Pep Boys Mechanic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pep Boys Mechanic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was fast, pep boys called me within 2 days of apply. the manager literally gave me the job and only asked a few questions. the hiring process took almost 2 weeks though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pep Boys

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview with bothe the Shop Foreman and Store Manager. I was asked to tell about myself and background, my experience in the trade, asked a few different scenarios, and what I would do to fix the issue or what I thought the problem could be.

Interview Questions

• If I had my own box and a basic set of mechanics tools. If I knew how to use a code scanner and retrieve codes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Roswell, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I set up the interview through the Regional HR Manager. I interviewed at a location closer to where I lived first but was recommended to the location I ended up working at because they were able to make me a better offer.

Interview Questions

• How much mechanical experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in he asked about my experience and if I had tools and told me I would need to do another interview with someone higher up and their master tech. I was in there for a total of 5 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an average interview. I thought is was going to be hard. I consider other people to apply and hope for an interview. This is a good place to get hired and learn a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

It was quick, very simple questions easy to understand. They asked very obvious questions and where very understanding about where you came from. They did not hire me because of the fact that I didnt have a Green Card or a work permit but it seems like a very suitable place to work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have on cars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

My boss asked me question to see how well of a technician I would be if he hired me. How much experience I had. How is my work ethic, do I come in on time or am I late. previous job history.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Bedford, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

i went to talk to the service manager 8 times trying to get my paperwork completed to start my job. he knew i was coming to complete this action but would still leave early and i would waste my fuel getting there and back home. ( i worked at a dealership in south arlington, this job is in bedford on 121 and harwood. i would drive straight there after work to turn around and go home to arlington again with no accomplishments)

Interview Questions

• he asked what took me so long to get in to see him for the interview....   2 Answers

Negotiation

he told me what i would be making and left