Penske Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.4

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

The process went relatively fast once the interview process began. I applied online through my school's career website in December. I received a call in February. The first interview was really just to gauge your communication skills. Then I went to the facility. I had 2 more interviews after that all totaling about 1.5 weeks total. It was a pretty relaxed interview. Know your resume, and what you have to offer. There were a lot of situational questions, and behavioral questions. The cool thing about this job is that it really is an entry level fast track to management. They don't expect you to know anything, but do expect you to be willing to learn.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Penske (Queensbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Too many questions and they ask you two mechanical questions like if know the difference between a gasoline engine an a diesel engine. And if u know how to diagnose brakes

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penske (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews plus an interrogation by an outsourced interviewing company who told the HR team that I said things I didnt say. It didnt feel like an interview at all. It felt more like I was under a judge and jury.

Interview Questions

• They actually spoke more about the company and the position rather than ask me questions. The outsource company asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Vehicle Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Few basic questions and a test on math, spelling, filling, & data entry. I don't remember an ID test but I'm sure there had to be one. I was already working for the company so I didn't need a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically told me how much more I would make from my last position.

Front Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clyde, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Clyde, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I put my application in on an online site. Got called right away. Had an interview with the manager and he made me feel like I was hired on the spot, he was great and made me feel comfortable. He told me everything to expect and he was spot on.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Detroit, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

One phone interview and 1 face to face with executive team member. Interview was rather easy. Reviewing glass door is all the prep you need. They never asked about my preparation, competitive insights, etc.

Beware: they make a lot of false promises about pay and training. I never received a full day of training and they withhold all bonuses to date despite promises.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviews are quick! It takes too long to actually get hired. I was phone screened, interviewed in person, and then had to return for a road test. This process should not take this long. Should consider having a one day process.

Interview Questions

• How much driving experience I had.   1 Answer

Load Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Dearborn, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring in was a long Process due to the drug test and back ground checks
    the interview its self was some strenuous but other people told me when they interviewed it was breeze due to they were desperate

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Not clear on pay. The manager was late to the interview. Very invasive about everything. They hire a PI firm to investigate your resume. Ask for 5 references. Do a drug and bk screen. Not sure about turnover but reading reviews it scares me.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was all done by a quick phone call and then e-mails.The e-mails were basic questions and then the offer and instructions for the drug test. The account manager was not too involved and that carried onto once hired. He is still not very involved in making sure the employees are doing well.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?
      How is your team workplace skills?
      Do you work well on your own?
      Answer Question