PepsiCo Frito Lay Sales Associate Program (12 Month Leadership Program From RSR to Sales Associate to DSL) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position at my University's career fair, they called me 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and straight forward, no trick questions, no behavioral questions. It seems the recruiter was more interested in finding out about my work experience and academic background, and my general life background. The next step was for me to take a 1 hour online personality test, where they out you in (around 11?) case scenarios simulating the work environment and asking you about how you would respond. For each scenario you are offered four possible ways of responding to the problem/situation and you have to pick the "would most likely do" and a "would mostly likely NOT do" for each scenario...

After this is done, 5-7 days later they call you to set up the next interview, which is a one-on-one in person interview with a manager/director from the local region's office. This interview was very fair and straightforward, more of resume review "explain your resume to me" and "why do you want to work here?" and "why do you feel that you are a great fit for our company?" My interviewer was very blunt and honest about the challenges working there, and he seemed very sincere, down-to-earth and realistic, he made it known that the position was very difficult and challenging, in regards to both work content and work hours. He did not do it to try to discourage potential candidates, but instead to make sure everyone has an idea of what they are getting into and so that there are no surprises later which made me really respect his honesty and character. The questions were more focused on my background, previous work and academic experience, and a detailed explanation of my resume as well as questions to find out what drives me and what my goals and expectations are, they also want to try to get a feel for what kind of a person you are.

The final interview is an in-person panel interview with 3-4 people at the regional (not local, regional) office, this is where I am in the process.

Interview Questions