Penske Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penske Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.4

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

Get the position information from networking and then followed four interview. The first two were with the financial people and then with the direct manager.

Interview Questions

• The direct manager asked couple question on the understanding of basic supply chain logic. Like reduce a day in the ordering process will affect what party of the company.   Answer Question

Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Stockton, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and answered my questions, scheduled for an interview and road test, sent for a drug screen, and basically went to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just given an outline of the position and the pay.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Penske (Shelbyville, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

They call you, have a phone interview, bring you in for an interview with an operations manager - which they are basically getting the feel for you, making sure you can work in the cold environment (refrigerated warehouse), and work with union employees. Next you interview with the Sr ops mgr. They'll contact you and offer you a position, and if you are interviewed they can't afford to not hire you because they can't keep any supervisors, so they'll make an offer. Before you accept the offer, tremendous to consider in the pay that you'll work apx 60 hrs per week as a minimum. Do not listen to what they tell you about"extra day" pay add they only pay that when they want to and they often threaten to not pay it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Vehicle Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske (Arlington, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It was two phone interviews and one of the persons was in an airport and the constant paging overhead was hard to talk over. I also had a Skype interview. It was at 6pm. It was very relaxed.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was all done by a quick phone call and then e-mails.The e-mails were basic questions and then the offer and instructions for the drug test. The account manager was not too involved and that carried onto once hired. He is still not very involved in making sure the employees are doing well.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?
      How is your team workplace skills?
      Do you work well on your own?   Answer Question

Front Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clyde, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Clyde, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I put my application in on an online site. Got called right away. Had an interview with the manager and he made me feel like I was hired on the spot, he was great and made me feel comfortable. He told me everything to expect and he was spot on.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penske (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews plus an interrogation by an outsourced interviewing company who told the HR team that I said things I didnt say. It didnt feel like an interview at all. It felt more like I was under a judge and jury.

Interview Questions

• They actually spoke more about the company and the position rather than ask me questions. The outsource company asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Warehouse Stocked Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Penske (Broken Arrow, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a quick formality. I came from a temp service and the manager looked it over to make sure there was nothing crazy on my form. 3 months later he asked if I would like to hire on permanently.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Fairfield, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

Dropped off resume and met with HR Dir. briefly. No jobs available. 3 months later, HR Dir. called me to offer me current job. Met with HR mgr once, HR mgr & office manager once, HR mgr, office mgr and position supervisor once. Then offered job and hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional $1.00 per hour from their original offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. They asked straight questions did not try and drill you. The Interviewers were not very thorough as far as what the job entailed and what your working schedule would be, but everything worked out for the best.