PepsiCo Full Time Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Full Time Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

On line application and ability assessment (about an hour). Automated phone interview (about 20 minutes). Job was posted on Wednesday, Two days later received notification that position was being eliminated. What???? Thanks for posting a job, wasting applicants time with extensive application process, then deciding to eliminate job, all within a few days. A poor representation of the company and inept human resources department.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work scheduled hours and accept wage offered?
    Describe how you dealt with a difficult customer?
    How does your previous employment and experience translate to this position?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Mainly asked about past experiences with situations you've dealt with.
    Issues and how you handled them. Why do you think this job is the right fit for you. Past experience with work or non work history.

Interview Questions

• A great sale that you've made within or outside of work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online for a FT Merchandiser position 78th St plant Indianapolis In, then scheduled the phone interview, I signed in at 10:30am, I had the face to face interview on July 14th 2016, then I waited for a good month only for the merchandiser to falsify the outcome and posted online that I missed the interview which blocks me from applying again for 3 yrs. How wrong is this for a Pepsi Mgr to falsify the outcome? I called the Tech asst 800 number and to this day of Aug 23, 2016 Im still getting the same answer of we are waiting for the merch mgr to respond with notes from the interview. I asked why it was taking so long for an answer and I was informed that people might be on vacation. What is the penalty for a mgmt. team member to falsify the outcome of a interview? I don't know what else to do at this point. I was a pt merchandiser for Pepsi out of Vincennes In but I needed more hours and pay and I was ready for the challenge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in the interview of the volume of stores that I worked when I was a part merchandiser and who my boss was and what I liked about the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They use the SAR (Situation / Action / Result interviewing format for the majority of the interview questions. This means you have to dexrive the a situation, the action you took, and the result of those actions.

Interview Questions

• Sample Question - Describe a time you encountered a difficult or upset customer, how did you handle the interaction.   Answer Question

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied on the website, got a email minutes later to set up phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was scheduled for a face to face. During the face to face interview there were also a physical assessment. Did not get the job due to I was not experienced on a pallet jack.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. You go there watch a video and answers some work related questions. But then they take you to the back of the warehouse and give you 15 minutes to stock shelves. So you have push a loaded pallet jack to one side of the building and load an empty pallet with the drinks you need.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Very short interview. I was asked situational questions. Aside from that, questions generally focused on my retail experience, primarily in stockrooms. The interview was by no measure, "intense". They just need to get a sense of your practical experience in a sales/grocery setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you resolved a conflict at work.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

You apply online then a day later u get an email to set up a phone interview then if you're a good candidate you get another email to set up a face to face interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bastrop, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had my first interview 3 days after i applied. It was over the phone. Quick and painless would describe it. He said he liked my personality and set me up with a face to face, after he finished my interview. I applied Monday, had the phone interview thursday, and face to face is Tuesday. Can't wait!!

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you took a difficult customer situation and turned it into a positive experience for the both of you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online-Got an email to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview- basic work related questions, took maybe 15 mins
    Face to Face interview-watched a video, did some work related exercise and then did an interview.
    The work exercise was a complete joke, wanted me to put pepsi bottles on a shelf for 15 mins. They give you a paper that has directions but the paper clearly states that you have more than 15 mins to complete the work. I completed the work and they said I did great. The face to face interview was 3 questions and took no more than 5 mins. I'm pretty sure they must have already hired someone and were just getting me done has quickly has possible.