PepsiCo Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First: Phone screen with HR
    Second: Phone screen with hiring manager
    In person all day interview with hiring manager, executive and 2 cross functional team members, lunch with current Associate Marketing Manager.
    A straightforward process without much trouble.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite PepsiCo brand?   1 Answer

Customer Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Pepsi's recruiter, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview (back to back 30 minutes for each group)with 3 teams made up of two supervisors in each group.

Interview Questions

• All questions for in person interview where STAR (behavioral) type of interview question. Phone interview was more asking about my past and stuff like that.   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Carol Stream, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well, I had a quick screening interview with one district manager & then a 2 person panel interview with 2 other district managers. Interview was really relaxed & laid back, I just acted myself, I told them about how I have provided great service to my customer's. As soon as i left building to get in my car I was contacted by yet another manager saying I passed both interviews & will be moving forward with the next step which is riding along with another RSR for job shadowing. I finished that on Sat 11/12/16, Ride along went great & now I'm just waiting for back round test to be done as the 3rd party company who does it for them can be a pita to work with. I look forward to being called back with an offer & job start date!!

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, on campus interview with a leader in training and recruiter, very standard. After that interviewed in Chicago and toured facilities & market. Realized I had no desire in stocking shelves in supermarkets.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you will be successful managing people older than you with experience?   Answer Question

Financial Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

One very basic behavioral phone interview. Then received in-person behavioral interview. Met with two managers. Interview lasted for approximately one hour. Received an offer about a week after in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this experience. What are strengths / weaknesses?   Answer Question

Part-time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

2 interviewers/ It was a very structured interview. They asked about twelve scenario type questions. They also asked how my current job could relate to this position. It was a fairly difficult interview that lasted about thirty minutes. Three days later, I got a letter that they selected a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter firm. Asked for my references. Also you have to submit your last 4 digits of SS# which I thought was strange but I only did so after conducting some research and securing the interview. I was invited on the interview the next day they received my resume, also they asked how many hours I would prefer to take before the interview takes place. I took 48 hours to accept and prepare. The interview process was easy., lasted about an hour with two managers. Everyone was very courteous, nice and polite, however, they make you feel immediately if you are welcomed "liked" or not. During the interview they wanted to know:

- Why would I choose this company over the competition,
    - Why would I want to be in this particular position
    - What do I know about the company
    - What questions do I have for them regarding company, position, etc., (make sure you have plenty questions to ask about).

I wasn't asked any behavioral questions, besides just my experience and how it is related to the current job offering. I'm from Chicago, so I know they are the official sponsors of Chicago Cubs, so just try to research little things to impress them. This position didn't work out for me because I was "overqualified", as I was told, and it would had been a step down (which it would had been but the opportunity sounded tempting), and I think, I failed to explain why would I be ok with taking a little step down in my career. From my experience you either fit in their culture or you just don't.

Interview Questions

• - Why would I choose this company over the competition
      - Why would I want to be in this particular position amongst others
      - Why would you want to be in this department
      - What do I know about the company
      - What questions do I have for us
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone first. Then scheduled for 4 face-to-face meetings. Had 1 more follow-up phone interview. Process took over 2 months as they continued to delay a decision date. The interview itself was pretty straight forward: mainly behavioral-based, get-to-know questions followed by a few case study type questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the CPG industry? Why PepsiCo?   Answer Question
    • Take a look at this pricing model & explain if we should go through with a price change on this product.   Answer Question

Frito-Lay Sales Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online with just a resume. Received an email that I will have a 30 minute in-person interview with someone from HR on campus. Before that had to complete an online 60 minute assessment. The initial interview was easy, just talked to the recruiter about previous jobs and why Frito. Then was moved on to the final round in Chicago. 2 days long, one day of job-shadowing and another day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Recently, in the last 3 months or so, can you name a time you did something (professionally or academically) that was very good, and one thing that was not good?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two PepsiCo recruiters on my college campus after applying online. After about a week and a half, I was then asked to fly to Chicago for a final round interview. There were 7 applicants applying for 3 open positions and the final round interview consisted of a resume review, case study presentation, and three personal interviews with 2 interviewers in each. The case study was a group case and was not unlike cases I had completed in my logistics courses. Everyone there was very friendly and welcoming and I am sure that it is a wonderful place to work. I ended up declining the offer, which came less than 48 hours after I had left the final interview, for another offer that had better starting location options. Interview questions all based on the phrase "tell me about a time..." so think of your behavior in past situations and be able to paint the whole picture of your abilities and decision making process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a difficult challenge or set a difficult goal for yourself. How did you reach your goal and what were the results?   Answer Question

I decided that this position was not what I desired to do with my business degree and I accepted a position with a smaller company whose starting location was better suited to my preferences. PepsiCo was a great option and I would recommend this position to any logistics, supply chain, or other recent business graduates.