PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, on campus interview with a leader in training and recruiter, very standard. After that interviewed in Chicago and toured facilities & market. Realized I had no desire in stocking shelves in supermarkets.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you will be successful managing people older than you with experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of August and did not get a response until roughly 4 weeks later. The first part was a phone "interview" where someone from HR asks you a few questions and then tells you about the position. It was then followed up with an appointment to take an assessment test via your home computer at a later date. Upon successful completion of the test they make arrangements for you to have a ride along/site down interview. The ride along was pleasant as were the people you meet. The sit down interview is typical to any other interview where they ask you scenario "what if" or "tell me about a time" type questions. Roughly three weeks later I had to call to inquire on whether or not I was going to get an offer of which I did not; makes me a little salty. I was more than qualified if not too qualified for the position (I applied for the position knowing this but I saw it as an opportunity to get my foot in the door of a Fortune 50 company). I have no doubt that someone half my age just out of college was hired above me (probably around the same age of the person that took me on the ride along) that has the same amount of experience in life that I had just last week.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Three stages to the hiring process. First is an initial interview with simple basic questions. Then if you move on, you do a ride-along with a truck driver in the area, where you are evaluated based on your attitude and interest level. Then finally, I was called up for a final interview and it consisted of a 2 day even with lots of networking opportunities and 3 interviews, each with 2 people in the room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point - basically it all depends on who you are and who you know as one of the present managers did mention its not what you know but what they think that you know. Seems like they already know who that want in the different slots and they simply go through the process to satisfy requirements.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is a behavioral question style interview. Questions included "Give a specific example of a time when you set a goal and were able to achieve it" and "Tell me about a time you delegated a project successfully" and "Describe a time when you had to make a decision that was not popular"

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker"   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Initially met recruiter at college career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview. Pretty basic interview here, mainly went over my resume with a few behavioral questions towards the end. Was invited to a second interview with zone leaders (don't remember exact title?) and ride-along with a route sales representative. Rode in a delivery truck with a seasoned sales rep; showed me the ins and outs of their daily route ride and helped prepare me for my interview the following day. The 40 minute interview briefly went over my resume then behavioral and situational questions after that. I personally thought I did great in all aspects of the interview but was not advanced to the final round. Recruiter told me he thought I was a top candidate and was shocked when I didn't make it though and had no explanation for me. All Pepsi did was talk about how diverse of a company they were and I honestly believe, after seeing who advanced, that was the reason I did not make it to the next round. No hard feelings though, there's a place out there for everyone but Frito Lay is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one goal that you did accomplish and how? Then tell me a goal you did not meet and why?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

Upcoming college graduates applying for this position--unless you have an extremely impressive resume, it's not worth the shot. However, it was a good experience but a VERY LONG process and in my opinion, not worth.

First Interview: An HR recruiter immediately contacted me and we had a very easy phone interview.

Next Step: I had to complete a tedious assessment test online. If your results came out good, you made it to the second interview.

Second Interview: Had a conference call with two HR reps and they asked me a ton of questions about my leadership. They seemed more interested in my leadership skills than my sales experience. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself.

Third Interview: Put me up in a hotel and flew me in for my third interview. I met with an RSR and went out on a route at 5:30am. Then met up with DSL leaders and had the opportunity to ask them questions. Then I had an interview with the Zone Sales Leader.

Final Interview: Video conference with the Regional VP. After the long process they had strung me along as if I would get the job. But when I spoke with the Regional VP he was unimpressed that I had no internships. The interview pretty much ended after he asked me about internships. Then he told me there were several other candidates they are looking at and he would get back to me. It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard from them. I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward. Nothing surprising. They asked a lot about conflicts you've had in the workplace and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

This position was targeted at new college graduates.
    Multiple rounds:
    2 or 3 phone screens
    1 day shadowing a driver
    1 in person meeting with regional lead

This question was asked during a one on one with the regional lead. Roughly a 30 minute interview in South San Francisco, California. This interview went over everything from past work experience, college, resume, hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with and how was it resolved?   1 Answer

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services. I had a first interview on campus with HR and another manager. I then went on a route ride along and had a second interview on campus with a zone sales leader. I then went to Birmingham for a third interview with several directors. They took me to dinner, put me in a hotel and payed for everything. I ended up not being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were leading a team and someone wasn't doing their part. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales District Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed first interview on campus at my University. Then was flown to Atlanta, Ga for 4 follow up interviews. Though interviews went pretty well and was told a final decision would be made the next day. Did not hear back for a couple of days and was told I had to go through one final interview. The process wasn't too difficult; however, they were really slow in making decisions and keeping me informed in the process.