Penske Truck Leasing Interview Questions in Reading, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two directors, the senior VP was too busy to meet with me, so they said I would need to return for a 2nd in-person interview to meet with her. They ended up pursuing other (more qualified) candidates.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Moving Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Million question what they don't want to hear is you already know more then they do, they want and being serious idiots i had more experience then the people doing the interviews I'm not leaving a negative because not offered but because they don't want experienced people but reading other posts i see why most seem to say it is the old boy system not a career unless you are a backstabber

Interview Questions

• All they wanted to know was everything i knew so they could adjust things   1 Answer

Vehicle Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

There are very few people that are actually qualified for this position. So there were only two internal candidates and I had the most trucking background. Most internal candidates were from the call center and did not have truck design experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would like this type of work?   1 Answer

Operational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair for their summer internship, got a phone interview, moved on to next round which was on-site in Reading, PA. I had to give a technical presentation about a project I've done in the past. Then, went on a site tour of the office.

After my interview, I didn't hear back for a while. I reached out to them asking about any updates on my application and she said they were impressed with my interview but haven't made a decision yet. Never heard back from them again which I consider extremely rude since I drove out there for an entire day for the company. They should make it clear that they want Co-Ops, not summer interns so they don't waste anyone's time.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with a questionnaire about work experiences, important skills, how would your co-workers describe you, etc. (it was 17 questions). After submitting that I didn't hear anything for 3 months so I sent a follow-up email to the HR recruiter. The next day I received an email from the VP requesting a phone interview, which lasted about a hour. I had to follow-up again with an email, and a month after the phone interview I received an email from the VP to schedule a face-to-face interview. During the interview I was asked if I'd be available to come back and meet with the VP's boss, I never heard back. I followed up with an email two weeks later, but I still never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?
      Why do you want to work for Penske?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. It is only 5-10 minutes. Wait about 1 week to receive the onsite interview invitation.
    And then on site interview with manager/VP. Wait about one more week after on site interview to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1, Tell me about yourself.
      2, Go through the resume.
      3, what makes you choose Penske?
      4, Leadership activities?
      5,What are your greatest weakness?
      6, What was the toughest challenge you’ve ever faced?
      7, Where do you see yourself in next five years?
      They are all general interview questions. not hard at all if you prepare. Make sure to let them see your passion on this internship.   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was very thorough but quick. Had a decision in a few weeks. People were friendly and easy to speak with. One person I spoke with past our time as we were having such a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions around HR strategy and relationship building.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, was asked to describe myself, why I would be a good fit, and asked about my past work experience. They either seemed rushed on getting an intern or thought I was qualified enough to hire me, so I only had one phone interview and was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? What was the result?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Some context: I am a currently employed software developer making over $80k/year with several years of enterprise Java and relational database experience.

I applied online for the Programmer Analyst position at Penske Truck Leasing in Reading, Pa. a few weeks ago. The hiring system interface seemed antiquated and there were too many steps, but the e-mail notifications showing my application status (received, in process, etc.) were nice.

Got a cold call a day or two later from a developer who began asking me textbook Java questions such as abstract class vs. interface, what is a finally block, when is a finally block not reached, can you store heterogeneous objects in a collection, what are annotations, what is synchronization, etc. Also, did I know Spring, XMLBeans, UDDI, etc. SQL questions included outer vs. inner join.

After the technical stuff there was a brief section of soft skill type questions. After that it was open to my questions. A few things I learned: there are a lot of long timers working there. The interviewer said the most junior developer in their group had been there 4 years. Interviewer himself had put in over a decade, and he sounded young (late 20s/early 30s). They do allow telecommuting, but only one day a week, and only after a proving period of at least 6 months.

I felt I answered most of the questions to the satisfaction of the interviewer (and even went above and beyond on some), as he seemed to provide positive cues and feedback. Unfortunately, no callback and today an e-mail saying I was passed on. I'm from a Java EE rather than a Spring background, so maybe that was a strike against me.

The nice thing is they tell you in an e-mail you didn't make it, which is more than most companies do today.

Overall, neutral experience. Always strange to feel you did well in an interview only to be turned down. They asked about some things that weren't on my resume to boot. If Spring knowledge is a hard and fast requirement, for instance, don't phone people who don't list it among their skills. Also, drop the 'gotcha' questions that most developers don't deal with in their day to day.

Interview Questions

• Will a Java program reach the finally block if you return from the try block?   2 Answers

Internship Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA).

Interview

Online application process was easy to use and upload resume. Very quick response time for the interview. Within a day or two I was notified of being selected for the position. I interviewed for multiple spots. Everyone I spoke with was friendly courteous and professional. The interview process was more of a conversation then a formal interview. They are interested in your personality and attitude as well as your aptitude. They want to be sure you will be a good worker as well as work well in their teams.

Interview Questions

• Was more of a conversation to see if they feel you will fit in well with their team and the teams objectives. It is advisable to learn about the company and some of the current issues they may be facing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, did not want to risk it negotiating.