation due to company benefit package...two weeks vacation that must be accrued prior to use did not meet my needs. I would have accepted the position if benefits would have been more competitive.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennyMac (Westlake Village, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had screening phone calls with hiring manager and manager above. Went to location for in person interview to talk to them plus a couple of others. They were pleasant enough. Interview took place on the second floor where most of the employees were seated at very narrow long tables. Each person had two monitors in front of them and they were literally elbow to elbow. All I could think while I was there was - WOW- THIS PLACE WOULDN'T PASS THE TEST REQUIRED BY CALIFORNIA'S "HAPPY CHICKEN LAW". And for those of you who don't know, the law requires that chickens have enough room to get up and down and spread their wings comfortably without touching either the edge of their cage or a fellow bird. If these folks stretched their arms all the way out, they would indeed touch another person. Couldn't figure out how analysts could be fully productive with that kind of physical setup.

Interview Questions

• Asked some specific questions relevant to my knowledge of the mortgage industry   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PennyMac.

Interview

Two interviewers, one that focuses more on finance (and is constantly asking about work experiences, finance, etc.) and one that focuses more on personality (what you're passionate about, how you work on a team, etc.), 1 hr. Only got through round 1 of interviews then no response, even though I sent handwritten thank you notes. The finance interviewer seemed very cold and calculating. Other Interviewer seemed forced nice. Overall I was left feeling strange, as if they hated me, but they said things as if they liked me, encouraging me to elaborate on things. Try to make sure your experiences are tailored towards finance, even though there are marketing divisions. One thing they mentioned made it seem like the company's leadership would be changing soon and things are unsettled there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PennyMac (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very quick although very thorough. They really wanted to get to know me as a person, as well as my personality in the workplace. They ask me about my previous jobs and about my previous managers. How I got along with my co-workers in the past and how I feel I would do in the mortgage industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to show that you were accountable?   1 Answer