PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Takes for friggin ever!
    Expect 4-5 weeks from start to finish.
    Then you have a week training class (This will be the best part of your entire experience at this company). Really long-winded for what the job is...

Interview Questions

• General sales questions.
      Really, don't sweat it. They are dying for more people.
      Oh yeah, if you played college ball let them know because it will get you in pretty easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 45 min and very informative and they seem to be very honest about the job and what to expect. Had about 6 questions that they had asked.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first part of the process is a ride along so you get a feel for the job and the early hours. Then an interview and a second. When I did it 9 years ago it was a 4-5 week process.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask how well you handle certain situations and different problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called in with a large group for informational session about company and job. Question and answers followed presentation. After Q & A individual interviews took place, with very basic STAR formatted questions. Also took copies of DMV records & Driver's license prior to interviews. (by doing this they are bypassing age discrimination laws! It is quite obvious they are looking for young people to fill these positions) I have extensive experience in the retail/DSD space & am quite sure I was passes due to my age!
    Just wish I would have not wasted my time with this process as they had no intentions of giving me a shot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to complete an assignment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The interview was fast and friendly not intimidating at all. They were 2 people who had to interview me. Then they called me for a second interview. I did a drug test but the person who had hired me was not working there anymore so I had to wait a couple of Weeks to accually start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Bronson, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Got 3 phones calls explains the process
    N when I got there there were other people waiting for the same job, n asked the typical tell me about a situation, which I failed at!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

the interview process was very long. after the initial interview you then have a panel interview and the last step is a phone interview. it seems like the company has to interview everyone that passes the assessment which draws the process out. even though they may want to hire you. they have to wait to interview several others before they can move you along in the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Carol Stream, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well, I had a quick screening interview with one district manager & then a 2 person panel interview with 2 other district managers. Interview was really relaxed & laid back, I just acted myself, I told them about how I have provided great service to my customer's. As soon as i left building to get in my car I was contacted by yet another manager saying I passed both interviews & will be moving forward with the next step which is riding along with another RSR for job shadowing. I finished that on Sat 11/12/16, Ride along went great & now I'm just waiting for back round test to be done as the 3rd party company who does it for them can be a pita to work with. I look forward to being called back with an offer & job start date!!