PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Orange, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submit Cover Letter and Resume on the Pepsico site, then if chosen you are asked to complete an hour long online assessment within 5 days. If you pass the assessment, then HR reaches out to you via email to set up a phone interview
1st Step: 30 min phone interview with HR Manager ( ask you about your resume, leadership experience, why frito lay and etc) if chosen beyond this point, you find out within 5 to 7 days
2nd Step: Route Ride along with a sales representative to see what they do, and then an interview with a district sales leader and the zone sales leader
( if you pass this stage you find out via email within a day or so)
3rd and final step are back to back interviews with 2 members of frito lay's regions business team (HR Director, Sr Sales Director and etc)

If you pass all steps, then they make you a conditional offer ( mine was the very next day) via phone call and email. THEN, after you pass an extensive background check, mvr/hair follicle/and physical test, they contact with your orientation date.

This was a LONG PROCESS ( 2+ Months)

Interview Questions

• All questions asked are already on INDEED. They want to know all your leadership skills and capabilities. They want to be impressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews that wanted situation, action, result answers which is what most companies look for. A lot of behavioral questions to get a fill for the type of person you are and if you,are a successful and positive leader.

District Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Great interview process, the persons interviewing are very friendly and care a lot about each candidate. The process was great. There are a series of interviews with different people. Two persons in each interview and multiple interviews back to back. The process was very competitive with the other candidates as well. overall a great experience with great feedback and a great interview.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Three stages to the hiring process. First is an initial interview with simple basic questions. Then if you move on, you do a ride-along with a truck driver in the area, where you are evaluated based on your attitude and interest level. Then finally, I was called up for a final interview and it consisted of a 2 day even with lots of networking opportunities and 3 interviews, each with 2 people in the room.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Pretty lengthy and detailed interview process. The first interview was a behavioral interview with HR. Once I passed that, I was given a assessment online with situational questions (from a management perspective). After passing that I was contacted by HR to schedule a Hiring Conference in Portland. The Hiring conference was two days, one day consisting of meeting and taking a tour of the Frito Lay plant. The next day consisted of 3 separate 45min interviews. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding positions in leadership and what you did to become successful. They want to know your thought process as well as the outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a generous starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Detroit, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

applied through a college career fair
    it was followed up by a phone interview
    then the final interview was two interviews with different managers and people who are in the same position you are interviewing for
    we got a tour of the DC and learned about different parts of the company

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Initially met recruiter at college career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview. Pretty basic interview here, mainly went over my resume with a few behavioral questions towards the end. Was invited to a second interview with zone leaders (don't remember exact title?) and ride-along with a route sales representative. Rode in a delivery truck with a seasoned sales rep; showed me the ins and outs of their daily route ride and helped prepare me for my interview the following day. The 40 minute interview briefly went over my resume then behavioral and situational questions after that. I personally thought I did great in all aspects of the interview but was not advanced to the final round. Recruiter told me he thought I was a top candidate and was shocked when I didn't make it though and had no explanation for me. All Pepsi did was talk about how diverse of a company they were and I honestly believe, after seeing who advanced, that was the reason I did not make it to the next round. No hard feelings though, there's a place out there for everyone but Frito Lay is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one goal that you did accomplish and how? Then tell me a goal you did not meet and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sioux Falls, SD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long.

Posted my resume to Pepsico and was contacted within a week for the phone screen. One week later went on RSR ride a long to learn that aspect of the job. Second phone interview followed the RSR ride and a scheduled ride with a DSL was scheduled this is as much an illumination of what you responsabilities as a DSL will be as it is a third interview. A third phone interview was conducted the next day as well as scheduling a face to face interview with the Zone Leader the following month. After the interview with the Zone Leader I was scheduled s phone interview with the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing. One week later I was tendered a job offer contingent with passing the background check and drug test.

The questions asked are normal for this level of management. How do you organize your day. How well do you think you will fit in the culture. Describe a difficult situation you were in and your resolution. How would you handle a problem employee. In answering the questions I used an iron man argumentative approach. In some cases I didn't really answer the question asked as much as direct the conversation where I wanted it to ho - the mark of a true salesman...

Advice, be yourself, be honest, be awesome!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have faced as a salesman and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated mid range salary. Salary is 52,000 - 87,000 DOE. Negotiated full relocation package and area of operation.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

Upcoming college graduates applying for this position--unless you have an extremely impressive resume, it's not worth the shot. However, it was a good experience but a VERY LONG process and in my opinion, not worth.

First Interview: An HR recruiter immediately contacted me and we had a very easy phone interview.

Next Step: I had to complete a tedious assessment test online. If your results came out good, you made it to the second interview.

Second Interview: Had a conference call with two HR reps and they asked me a ton of questions about my leadership. They seemed more interested in my leadership skills than my sales experience. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself.

Third Interview: Put me up in a hotel and flew me in for my third interview. I met with an RSR and went out on a route at 5:30am. Then met up with DSL leaders and had the opportunity to ask them questions. Then I had an interview with the Zone Sales Leader.

Final Interview: Video conference with the Regional VP. After the long process they had strung me along as if I would get the job. But when I spoke with the Regional VP he was unimpressed that I had no internships. The interview pretty much ended after he asked me about internships. Then he told me there were several other candidates they are looking at and he would get back to me. It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard from them. I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward. Nothing surprising. They asked a lot about conflicts you've had in the workplace and how you addressed them.   Answer Question