PeopleReady Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.0

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Woodinville, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website using a link from my local unemployment offices job list. Two days later I got an email saying they liked my resume and wanted to set up a phone interview. Got the first one set up at 11 am for two days later. I sat and waited and got no phone call, 12:45 I called the number that was in the email and left a message. Got an email later that day with an apology and to reschedule the interview for the following day at 10:30 am. At 11:12 I finally got the call and they apologized, stating that the alert didn't pop up to call me. It didn't sound like they knew what they were doing. I asked some questions about what the job schedule was like and after the question was answered, I was placed on hold.

When told about the job duties, I was told I would be on call when not working my shift. The part about being on call had not been on the listing when I applied or I wouldn't have applied. It also didn't make sense to have a CSR on call and when asked about it, I was given different answers that all sounded like they don't want to take the time to properly staff the company.

When I was asked if I understood what the job duties were, I told them that I wasn't. I was then told to read the job listing and research the company and if I was still wanting the job to email them and reschedule another interview.

Interview Questions

I will not be working for them and have sent an email stating that it was because of poor interviewing and not properly listing job duties in the job listing I applied for.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Tacoma, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone, then an informal in-person interview and finally a panel interview. It was not a stressful process overall. The panel makes you quite comfortable. That said, they do make you second guess much of the way you answer questions by writing a few notes then sitting back staring at you. This part was uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is a process that you had to change to achieve the desired outcome?   Answer Question

Mechanical and Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Fullerton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Watched alot of safety and training videos that are very old. Showed up daily for first few weeks and was hardly ever sent out for work. Alot of morning the agents that worked behind counter were rude, and would only pick certain people for work whom showed up well after I did

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own steel toes, and have your own vehicle...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Des Moines, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

RepresentativeApplication online and interviewed in person 30 days later the process finished in 2 months. The online app process was full of glitches with no contact between stages or expectations.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PeopleReady in January 2011.

Interview

Lengthy, organized, well thought out. Only the best candidates were chosen. This is a professional organization that places an emphasis on culture, trust, value. Its not an interview process where you can just sneak by. Be prepared to bring value from past work experience and share with the team..you be recognized for it

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Altoona, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Intensive, there were three different people to interview with. It was a bit daunting but definitely worth it in the end. The interview was very professional at each step. You learned a lot about the company and what they are all about before giving a final decision to accept an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you did not agree with your manager, how did you handle that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Roseville, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

Production Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PeopleReady (Reno, NV) in May 2008.

Interview

A very thorough process, I started as a business analyst so they were particularly interested in my analytical skills. How I processed information, how I conducted interviews with business personnel to get the info necessary to improve things. Were my listening skills good, did I ask the right follow up questions? Did I repeat or tell my audience what I thought they were saying. Making sure I understood the problem, not just assuming I did. How I dealt with difficult or non technical personnel. How to analyze a problem, how to get to the root of it. My job deals with data and details, how I performed data integrity test, how to fix it, how I tackled a problem, That type of thing, I was impressed with the level and detail of the questioning, always a good sign for the “right” type of company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with a difficult or non performing person, how to convince someone that change was good, would help them in performing their job. How to approach a dead project, dealing with the egos of technical and extremely intelligent technical staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Concise and to the point, I had already expressed my expectation from the beginning, there were barganing chips, more vacation, PTO, bonuses.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PeopleReady in April 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PeopleReady in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile.

The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.