PepsiCo District Sales Leader Designate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo District Sales Leader Designate Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly lengthy with six individual interviews. Each interviewer was personable and easy to speak with though. They were professional and asked questions that were both specific to the job posting as well as easily relatable to a wide variety of experiences. Each interviewer was also helpful in answering any questions I had relating to the job, company or culture. I received, what I felt was, honest and open feedback regarding the position. They didn't oversell the position nor did they sugar coat the expectations. I felt safe in asking real questions and ultimately interviewing the interviewer to ensure it was a good fit for both of us.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2016.

Interview

The process took nearly 3 months and consisted of 4 phone interviews, 1 face to face interview, an online personality assessment, and a 11 hour Route Ride with a local Route Sales Rep. The first 3 phone interviews were with HR, Talent Acquisition and one other role. The face to face interview was with the Zone Sales Director. Lastly, the final phone interview was with the Sr. Sales Director. After a while of the same questions it becomes easy and feels more relaxed. Lengthy but positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you could use a time machine to take back one decision that you made what would it be?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I applied online through the careerlink website at my college. I was immediately called in for an interview a few days after.

1st Interview - Basic behavioral questions. It's a preliminary to see whether you move onto the HR interviews

2nd Interview - Group interview with 2 interviewers. More detail questions about previous work history and how it relates to the current position you're applying for. Some behavioral questions.

HR online Assessment - About an hour long

Once you've passed the assessment you have another interview with the HR Director.

3rd Interview - HR Director - Wants to know your background, extra curricular activities that you participated in school that may get you ready for the position you're applying for. Where did you grow up? What clubs were you in? I believe the purpose of this interview is to get a better understanding of who you are.

4th Interview - With the head honcho who'll make the final decision on whether you're a good fit for the company. Asks questions/examples of previous work history.

If you made it through all the interviews and are job offered, you, then, must submit a drug test and physical.

Interview Questions

• Whether a positive or negative outcome, tell me about a coaching experience in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

You need to stay on top of hiring process, you drive the process. This process took months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of a bad customer relationship and how you turned around outcome?   Answer Question
    • Will ask your strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

An employee referred me for the position. I then e-mailed my cover letter and resume to the Regional HR Manager, who then set me up for a phone interview.

1st Interview

Phone Interview with HR Recruiter: Basic interview, lasted about 40 Minutes.

Tell me about yourself... What's your strongest weakness? Why Frito Lay? Why would you be a good fit?

Passed phone interview.

2nd Interview:

At future Distribution Center with my future boss (Zone Sales Leader), and another individual. Same type of questions

Passed second interview.

3rd Interview:

Panel interview up at the Regional Headquarters.

Interview was with the HR Director, Finance Manager, Key Account Manager, Zone Sales Leader

Passed Third Interview

They also have candidates do a ride along with an RSR (Truck Driver/Salesman) to make sure you can handle it. This is what you will do for the first 6 months and up to a year. I took the District Sales Leader position, but left for a better opportunity after 1 year of employment with Frito Lay. It was not the right fit for me.

I would strongly encourage candidates to make sure they want the position before taking it. This saves you and the company invested time, and money.

HR Recruiter will guide you through the entire interview process, and be in constant communication with you. It was swift, and very organized.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty easy...Just be prepared. Glassdoor.com has most of the questions that would be asked.

Example:

Why would you be the ideal candidate for the position?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Interview

Hey, I interviewed for a Dsl position not this past monday but the previous one. How long does the process take? They said they would be making decisions towards the end of that week on who would go on but i have not recieved a rejection letter or a call either way. I would think after this time they would have notified the people either way on their status.

Interview Questions

• They really like to hear about Leadership, Execution, Communication, and Retail Store Operations.   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Designate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was through a friend who worked for the company. He passed my résumé to the Regional HR Director. I received a call from a HR representative a few weeks later. We had one phone interview. I then was directed to take an online test. They then flew me out for a series of face to face interviews. I was immediately impressed with the culture and people who worked there. Sold me on the company and career opportunities. After a week or so I was called about setting up a ride along with a local route salesman as it is a mandatory training step. And then within a week was called with a job offer. The total process took 3 months or so.

Interview Questions

• Frito Lay uses a structured interview process. All questions are predetermined and given to the hiring managers. The question is asked and the answer needs to be in the form of a situation, the action that took place, and then the result. Some of the possible subjects are teamwork, problem solving, giving feedback or coaching, selling, ect.   Answer Question