PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Orange, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submit Cover Letter and Resume on the Pepsico site, then if chosen you are asked to complete an hour long online assessment within 5 days. If you pass the assessment, then HR reaches out to you via email to set up a phone interview
    1st Step: 30 min phone interview with HR Manager ( ask you about your resume, leadership experience, why frito lay and etc) if chosen beyond this point, you find out within 5 to 7 days
    2nd Step: Route Ride along with a sales representative to see what they do, and then an interview with a district sales leader and the zone sales leader
    ( if you pass this stage you find out via email within a day or so)
    3rd and final step are back to back interviews with 2 members of frito lay's regions business team (HR Director, Sr Sales Director and etc)

If you pass all steps, then they make you a conditional offer ( mine was the very next day) via phone call and email. THEN, after you pass an extensive background check, mvr/hair follicle/and physical test, they contact with your orientation date.

This was a LONG PROCESS ( 2+ Months)

Interview Questions

• All questions asked are already on INDEED. They want to know all your leadership skills and capabilities. They want to be impressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Initially met recruiter at college career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview. Pretty basic interview here, mainly went over my resume with a few behavioral questions towards the end. Was invited to a second interview with zone leaders (don't remember exact title?) and ride-along with a route sales representative. Rode in a delivery truck with a seasoned sales rep; showed me the ins and outs of their daily route ride and helped prepare me for my interview the following day. The 40 minute interview briefly went over my resume then behavioral and situational questions after that. I personally thought I did great in all aspects of the interview but was not advanced to the final round. Recruiter told me he thought I was a top candidate and was shocked when I didn't make it though and had no explanation for me. All Pepsi did was talk about how diverse of a company they were and I honestly believe, after seeing who advanced, that was the reason I did not make it to the next round. No hard feelings though, there's a place out there for everyone but Frito Lay is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one goal that you did accomplish and how? Then tell me a goal you did not meet and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sioux Falls, SD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long.

Posted my resume to Pepsico and was contacted within a week for the phone screen. One week later went on RSR ride a long to learn that aspect of the job. Second phone interview followed the RSR ride and a scheduled ride with a DSL was scheduled this is as much an illumination of what you responsabilities as a DSL will be as it is a third interview. A third phone interview was conducted the next day as well as scheduling a face to face interview with the Zone Leader the following month. After the interview with the Zone Leader I was scheduled s phone interview with the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing. One week later I was tendered a job offer contingent with passing the background check and drug test.

The questions asked are normal for this level of management. How do you organize your day. How well do you think you will fit in the culture. Describe a difficult situation you were in and your resolution. How would you handle a problem employee. In answering the questions I used an iron man argumentative approach. In some cases I didn't really answer the question asked as much as direct the conversation where I wanted it to ho - the mark of a true salesman...

Advice, be yourself, be honest, be awesome!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have faced as a salesman and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated mid range salary. Salary is 52,000 - 87,000 DOE. Negotiated full relocation package and area of operation.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is a behavioral question style interview. Questions included "Give a specific example of a time when you set a goal and were able to achieve it" and "Tell me about a time you delegated a project successfully" and "Describe a time when you had to make a decision that was not popular"

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker"   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

Upcoming college graduates applying for this position--unless you have an extremely impressive resume, it's not worth the shot. However, it was a good experience but a VERY LONG process and in my opinion, not worth.

First Interview: An HR recruiter immediately contacted me and we had a very easy phone interview.

Next Step: I had to complete a tedious assessment test online. If your results came out good, you made it to the second interview.

Second Interview: Had a conference call with two HR reps and they asked me a ton of questions about my leadership. They seemed more interested in my leadership skills than my sales experience. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself.

Third Interview: Put me up in a hotel and flew me in for my third interview. I met with an RSR and went out on a route at 5:30am. Then met up with DSL leaders and had the opportunity to ask them questions. Then I had an interview with the Zone Sales Leader.

Final Interview: Video conference with the Regional VP. After the long process they had strung me along as if I would get the job. But when I spoke with the Regional VP he was unimpressed that I had no internships. The interview pretty much ended after he asked me about internships. Then he told me there were several other candidates they are looking at and he would get back to me. It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard from them. I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward. Nothing surprising. They asked a lot about conflicts you've had in the workplace and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Portland, OR).

Interview

Tough to get in, but stick with it jump through all the hoops. District sales leader is a tough job but a necessary stepping stone to get into a better position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services. I had a first interview on campus with HR and another manager. I then went on a route ride along and had a second interview on campus with a zone sales leader. I then went to Birmingham for a third interview with several directors. They took me to dinner, put me in a hotel and payed for everything. I ended up not being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were leading a team and someone wasn't doing their part. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

University of Arizona and Arizona State grads were recruited for this position. If initial interest is taken then you are invited to a lunch/dinner with other candidates where the process is explained in fine detail (seems a lot more personable then an information session). After the dinner, and if still interested, candidate applies and then has their first interview within 2 weeks which is a face to face interview lasting an hour. If successful, the 2nd and 3rd interview take place the same day with HR and with senior level management. Upon review and if you are deemed to be a fit to culture and the position they will get you an offer. They expect you to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week for a flat salary of $52k. If one does the math it seems as if they are better off working for another company at an hourly rate equating to $30k a year only because with the 10-20 hours of overtime you can achieve the same financial compensation. However, if one realizes that the company, its people, and the opportunities are viewed as equivocal factors to income, then its a win-win situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a deadline that wasn't realistic, what did you do, and what was the end result   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as the set salary for campus recruits was set at a solid $52

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of three 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from different parts of the company. They all asked the same type of questions based on leadership, motivating people, and situation, action, result scenarios. I stayed consistent with my outlook on leadership and used different examples for each person. I also did not wear a tie and this worked perfectly because they were all dressed more business casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

I did want to work in North Carolina.