PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.3

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, on campus interview with a leader in training and recruiter, very standard. After that interviewed in Chicago and toured facilities & market. Realized I had no desire in stocking shelves in supermarkets.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you will be successful managing people older than you with experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of August and did not get a response until roughly 4 weeks later. The first part was a phone "interview" where someone from HR asks you a few questions and then tells you about the position. It was then followed up with an appointment to take an assessment test via your home computer at a later date. Upon successful completion of the test they make arrangements for you to have a ride along/site down interview. The ride along was pleasant as were the people you meet. The sit down interview is typical to any other interview where they ask you scenario "what if" or "tell me about a time" type questions. Roughly three weeks later I had to call to inquire on whether or not I was going to get an offer of which I did not; makes me a little salty. I was more than qualified if not too qualified for the position (I applied for the position knowing this but I saw it as an opportunity to get my foot in the door of a Fortune 50 company). I have no doubt that someone half my age just out of college was hired above me (probably around the same age of the person that took me on the ride along) that has the same amount of experience in life that I had just last week.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

This was an extremely lengthy process, as I believe my recruiter lost track of where exactly I was at the time, and the summer quarter being full of huge FL holidays.

I interviewed initially at a career fair in April, I just chatted for about 5 minutes with a recruiter who moved me onto my first interview the following day. I took 2 different assessments online, a leadership and sales. I'm assuming if you don't pass them to PepsiCo standards you don't move on.

I had about a 25/30 minute conversation with (I think) a regional recruiter. About three weeks later I had an interview with a Zone Sales Manager. It was about an hour and half and he was very friendly and kind and took as much time as I wanted to discuss any kind of question or concern I had.

About 2 months later (I graduated and my recruiter put me on hold during the summer) I had a route ride along with a sales rep, as well as a ride along with a district sales leader. I helped stock chips, looked at an order, walked around the store and looked for new sales opportunities and asked a ton of questions. Both of these people were very kind and encouraging and, again, very helpful.

A couple weeks later I had a final interview with a Regional Sales Manager. It was about 30 minutes and very no-pressure. She was very easy going and laid back and asked some of the same questions I'd been asked previously.

Two weeks later I was sent a job offer via the phone, and another two weeks and my formal offer finally arrived!

The process took very, very long, but I was recruited through their campus program so that could definitely have something to do with it.

PATIENCE IS KEY!!!!!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about managing a group of people who have more tenure and are older than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Fresno, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews off the bat with HR personel. Very Friendly and asks you 4-5 situational based questions "tell me about a time you led a team" etc. about a week or 2 later I began a series of in-person interviews including a ride-along with sales associate and an interview with the current position holder. after all this, there was a 2-day interview process at company headquarters in SoCal where about 20 candidates were screened. After this I met with the Central Cal Zones Leader.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage people twice your age?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    Received a call from a recruiter from Texas
    Had phone interview with recruiter from Texas
    I was setup with a Face to face with the ZSL and ZBM
    Had interview, was then setup for a route ride
    After Route ride, I was set up with a phone interview with the Region VP
     After the phone interview, I was offered the job about three days later
    Total process took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Pepsico?
      Tell me about something you sold, you were proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Start off with a phone interview with the recruiter, then moves on to a online test. Then if you pass you move onto a face to face interview with a rep from HR and another person. From there you have a face to face or phone interview with the Sales Director

Interview Questions

• Name a time when an employee of yours was not performing up to your or the companies expectations and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Carrollton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

3 step interview
    First interview
    was over the phone with HR for about 20-30 minutes, Talk about yourself, why interested in Frito Lay/ what know about it, how can impact their company positively the normal questions
    Second interview
    computer questionaire, asked behavioral and situational questions (if this were to happen while you were in charge, what would you do (multiple choice)) and personality (psychology) question (do you work best alone or with others)
    third interview
    Went to Corporation and had panel interview (2 managers and 2 HR people) make sure to have different stories for the panels to add diversity

District Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Great interview process, the persons interviewing are very friendly and care a lot about each candidate. The process was great. There are a series of interviews with different people. Two persons in each interview and multiple interviews back to back. The process was very competitive with the other candidates as well. overall a great experience with great feedback and a great interview.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Three stages to the hiring process. First is an initial interview with simple basic questions. Then if you move on, you do a ride-along with a truck driver in the area, where you are evaluated based on your attitude and interest level. Then finally, I was called up for a final interview and it consisted of a 2 day even with lots of networking opportunities and 3 interviews, each with 2 people in the room.

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Flint, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about two month but the job requires highly skilled business professional type person to be successful. Phone interview with talent recruiter, phone interview with zone leaders, ride along with current sales rep., panel interview with multiple zone leaders. While going through all this you must know PepsiCo is a highly sought after company so you will have competition.

Interview Questions

• How will you succeed in today's growing market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to much negotiation, but very generous pay scale.