Pensacola Christian College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pensacola Christian College

Dining Services Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

There really wasn't much of one. They already knew me and made their decision based off of that. Your reputation and history there, particularly as a student, has a big affect on how they see you. If you were a trouble maker there isn't much room for grace or a second chance because they already have a preconceived notion you are up to no good.

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

The interview was solely with a male Employee Services staff person with no one from my future relevant department present, and after hire, I found out that my future team leader was not even privy to my resume or any skills or experience in it. Nor ever after as well. I have found out afterward that the Employee Services Department wields incredible power at this organization and is quite inflexible and lacking in member care - the number one trait desired in employees is compliance. With hiring at PCC, the priority seems to be filling an empty position and total compliance to the Employee handbook vs. what are your skills and how would you benefit the organization and vice versa. Forget career progression possibilities. You are shown a high quality, informative video presentation of the organization's history and founders. Church attendance at the on-campus Campus Church is absolutely a job requirement and you will fill in attendance slips each week (and they are checked by HR) so forget personal choice or responsibly choosing your own place of worship. During the interview it felt like signing on here was relinquishing much of my personal dignity and freedom of choice in exchange for a paycheck. Much of this was explained as necessary due to it being a ministry - never mind that to a Christian, every job they always work at is/should be automatically that. Also of concern should be the fact that every full-time hire is for at least a one-year contract even for all support jobs and the explanation is that your leaving would impact the school schedule. And if you happen to not be applying exactly before the start of the Fall semester then they'll tack on the remainder of that year until July PLUS one year. Because they can. There is no negotiating anything or flexibility within the interview - which is an accurate preview of the overall work environment that follows. Also, although the company can terminate you with a normal 2 weeks notice, all employees must not only give a 6-month notice (in January) but can only then leave in July (when all employee contracts stop/restart) without being considered a "contract-breaker". Be very aware of this going into any interview or accepting a position. Also, I recommend carefully read the entire Employee Handbook before deciding.

Interview Questions

• Are you in complete agreement with the Employee Handbook in all areas (dress, personal beliefs and standards incl. music, etc.)   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Interview with Vice President of Academic Affairs. It was fairly easy and honestly has very little bearing on whether you will be accepted unless you graduated from somewhere else, as it is all based on your standing as an undergrad. A major thing that bugged me, but probably shouldn't have surprised me considering the overall environment of the school, is that your answers are expected to parrot PCC's beliefs and were often misleadingly phrased.

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy on music?   1 Answer

Pressman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

there was no interview, there was just an application that we have to fill out regarding our personality.
    also at the end of section we have to talk or describe about ourselves.

Service Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked questions related to how well I match with the "Ministry". Wanted my salvation experience and stuff like that. Very much focused on the "Ministry". Was mentioned a TON during the interview that this was a "Ministry" for others. Otherwise a pretty basic interview. Had nothing related to my actual skills and ability.

Interview Questions

The pay was a total joke and additionally I would be required to live in housing owned by PCC.