People’s Postcode Lottery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at People’s Postcode Lottery

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at People’s Postcode Lottery (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Shambolic.

They asked me in for an interview with a days notice, I said I couldn't make it on such short notice and was then told the role had been filled. A couple of weeks later they asked me to come in again. I got there early and then sat in reception for ages as the people supposed to be interviewing me were about 15 minutes late.

The first half of the interview was just them talking at me about the company with little chance for discussion. By the time they started asking me questions, it was clear they hadn't really read my CV as they asked a string of questions about whether I'd used a certain bit of software and I had to just keep saying 'no'.

Thankfully I wasn't offered the role.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any question interesting or worthwhile enough to comment on tbh.   Answer Question

Feb 19, 2018 – People's Postcode Lottery

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the recruitment and interview processes at People’s Postcode Lottery. We do view the interview process as an opportunity to talk candidates... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at People’s Postcode Lottery (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two stages: an initial phone interview, followed by a group interview at the People's Postcode Lottery office on Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. The former lasted half an hour, whilst the latter lasted an hour and a half. Two software development team leads were present in both interviews, and a member of HR attended the group interview. The full process from application deadline until hearing the final outcome lasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you hold any experience with PostgreSQL in both querying data and administrative tasks?   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2018 – People's Postcode Lottery

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found the interview experience to be positive.

Thanks,

Craig Syme, development manager

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at People’s Postcode Lottery (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

About an hour in length, competency based. There was a mixture of skills related questions and more quick-fire fun questions at the end.

I had to really think about some of the questions and I was interviewed by two people. I felt at ease though and it wasn't as nerve-wracking as I had expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time a fellow colleague put their trust in you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at People’s Postcode Lottery (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Simple. 3 Stages to go through. A listening test, Mock call and a final one to one interview with one of the managers. The listening test involved watching an advert and answering questions about the advert shown. The mock call is self explanatory and the final interview was them finding out more about you.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you received good customer service.   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2019 – People's Postcode Lottery

Thanks for taking the time to post that you had a positive experience during the interview process and I wish you all the best for the future.

Cheers,

Paul MacEachen, joint head of customer... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at People’s Postcode Lottery.

Interview

The interview consists of random questions which are in no way linked to the job role. I am sure the interview was conducted by someone new to the role

I applied online one Tuesday had a response by the Thursday for a job interview on the Monday. Offered the job on the Wednesday and started two weeks later

Interview Questions

People’s Postcode Lottery Response

Feb 19, 2018 – People's Postcode Lottery

Thanks for sharing your experience of the interview process at People’s Postcode Lottery. We view the interview process as an opportunity to talk candidates through what we do, what it’s like to work... More