PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017
1,754 Interview Reviews

2.8

Manufacturing Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my university's career fair and he sent me an email telling me to apply for the position. I received an interview offer a few weeks later. The interview was very professional and strictly behavioral. It seemed like the interviewer already made up his mind in the middle of the interview since the total time of the interview was only 15 minutes (10 minutes of questions, and 5 minutes of me asking questions). That was rather intimidating. He said that they would reply within 3 weeks for second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict during a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Was referred in by a friend. Interviewed went well and waited weeks before I was officially accepted and given a start date. The company is very disorganized and could not give me any real info which should have tipped me off as to how their company is ran. But the actual interview process was easy despite their disorganization and terrible communication.

Associate Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The process consisted of one recruiter phone interview and one hiring manager phone interview. Even though it look like I would be qualified for the role and I took the step to follow up, I never heard back with next steps or whether they wanted to move forward or not.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Assessment exercise, watch a video, asked a few questions on how would I handle certain situations if I were hired. Nothing too extreme, pretty easy (if you go in and just be yourself & honest).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you with above and beyond to complete your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, they actually offered more money than what was actually posted on the ad.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on my college's job site (no cover letter, just a resume), and was contacted after the end of the resume drop deadline for an interview and a pre-interview mixer. Mixer was quite long - about two hours - but it was a great opportunity to meet the interviewers ahead of time and learn about them and the company without the pressure of the interview format. Interview was two half hour interviews with two people each, who were from different seniority levels of the marketing arm. Very interesting questions that were split between asking about experiences and marketing specific questions, but very doable even though it was my first marketing interview (mostly assessing what you would do in a specific situation, trends in general that you see happening). Overall a really pleasant experience that almost didn't feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend you see?
      What is a brand that you see doing poorly? Why?
      What is your favorite brand?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Took around 2 weeks, met at campus event at my university. Told to apply online, got an email for an interview. Was interviewed by two people. Vague description of the actual job and process.

Customer Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Pepsi's recruiter, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview (back to back 30 minutes for each group)with 3 teams made up of two supervisors in each group.

Interview Questions

• All questions for in person interview where STAR (behavioral) type of interview question. Phone interview was more asking about my past and stuff like that.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through college career website. Was given interview time on campus within 2 weeks. Very laid back and relaxed interview, only asked 4 questions and briefly went over my resume. Took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   Answer Question
    • Why PepsiCo?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to explain the results of a project to others in a different field or profession, how did you adjust your demeanor and what steps did you take to make sure the message was received and what was ultimately the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance in which you had little instruction to complete a task but you were still able to complete the task as necessary?   Answer Question
    • What were some of the steps you took when planning a big project, what were the steps in the plan, and how did you stay on task?   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec 2016 online. Received an email late in January to set up a phone screening with 3 people. After 3-4 days I received another email to setup a face to face at the location in Winston-Salem. Went in for a 3 person panel interview which took about an hour. Was told id hear back in two weeks. Never heard back. Followed up the day after 2 weeks, and was told that the process was taking longer than expected. Its been two weeks since then March 7th 2017. I followed up again but have yet to hear anything.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied via referral.

This position was more of a rushed role, so my process was likely faster than most. I applied online, and heard back about scheduling a phone screen in one week. It took them 4 days to respond, and gave me 18 hours notice that they wanted to speak.

That urgency became a theme. The salary was lower than expected, and I had less than 24 hours to decide if I wanted to move forward. I was sent my information for my in-person interview 7 days later, but less than 24 hours before I had to set foot in the office.

When I met with the team, everything changed. They were kind, resourceful, smart, and couldn't have made the position more attractive. This is absolutely a company where the right teams want to foster your growth.

I left the interview hoping that they would be negotiable because this team was ideal. I got the call a week later from HR on a Friday evening, there was to be zero negotiation or added perks, and was told I only had until EOD Monday to decide. The rest of the team was much nicer, calling to congratulate me.

I did wind up declining, and HR was not kind about it.