PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.9

751 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I have applied to numerous positions there and have over 20 years experience in two of the top food & beverage companies in the world but never contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• My question to PepsiCo is why is the date a candidate graduated from college MANDATORY to list when applying for a job online? I know it is illegal to ask that during an interview but one can't even get the possibility of an interview without first answering that question.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Told to come in day after receiving invitation to interview. Asked standard interview style questions. Received call the next week. Picked another candidate. Prepare standard interview questions before hand for this company.

Government Affairs Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online
    2. Recruiter contacted me after 6-8 weeks for a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of resume review, her describing the role/team, general fit questions, pretty standard phone screen.
    3. A week later, a skype interviews set up with members of the overarching business unit. The interviews were not with people that would directly be in my sub-team or managers but with people in a different team within the same org at Pepsi. The interviews were pretty cordial but there was a lack of clarity during the whole recruitment process about the role.

Dinged a week later after I reached out to my recruiter. On the plus side everyone I met with was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you objectively measure or design KPI's to pitch the success of Pepsi Government Affairs to senior management?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Charleston, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through website, took a few weeks to get a call for an interview, it was scheduled for a week out from that date. Interviewed, asked to complete a hypothetical written test, then hiring manager (or rep) asks you some canned questions we all hear at every job interview and reviews the test. Test is a little convoluted and the time frame is too short, you will be able to do it, but you will miss things.... not exactly a true guage of ones apptitude.

Interview went well and was told I should hear back within a week or two..... Well 6 weeks went by and I finally got my no thank you letter. From start to finish it took over two months to hear anything back from them.

The reason is they use a 3rd party to handle their hiring and recruiting. This coupled with the bureaucracy of the agency and pepsi, nobody really knew what was going on. SOOOO if you apply do not bother with follow up calls or letters, it is a waste of your time and they do not look at them, calling them will not work either. BTW I did not "pester" them, just the standard 2 week follow up, followed by an atypical 5 week, "WHAT? Is going on?"....

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Interview

Interview took 2 months to set up after several follow-up emails from my end. Finally had the phone interview but it quickly soured after 20 minutes and ended after I asked about one of the responsibilities in the job description. HR sounded upset and said "this role doesn't do any of that! They never do!!!". She didn't seem to have a very firm grasp about what the role itself entailed and was very rude from first contact to last.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Very hard place to get a job at. Was even told that chances of interviewers getting into PepsiCo. Been to 3 interviews and was told " thought your qualifications are very impressive we decided to go with another candidate" ridiculous!!!!

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Salinas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone screen process is the dumbest thing I've ever had to do. You answer a series of questions on a recorded line. The questions aren't something you can prepare for. I would much rather talk to a real person rather than leave a 10 min voicemail answering questions. It's unrealistic and there's no point to it. It's MUCH more than just a "phone screen" it's a real interview with a voicemail machine. I guess we'll see how I did in a few days

Interview Questions

• What previous positions were you involved in that you had to work independently?   Answer Question

Relief Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indio, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Indio, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week, did a phone interview then an in person. Interview was 3 behavioral questions. I felt the manager just wanted to say, sorry the position is for a guy. He kept stressing the "you will get dirty and there is some lifting involved". Very awkward interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem at work and take me through the steps you took to resolve it.   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

A long drawn out process with several levels of interview. I was assured relocation assistance was provided if necessary to find the right person. An on site visit was never setup, using Skype instead. After a 5 mo. Process they told me I had the job offer coming but had to wait because of a hiring freeze. Once the freeze was lifted they told me relocation assistance was off the table but an offer was being formed. The next day they told me the site was going through a restructure and the job was no longer but they would still have a role to offer me. It has been 3 mo. And I have not heard back. They are a mess.

Interview Questions

• Relocation assistance will be offered if we find the right candidate.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within two days by an HR representative. Following the phone interview I was told the next step would be interviewing with the hiring manager and a date was given for when I would hear for the second interview. I was never contacted and so followed up one week past the date given. The HR representative never responded, so I waited two more weeks to send an additional (and final) follow up and this too was ignored. I was very disappointed in the unprofessional nature of such a large company given that I have experience in the industry. Not impressed and will be looking with other employers who are more professional going forward.