Pepperidge Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Brooklyn Park, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical interview using STAR. The interviewers told me that they were making a decision in 2-3 weeks. When I had other offers on the table and contacted them with my continued interest they told me they had made an offer the previous week but never contacted me to let me know. Very sad

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Denver, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen by hr manager from Denver pa facility. Overall the vibe on the call was not very friendly and felt like they we're going through the motions.

Didn't feel valued on the interview which is bad way to start a relationship since the interview is typically the best it's gonna get

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Willard, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

No phone interview. Just had an on site interview. Arrived 10 minutes before my scheduled interview time but was made to wait in the lobby for another 30 minutes. Wasn't handed paperwork to fill out at the beginning. The whole interview process was a mess. Everyone had a schedule of who I was to meet and interview with, except for me. Disorganized and HR picked my resume apart...if you didn't think I was qualified then don't waste my time by bringing me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• So when did you graduate from high school? (HR tried very hard to figure out how old I am.)   Answer Question

Zone Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview with hiring manager. Was asked to come in for in person interview with 2 folks. Pretty standard interview questions. Final interview with region Vice President. The overall process was condensed and simplified which is a plus. They were open with communication and how the process would go.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions pertaining to your experiences   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online and was contacted within 3 weeks. The initial call from the recruiter was brief and not friendly but cordial. The recruiter made it clear it was a "screening" call. I heard back pretty much within the time promised. The next round was a conference call with the hiring managers which was very pleasant and easygoing. It took a little too long to hear back afterwards, almost 1 month (although they advised the delay was due to it being the end of their fiscal year, which is understandable). The 3rd round on-site interviews were pleasant and they have a very nice facility in a scenic neighborhood. It was all together 4.5 hours with four different people. They offered to pay for lunch. 3 out of the 4 interviewers were friendly and informative and the attitude was laid back and casual. The senior manager was more businesslike and asked the classic HR questions like "Describe your most difficult challenge and how you overcame it", etc. Overall it was a pleasant experience, however I will note that several of the phone interviews, and the on-site interview had to be re-scheduled at least once, which delayed the whole process and made me question their continued interest in hiring me. I feel that is unprofessional. Also, they offered to pay for my travel and food expenses and I submitted an expense report, but 2 months later they still haven't sent me a check.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was on campus with a regional sales manager. The questions were basic and what you would expect. This was a very competitive spot. I enjoyed the interview process, but knew it would be tough because so many people were vying for one spot.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager discussing my background, qualifications, the role and the company. Followed the next week by in person interviews with the hiring manager and 2 additional team members in a one day, 3 hour process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions for the role. Most unexpected (and, in my opinion, most inappropriate) questions "What did your father do for a living?" followed by "and what about mom?"   2 Answers

Sales and Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

I applied through my colleges recruiting site by submitted my resume and then got a notification that I received an interview. I picked my interview spot and then just waited for the day to come. I had to dress business professional. I walked into the room and he handed me a bag of assorted Goldfish and Milano cookies. From there he just asked me about 5 or 6 questions and that was it!

DSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

very professional process. Pleased with the interviewers and their questions. Basic interview questions. After they asked me questions, they allowed me to ask questions and they spent awhile answering my questions which certainly was appreciative. Great process, hope to hear from them regarding the DSM position.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected but the question, tell me about the time and how you handled an irate customer. Situation, action, and result.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Stamford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard cpg marketing interview questions. Came in for a LONG panel interview day. Met with 7 people for an hour each. Spoke with the a range of people: new products, category managers, brand managers, brand directors, and people currently at the associate level. Overall it was a positive experience, however one director was condescending regarding my choice of business school and due to the fact that I did not have "traditional" (ie kraft, p&g, etc.) cpg experience. In the end they said I was not selected because I did not have product commercialization experience and they had no interest in training me. I suppose they could have saved the $3K they spent on my travel and accommodation (not to mention our time), by simply reading my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you commercialized a product.   Answer Question