PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,737 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The interview was a standard interview. They expected the STARS response and stated that explicitly. No technical questions were asked, just behavioral/situational questions. The night before the interview, there was a company social with all of the people selected for an interview and the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a miscommunication and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple of days later to schedule an in person interview. Went to the warehouse and met with a manager. She gave a brief intro to the position and went over the exercise I would be performing as part of the interview process. She then pulled up a video for me to watch that went into further detail about the exercise portion of the interview. That lasted about 15 minutes or so. I filled out some paper work releasing liability from Pepsico if I were to injure myself during the exercise. I was given a plan o gram to look over and then told to follow her to the warehouse.

The exercise consisted of using a pallet jack to move a pallet of 2 liters to a spot, offloading the correct amount onto another pallet and then moving that pallet to the other side of the warehouse, where I then began to merchandise the 2 liters based off the plan o gram. A couple of minutes into doing this, the manager came over and gave me another plan o gram and said this is the new layout I was to follow. This is done to throw you off and mind you, this exercise is timed at 15 minutes so you better move quickly and efficiently. The manager will be there watching you with a timer the whole time. They are looking to make you you use proper lifting technique (ie; bend at the knees not the back, only lifting so many 2 liters at once, etc.) and finish in time. I ran out of time and did not finish the exercise completely.

Once that was done, we walked back to her office where we did the interview portion. This was a one on one interview and lasted about 25 minutes. Pretty standard stuff and I answered in the STAR format.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2-9 days regardless if I got the job or not. This did not happen. In fact I called the useless Pepsico HR twice and got canned responses both times. I checked the Pepsi "Candidate Care" website everyday and didn't see a change until a month later when I learned I did not get the job. I found that to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology like Iphones?
      Name one time you went above and beyond in your job.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interview on campus through career fair, got a second round in Dallas. Dallas was two days that included tour of facilities and multiple interviews with many people. Easy questions about resume and how you would handle certain scenarios.

Operations and Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, Keep questions short but add a little experience to them or if you had not had an experience they are asking you about just say "I have never experienced this but if I did this is what I would do"

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a unique problem you were faced with, and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard interview. When I walked in I met the interviewer, we went over my former employers, and a few STAR interview questions. I went first thing in the morning, so the physical part I didn't have to do. Says I looked in shape so no worries. Was told a response could take four to six weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation at work, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Oxford, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one interview through career services for the NAN division. Interview was very conversational and they seemed pretty interested in what I liked to do. I had two people interviewing me, one was a director and one was HR. They asked me a lot about my resume. A few weeks later they contacted me with a verbal offer, then later on a written offer.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Casa Grande, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at career fair who forwarded by resume to HR. HR called a month later to schedule an appointment for the plant tour/interviews. The plant was fantastic and it seemed as if people enjoyed working there. There were 3 sets of 2-on-1 interviews. Questions were based off a script and all three asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Pick one good decision and one bad decision you have made recently.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my university. My interviewer was a VP in the HR division that was an alumni of our school. He was really laid-back and helped the interview run smoothly like a normal conversation. He asked about my experience in depth and asked some behavioral questions with the STAR method. He also answered all my questions about the company honestly and had a general enthusiasm for my candidacy. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would (or did) you handle a fellow employee that did not want to cooperate?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

30 minute behavioral interview where they asked questions regarding how well you worked in a team, communication problems that you have dealt with in the past, things that you have had to fight for because you were not being listened at the beginning of the process.

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume through my campus job network, then was selected for an interview on campus. The interview was very relaxed and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable. It was more like a conversation than anything. She began by describing the internship and PepsiCo as a whole, then we had a discussion about my involvement on and off campus as well as my experience and specific personality traits. She then asked me some questions off of a more formal list, but the conversation was still very laid back. The interview concluded with questions that I had for her about the company, internship, culture etc. I received a call 2 and a half weeks after my interview and completed a sales assessment online, then received an offer about a week and a half after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a tough experience and had to have a difficult conversation.   Answer Question
    • Why PepsiCo?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle your manager giving you a task to complete, but your supervisor also giving you an urgent task to complete in the same timeframe?   Answer Question