PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Fresno, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews off the bat with HR personel. Very Friendly and asks you 4-5 situational based questions "tell me about a time you led a team" etc. about a week or 2 later I began a series of in-person interviews including a ride-along with sales associate and an interview with the current position holder. after all this, there was a 2-day interview process at company headquarters in SoCal where about 20 candidates were screened. After this I met with the Central Cal Zones Leader.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage people twice your age?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

1 -phone interview
    3 - face to face interviews
    1 -presentation to RVP/HR
    6-12 month training program

After that you will be assigned a district and you will have to increase sales. Then after all that you will have a visit from the RVP to go to your market and there they will certify or not certify you

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were part of a group or team. What was the outcome? What was your role?   1 Answer

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of August and did not get a response until roughly 4 weeks later. The first part was a phone "interview" where someone from HR asks you a few questions and then tells you about the position. It was then followed up with an appointment to take an assessment test via your home computer at a later date. Upon successful completion of the test they make arrangements for you to have a ride along/site down interview. The ride along was pleasant as were the people you meet. The sit down interview is typical to any other interview where they ask you scenario "what if" or "tell me about a time" type questions. Roughly three weeks later I had to call to inquire on whether or not I was going to get an offer of which I did not; makes me a little salty. I was more than qualified if not too qualified for the position (I applied for the position knowing this but I saw it as an opportunity to get my foot in the door of a Fortune 50 company). I have no doubt that someone half my age just out of college was hired above me (probably around the same age of the person that took me on the ride along) that has the same amount of experience in life that I had just last week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

This position was targeted at new college graduates.
    Multiple rounds:
    2 or 3 phone screens
    1 day shadowing a driver
    1 in person meeting with regional lead

This question was asked during a one on one with the regional lead. Roughly a 30 minute interview in South San Francisco, California. This interview went over everything from past work experience, college, resume, hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with and how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Very relaxed process through. They will first so a phone screen filed by an in person interview with the zone manager and zone sales manager. After you interview with the training team and regional vice president, which was very insightful. They also give you the feeling of you are one of the select few.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Had a phone screening interview initially and then had a route ride-along with an RSR. After that I interviewed with a ZSL who this position reports to. After that was a final interview which was about 2 days long; only 1 day of interviews, the 2nd day was activities to meet people and get to know the company. It took a couple weeks after that final interview until I had the offer letter in hand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2009.

Interview

First you go through a "ride along" with a route sales rep. Then you have your first interview. Then you have a second and possibly a third interview in a panel setting. Then a final interview with an RVP. Then you take a personality test, complete a drug screen and backround check. Then an offer is presented based on the outcome of these results.

Interview Questions

• Situation, action, results questions.   1 Answer
    • Situation, action, results questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is not really an option.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2009.

Interview

I went through roughly 3 phone interviews with various HR members. THen I met an HR director, sales director, and safety director. After all that, I met with the group VP and regional VP. THe interview process wasn't too intense as they were all extremely friendly and made me feel at home.

-Tell me about yourself
    -How would you sell me this cell phone?
    -How do you feel that our product is making Americans obese?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work in a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you made a decision that didn't go so well and what did you do   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in December 2009.

Interview

I got my first interview with Frito-Lay through my Career Center on campus. The first interview was basically a joke. I was so nervous but it turned out to be very laid back and the guy who interviewed me basically just talked about himself and the company the whole time. When I mentioned something about the internship I completed over the summer, he was confused and looked down at my resume and then said "I'm sorry I haven't even looked at this thing!" Wow. At the end, he asked me if I understood the position and if I was still interested. I said yes and I was moved onto the next interview. Next, I had a phone interview. It was very simple and asked general questions about my resume and experience. I got through to the next part of the interview process which was a route ride with a route sales rep. I had a good time with the guy and he really showed me the ins and outs of his job. That was probably the most beneficial part of the interview process because he showed me exactly who I'd be managing if I got the job. After the route ride, I probably had at least 3 more phone interviews. It was absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I was asked the exact same questions in every interview. In the end, I was asked to participate in a final interview in Birmingham, AL. They paid for all of my expenses and put me in a hotel for the night. I went through two pretty intense interviews in Birmingham and it was about a week or two before I heard back from them. A woman called me and told me that they weren't ready to make a decision about me yet and that they would give me another call back at the beginning of February to tell me their final decision (whether or not they were going to hire me). I have never heard back from Frito-Lay since then. I think that is a little ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you held a leadership position. What was the position? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward, yet friendly.There were questions about leadership experience. You could tell that they are a results oriented-company, so life/work balance could be an issue. The job itself, sounded rewarding, yet challenging.

Interview Questions

I wasnt interested in the cities they were offering.