Pepco Holdings IT Intern IV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

Their interview process is usually a phone screening, then an in person or skype interview depending on your location. Mine was skype since I was in Texas, but while I was working there, Some of the DBA who got hire after me that were living very in DC and Maryland came for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to talk about my self   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pepco Holdings

Technical Drafter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings in August 2016.

Interview

Pre-employment testing is required to determine eligibility for a viable fit in the organization. Interview involved STAR situational performance questions. Almost mentally exhausted by the end. Hard to determine if I would be a good fit with the company- very slanted toward situational questions not expectations

Another offer preceded

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings in January 2016.

Interview

Seemed like a fast moving process but they knew what they wanted and kept everything swiftly moving. They also made sure I knew every upcoming step and how everything would be processed.

Applied on Indeed.com - 12/26/15
    Requested to Schedule Test- 12/30/15
    Test - 1/7/16
    In Person Interview- 1/14/16
    Offer- 1/19/16

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time working with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Engineer I/Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Rockville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week, I was invited do a phone interview. By the end of the phone interview, I was offered to move on to the next stage of the interview process, which was called a structured interview. I was given several possible interview times to choose from. Two weeks after the structured interview, I was informed that I was not chosen for the position.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 rounds
    Phone call with HR.Was asked questions about how I met the Job desc. Round 2: Hiring manager.Hiring manager asked about past work experience and why I felt past work experience made me a fit for this job. Round 3: Structured Interview: 4 interviewers, 2 hrs long.As advised answered questions in the STAR format. S/T-Situation/Task; A-actions taken; R-Result/lessons learnt Surprisingly non technical for an engineering role. Took 4-5 weeks to get back with the good news.

Interview Questions

• Your greatest weakness and what you have done to address it   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred to this position. I then had a phone interview and set up a following 1 on 1 interview. I went through two interviews with two different interviewers before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in working at Pepco?; what experiences have I had to prepare for this role?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Ithaca, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to join a conference call, but somehow did not get the access code. They went ahead and just gave me a phone interview for the same time slot with a panel of 3 people on the other end. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. They give you a lot of time to just sit and think after asking each question, so there was no real pressure to think on the spot. All questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced conflict working in a team and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

The interview is highly structured. There is a youtube video and paperwork they want you to go over first. All interviews seem to go over the same paperwork and they ask that you don't share questions outside the interview. They I can tell you is that it seems they are looking for you to say key words and phrases in your responses and they seem to jot down notes when you say these key phrases. Talking more and better than talking less. They are OK with you repeating stories if you add details and change the emphasis to match their questions.

Interviews are at least two hours and very difficult.

Interview Questions

• They asked me not to share questions outside of the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was successful although I did have to beat around the bush a little bit to gain ground.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Forestville, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process included a panel of three different call center supervisors. It was a 2-3 hour interview. The interview questions will be based off of your previous work experience. Each manager will take turns asking you a question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were not have the best day but had to come to work and provide excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

Initial Screening interview over the phone, in person interview at Pepco HQ. It lasted about 40 minutes, and standard questions were asked and more detailed information on the position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a challenging situation and what you did to address it.   Answer Question