PepsiCo Full Time Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Full Time Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions were asked, situation questions, Asked me about myself and my reason for wanting to work with the company. Also, they asked general questions based on my life and experiences. Asked about my previous work history and how it may relate to the current position i was applying to. Gave me an overall breakdown of the job and what it entailed. Told me about the different stores they service and the companies they partner with.

Interview Questions

• What type of situation have i been where i had to diffuse a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and signed up for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 25 minutes. I was told I would be called in the next 48 hours, by the hiring manager, for the next steps. I received an email a day after they where supposed to call saying the position was filled.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

basic questions. this process was in 2008. there was application online, then phone screen from HR recruiter, then meet with "Zone Business Manager (2nd in charge of zone)", then "District Sales Leader"

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to? how do I fit in the position. what makes me a qualified candidate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tacoma, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email about three to four days later to setup an over the phone interview. The over the phone interview took about 20-25 minutes and they just ask basic questions about different scenarios you had to deal with at your previous jobs and how do you solve problems when they occur.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Cheektowaga, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Once you receive an E-mail for the status for your application, you will be asked to come in for a 1:2 interview process which is only about 20mins. Once the process is done you will be told that if you are accepted. you will receive a call in about a week or less depending on demand. Overall fun and exiting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were assigned to your task/department and you were approached by a customer who needed help in a department you weren't assigned to; what was your response and action to the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online and received a email two weeks later to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview they ask basic questions pertaining to customer service. After the phone interview I was sent a email to do a face to face interview a week later. Face to face was a physical assessment, pulling pallets of Pepsi products and building a display following a plan o gram. After the physical assessment you do a quick interview with the hiring manager. Just so you know, you are not the only one interviewing, I did it with six other people. The interview with the hiring manager at the end is just a one on one(your time to shine). Week later received a offer via email. Background check and drug test, which is a hair test so be prepared;)

Interview Questions

• Tell is a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is not negotiable. $15 to start pluss mileage. They really urge you to promote to sales rep, which is where you could make up to $100,000 a year potentialy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Newport News, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week later got an e mail for the phone inverview went well she said she needed to get the managers schedule and I'd get an e mail to schedule another week or so goes by I get the e mail with only one date and time how convenient but I made arrangements anyway got to the plant for the interview watched a video then on to the physical assessment which was pretty much outside in 90 degree weather I sweat a lot obviously but thought I did well I was stopped right before going back to get the last soda type for the display which he changed mid demonstration (in total I had moved nearly 50 two liters both as single bottles and in shells of 8 on and off pallets and onto a display rack) I did not quit or complain was asked if I wanted to continue said yes he asked me about 3 questions told me all about the job the hours etc. even said its hard work but nothing I can't handle and that If selected to move forward I would be getting an e mail to set up a drug test so I left feeling pretty good today is the day after I haven't gotten any e mails but upon checking the status it states I have been blocked from applying and although my resume is impressive blah blah blah they have selected candidates that more closely match.... Keep in mind all of my jobs have been retail dealing directly with merchandising I have a B.S. In fashion merchandising consumables and apparel are two different things but merchandising is merchandising I honestly feel I was discriminated against because I am a young women who doesn't appear to be as physically fit as men who may have applied. Although I haven't gotten the official rejection e mail its on the site so I'm taking it for face value big waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tucson, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to come in for interview couple days later. Met with two SDL ( Sales District Leader ) overall a very quick interview maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Called me back about a week later for a final interview with the boss. The second interview wasnt really a interview more of a meet and greet and the boss goes over the expectations and overall journey you will have with Pepsi. He was basically just meeting me to give me the green light for the position and to make sure i didnt have a third eye. Received a call the next day offering me the position. I accepted but eventually didnt get the job because of a bad Motor Vehicle Recored. Make sure you go to driving school and have no more than 1 point off your recored for ANY position with Pepsi.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it ? and what was the overall outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Shreveport, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application, a week later received an email to set up a 1:1 interview. After setting up the interview you receive conformation. Face to face interview only took about 15min, then your you'll to check your application status in week.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about customer service abilities.   Answer Question

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I started out as a Part-Time Merchandiser before applying the Full Time Merchandiser (FTM) job. After applying for the job on June 23rd and taking the assessment test, a District Sales Leader (DSL) assigned me to do a ride along with a RSR (Route Sales Representative) in their 18 foot semi truck and would go and service all their assigned stores within the city/zone limit for the whole day (On the 3rd of July). So when you are with the RSR, you observe what they do when they are at each gas station/target/ convenience stores. The RSR will give you some pointers on how to do the job and what to expect from the job. Do not stay on your cell phone all day and act like you can care less, you would not have a follow up interview if the RSR think you would not be suitable for the job. You can give the RSR a hand if you want to learn more and have some 'hands on' experience and get done quicker. After you finished the ride along with the RSR, the DSL would ask him/her if the candidate is qualified for the job, if the RSR says yes, then you made it to the first step.

After that, two DSLs would lead you to a conference room and they would start the interview. They both have a packet with them and it has interview questions: Why Frito Lay? Tell me a time when you help out on a customer till they were satisfied. Please note, they do warn you that when you answer their questions, there would be awkward silences as they write down your answer on their packet word by word so there is a 1-2 minute of silence between each question.

You would get a call in about two weeks if you get the second interview (mine was on July 11th). You would get a call saying the Sale Zone Director would like to have an interview with you. You agreed on a time and come to the interview with a shirt and tie. When you have the second interview, make sure you answer the same questions as you did with the first interview. The interviewer will also have your answers in front of you and instead of asking the same question, they would look it over and comment on it, e.g. "I see that you have experience in this field", and you should know what to do from there. After the interview, they would tell you that they would call you within two weeks if you got the job (I was notified on July 18th). After they tell you that you have been hired, the call ask you to meet with them so you can grab the drug test form that is already paid for, and will send you the designated location to get your required drug test (they pull out strings of your hair, not pee in the cup, just so you have been forewarned!) If you pass the drug test, you would have a class session among with other hired candidates. The Drug takes at most two days to get the results back.

During the group session, the Sales Associate Zone Assistant is the instructor. Now, you have to go through a lot of process: You and among other hired candidates have to do a lot of paper work, union paperwork, your required iphone 4s to clock in your hours, how to clock in your hours, mileage, your field trip requirement (You will be compensated for everything in the field trip:contracts, talk about benefits, etc. After the session is over, they would give you information about your trainer for the first two weeks of training. During week one and week two, your trainer will evaluate on your performance and improvement. At the end of the second week, a DSL would certified you. Then it's the field trip requirement! After that following week, you are in your assigned route all on your own. So from Applying from June 23rd to start my training on July 27th, then going to a field trip from August 11th-15th, then officially having an assigned Merchandising route on the week of August 17th, it takes about a month to start your training after applying and being interviewed, then 3 weeks of training, it takes a LONG time for all that to process out.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult at all, they ask your basic questions like any other company would.   Answer Question