People's United Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

People's United Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

Basic professional questions
    I was interviewed by the branch manager and the market sales manager
    The branch manager interviewed me alone
    The Market Manager did as well but he explain the role i applied for in more detal

Interview Questions

• What is the Slogan for the Company?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williston, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Williston, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended job fair and met hiring manager there. Applied for position the next day and received interview for the following week. Very relaxed conversational interview. Very engaging folks reflecting a positive work environment.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at People's United Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the job though a referral. I first sent my resume to a friend. A couple days later, I got a phone interview...It took about a month to get hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

Phone interview that seemed like a screening followed a week later by an in person interview with the program manager and assistant manager. Comfortable setting in large conference room. The interview lasted roughly 45 minutes to an hour long.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview first, then I drove from CT to VT for face to face. Generic interview questions. The entire process took about three weeks. It seemed like a decision was already made, but they just needed to continue to go through the motions.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Holyoke, MA).

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiters and managers at the branch level. It was a different experience. All of the managers had a very low morale. The district manager had no interpersonal skills at all.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

They were very efficient in scheduling, and very professional. I had two thorough interviews in a single event with good people. The second person was called in ad hoc. They seem to have a great process there. I found them to be much more industry current than I had expected. I got the impression that their salaries were a bit low, but that it was a very good place to work and that they were up on technology and process.

Interview Questions

• What types of tasks did my job involve? What did I see as my greatest challenges? What was our process like? What range of salary am I seeking and was I firm on it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Simsbury, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had interview with a manager from a different branch than the one I would be working. He was very nice and it was a fairly laid back yet professional interview. We mainly talking about personal interest and career goals. They do stress the opportunity to grow in their company. All in all the interview process is super easy and very comfortable. not too intense.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?
      Q: what are you looking for in an employer?
      Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with who would be my immediate manager as well as the Market Manager for the City of Boston. Both of them were extremely professional and my manager eventually became my mentor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Then a supervisor of the call center called me for a quick phone interview. After a couple days, I was invited in for one an in person interview with two supervisors and the department manager. After another few days, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual strengths, weaknesses, tell me about yourself, describe a situation where..., etc   Answer Question