Pep Boys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I did a phone interview with them and it went really well. The HR woman said she would discuss with management and let me know about next steps the following week. That week went by and I didn't hear anything. I emailed the following week to check in and see if they needed anything else from me, still nothing. I finally emailed 2 weeks later and still heard nothing from the HR woman. Extremely unprofessional and ridiculous. She made it seem like an interview was happening and then fell off the face of the Earth. Still haven't even gotten an email saying the position was filled.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

My interview process was not all that involved as the supervisor had been trying to recruit me for many years. It was done over the phone. Other candidates's interviews are done in person.

Seasonal Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Had practically forgot about it when they called a month later. Didn't seem to listen to anything I had to say. I was very enthusiastic during the interview and clearly showed I would've loved to work there. I think I was immediately dismissed and he tried to cut the interview short because I'm fresh out of high school and without much experience.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

There were 2 managersweet and service manager ask me very short questions and it was over in 5 minutes. I've called the Manger over at admiral6@memorial store he says he knew nothing of my application. I was told I would here something the next day haven't heard anything. Called the manager of the memorial store further south said he would get back with me that evening, hwang wouldn't leave me hanging but did.

Interview Questions

• How long had it been doing this, was there any snags on my license.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys in June 2016.

Interview

Just asked very simple and basic questions. I had a feeling they really needed a new worker so they got me started immediately. They gave me a brief tour of the building. They didn't seem to care that I had minimal knowledge of cars while everyone working there was very experienced.

Automotive Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trotwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Trotwood, OH).

Interview

It was very laid back. They asked a lot of questions about my experience and why I wanted to work for their company and specifically their location. I ended up meeting all of the store's management team that interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own tools, toolbox with key, etc. The Service Manager was very helpful when I first interviewed he gave me a walk through of the shop and told me to ask some of the guys out there if I needed anything they thought was a necessity. He didn't want me to go $30k in debt with snapon when it wasn't needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied for one position and they asked me what I wanted to do. They started me at an above average pay rate and had multiple benefits to add into the employment phase

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Streamwood, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview is with a store manager. pretty much a 30minute interview with general questions about cars. Then, they ask about your availability. If you fit the qualifications, then you are offered a second interview which consist of a scheduled drug test in a certain location then once that comes back you can get started with work.

Interview Questions

• What are your availabilities   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later. The interview was just 10 minutes long and very easy. Now i just have to wait on a call which i hope i get.

Interview Questions

• They asked if your open and how can you communicate with people   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Greensburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked if i knew how to work on cars said they have flexable hours so i can start college and have time to be with my 2 daughters but lied give me 10-8 shifts 5 days a week making 530 every 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to advance your career   1 Answer

Automotive Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Grand Prairie, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was casual. The on boarding process was less desirable. 3 weeks in and was still waiting on the results of a background check. There is a drug test and a back ground check for any position with Pep Boys. Keep that in mind. Also if you are eager to start quickly don't count on it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here at Pep Boys?   1 Answer

The on boarding process was ridiculous. The hiring manager hand were tired waiting on corporate to get it together. I ended up accepting another offer somewhere else due to the lengthy process. This process does not take 3 weeks. Stores are loosing out on great new hires.