Pepperdine University Interactive Content Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pepperdine University Interactive Content Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Pepperdine University

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interactive Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

As you might expect from such a religious school, everyone involved in the hiring process is very polite and mild-mannered. While the job was posted online, they were looking for someone who was sent their way via referrals (no surprise there, really). It is very important to show in both your cover letter and resume that you are OK with the religious mission of the university. Make sure that all your materials (resume, cover letter, work samples) are absolutely free of spelling and grammar mistakes. The interview process is three stage - first, an individual phone call with the head of interactive, then a conference call with everyone on the team, and finally, an in-person interview on the campus. The conference call is the most challenging part of the process, as there are a lot of people in the room, and each one has their own personal agenda. It can be difficult to figure out who is asking what, and why, but the best thing you can do is to try to be diplomatic if someone starts asking questions that seem more like barbs aimed at other people in the room (or past mistakes that you are not aware of).

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help us fulfill the mission of the school by improving our website?   1 Answer