Pepperidge Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2016

2.7

Temp Bakery Helper In Cookies Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adamstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Adamstown, PA).

Interview

Short, mostly asked questions about previous manufacturer positions and about personality questions. Took less than 30 min. to do the whole interview. From what I know you most likely need to know someone who already works there to get in. It's rare to be considered there unless you know someone from the inside.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Current employees came to my school for an info session and later collected resumes. I got an email later that night to schedule an on campus interview. The questions asked were standard: tell me about yourself, pros/cons, see if I knew anything about the company and their products, behavioral/technical questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Two step interview process: if you are selected for the first one it is with the district sales manger. From there you must be selected for the second interview with the district and regional sales managers. My first interview was almost two hours long my second was an hour long, they were very relaxed and more like conversations than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Your average questions they have a list of about 45 they pick from: what are your strengths and weakness, what is a challenge you have overcome, what would your friends say about you.   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Willard, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

No phone interview. Just had an on site interview. Arrived 10 minutes before my scheduled interview time but was made to wait in the lobby for another 30 minutes. Wasn't handed paperwork to fill out at the beginning. The whole interview process was a mess. Everyone had a schedule of who I was to meet and interview with, except for me. Disorganized and HR picked my resume apart...if you didn't think I was qualified then don't waste my time by bringing me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• So when did you graduate from high school? (HR tried very hard to figure out how old I am.)   Answer Question

Zone Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview with hiring manager. Was asked to come in for in person interview with 2 folks. Pretty standard interview questions. Final interview with region Vice President. The overall process was condensed and simplified which is a plus. They were open with communication and how the process would go.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions pertaining to your experiences   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online and was contacted within 3 weeks. The initial call from the recruiter was brief and not friendly but cordial. The recruiter made it clear it was a "screening" call. I heard back pretty much within the time promised. The next round was a conference call with the hiring managers which was very pleasant and easygoing. It took a little too long to hear back afterwards, almost 1 month (although they advised the delay was due to it being the end of their fiscal year, which is understandable). The 3rd round on-site interviews were pleasant and they have a very nice facility in a scenic neighborhood. It was all together 4.5 hours with four different people. They offered to pay for lunch. 3 out of the 4 interviewers were friendly and informative and the attitude was laid back and casual. The senior manager was more businesslike and asked the classic HR questions like "Describe your most difficult challenge and how you overcame it", etc. Overall it was a pleasant experience, however I will note that several of the phone interviews, and the on-site interview had to be re-scheduled at least once, which delayed the whole process and made me question their continued interest in hiring me. I feel that is unprofessional. Also, they offered to pay for my travel and food expenses and I submitted an expense report, but 2 months later they still haven't sent me a check.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Houston, TX).

Interview

Descent interview, nothing out of the ordinary. Looking back now on the interview some red flags I missed. The management is about the management. Not a team environment. Every man for themselves. What have you done for me lately.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience? Asked about customer client relationship.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, full day session of interviewing with several plant management staff members. Phone interviews conducted for first round with plant controller and corporate finance vp, more conversational. 1:1 interviews were more formal, with managers asking suggested questions from a predetermined list. Worked with recruiter to negotiate acceptance/offer.

Interview Questions

• what was a project or assignment you completed that made a substantial impact for the company or your team?   Answer Question

Route Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting with 3 Pepperidge Farm employees. Very laid back enjoyable conversational interview. Was given Goldfish and Milan cookies after. Had one interview and was passed to the next round where I went on a ride along with the manager to get a better feel for the job. Total interview process was quick, about 10 days.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pepperidge Farm (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was on campus with a regional sales manager. The questions were basic and what you would expect. This was a very competitive spot. I enjoyed the interview process, but knew it would be tough because so many people were vying for one spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge and how you dealt and overcame it?   Answer Question