PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
1,805 Interview Reviews

2.8

1,805 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Took about two months overall. Pepsi keeps you updated as the time goes on through automatic emails. The application was filled quickly. I was asked to take a drug test and a background check. After accepting the position you have 48 hours to take a drug test

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, as soon as I submitted my application, I received an interview invitation through email. Passing the interview is the difficult part. They ask many behavioral questions that have nothing to do with the job. Some questions have 3 questions in one, I had to ask them to repeat a few times because some questions were SO long.. they definitely test your thinking and your ability to answer difficult questions quickly. I feel like they are picky on who they choose. They look for extremely outgoing people who can think on their feet and can come up with a quick answer... I wouldn't recommend this for introverts such as my self. They won't give you a chance. My boyfriend and brother also had interviews, they didn't get the job either and they are also both introverts. My boyfriend applied for a second time through them and had another interview but he didn't get it either.. they are extremely picky and even tell you that they want the best of the best so if you're on the introvert side, you get shot down. They even told my boyfriend that his answers were too vague and that they won't be hiring him. They told him right then and there face to face....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group on a project, what was your role and how did the project turn out?   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Very straightforward... application, aptitude test, interview, hire. Only hiccup was that I wasn't sent the email telling me I was hired and had to reach back out to them to find out which was a mix up that was frustrating but eventually worked out.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with an issue of something not working out as you planned and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and simple . You watch a job description video explaining the company's core values , what you'll do during the hands on exercise and then a brief interview afterwards .

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went the extra mile to help a customer.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I booked the earliest interview at 10a.m. Had to wait over an hour just to get called back. Interviewer literaly asks me what job experience I have. I do not believe this man even had my resume. Then he asked 4 situational questions which I answer in detail, but I only see him write like 4 words in the little answer boxes on his clipboard. Interview took near 12 minutes. At the end he says sorry he had a phone call. Unprofessional! Waste of time and money! Location Halletsville, Tx

Class A CDL Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Signed in on piece of paper waited 5-10 minutes greeted by hiring manager sat down in a comfortable chairs and a conference room mgr went over job functionality jib depiction gave a summary of the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with difficult customer how did you resolve it what was the outcome   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interviewed for HR internship through university. They interviewed my entire program. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, no challenges were too challenging. They ended up making offers a few hours later to a good number of people. Offer is competitive but no say in location.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

It took them 2 months to reach out to me for a preliminary phone interview. It was about 5 minutes long before a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager the following Monday. The phone interview went well and I was invited to an on site interview a week later.

It took 4 business days before I got a reply on when the on site interview would take place. Reached out to the recruiting coordinator twice. No response. Got a interview confirmation on Friday for a Monday interview. Their communication skills were not the most impressive.

I was interviewed by the a few Directors as well the hiring manager at the end.

I sent a thank you letter to the hiring manager who replied that 'we would be in touch'.

Do not hear back for 2 weeks. I then proceed to ask the recruiter if there is an y update. She quickly replies that they are pursuing other candidates. Great for them, but it would have been a professional courtesy to let me know instead of keeping me hanging. Again, communication skills not impressive.

Glad I did not get this job after all.

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Stone Mountain, GA).

Interview

The interview was very laid back was asked basic questions like why do I want to work for pepsi, tell me about your resume, what is different about you etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for pepsi?   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist about 2 weeks later. We scheduled a phone screen later in the week. I had a screening with hiring manager the following week. She moved me ahead to an in-person interview.

The final interview was a series of five in-person interviews with various marketing and cross-functional team members.

This is where things went south...the hiring manager had to cancel due to an emergency (understandable). We connected the following day and scheduled another in-person interview for the following week. I received an email from an HR coordinator saying that the hiring manager had to cancel, and that someone would call me about next steps within 24 hours.

Not only did no one ever contact me, but I received a form rejection email over a week later. I don't mind the rejection, but the fact that they dragged it out for so long (they even re-posted the job before I got my email!) didn't sit well with me at all.

Also- the talent acquisition specialist said that I would receive feedback no matter the outcome, but I never did. It was so strange how they were interested one minute, then dropped me with no explanation the next.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format- e.g. Tell me about a time when you motivated a team, tell me about a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question