PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
1,860 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist about 2 weeks later. We scheduled a phone screen later in the week. I had a screening with hiring manager the following week. She moved me ahead to an in-person interview.

The final interview was a series of five in-person interviews with various marketing and cross-functional team members.

This is where things went south...the hiring manager had to cancel due to an emergency (understandable). We connected the following day and scheduled another in-person interview for the following week. I received an email from an HR coordinator saying that the hiring manager had to cancel, and that someone would call me about next steps within 24 hours.

Not only did no one ever contact me, but I received a form rejection email over a week later. I don't mind the rejection, but the fact that they dragged it out for so long (they even re-posted the job before I got my email!) didn't sit well with me at all.

Also- the talent acquisition specialist said that I would receive feedback no matter the outcome, but I never did. It was so strange how they were interested one minute, then dropped me with no explanation the next.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format- e.g. Tell me about a time when you motivated a team, tell me about a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I met human resources representative at university career fair. The career center contacted me for a follow-up interview. The interview was with two people: hr rep and manager for frito plant. Wasn't

Interview Questions

• Experiences that help you with this job, why operations management, how to deal with people who don't want to cooperate   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and was given an opportunity to interview for a temp position in Chicago. I was interviewed in the West Loop corporate office by 4 people. It was a set of back-to-back panel interviews-keep in mind that this means that both people from both panels have to want you in order to move forward.

I thought he interview went well. I was told that I'd get an answer by the end of the next week.

When I left the office, I wrote personalized thank you cards for each of the interviewers. I went one step further and dropped them off at the company mail room. Each of the interviewers should have recieved the cards the next day.

I didn't hear anything back from Pepsi or the recruiter even after emailing the recruiter. I can't say that I'm surprised that no one reached out to me. As a job seeker, being "ghosted" after an interview is almost commonplace and frankly quite rude.

Interview Questions

• Look at the Supply Chain interview questions in Glassdoor as they are the same STAR questions you'll be asked. You must have specific answers with these type of questions. Go in prepared with stories that illustrate how well you will perform.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2017.

Interview

Interview went well. Straight to the point. They tell you exactly what the job entails and what is expected from you. Interview questions were standard. Interview lasted about 20min. Interviewer was very friendly and had a lot of good things to say about the company. I hope I get the job!!!

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I have applied to numerous positions there and have over 20 years experience in two of the top food & beverage companies in the world but never contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• My question to PepsiCo is why is the date a candidate graduated from college MANDATORY to list when applying for a job online? I know it is illegal to ask that during an interview but one can't even get the possibility of an interview without first answering that question.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

First interview went well, then after two weeks they scheduled another interview to meet with the director and the whole team of supply chain.
    Few days after they offered me the job.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Nice conversation that they want to know if you would be fit for the job and the company as well as they tested if you do your homework. Skills to handle unique questions are the must. Overall, it was a great experience.

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Told to come in day after receiving invitation to interview. Asked standard interview style questions. Received call the next week. Picked another candidate. Prepare standard interview questions before hand for this company.

Government Affairs Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online
    2. Recruiter contacted me after 6-8 weeks for a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of resume review, her describing the role/team, general fit questions, pretty standard phone screen.
    3. A week later, a skype interviews set up with members of the overarching business unit. The interviews were not with people that would directly be in my sub-team or managers but with people in a different team within the same org at Pepsi. The interviews were pretty cordial but there was a lack of clarity during the whole recruitment process about the role.

Dinged a week later after I reached out to my recruiter. On the plus side everyone I met with was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you objectively measure or design KPI's to pitch the success of Pepsi Government Affairs to senior management?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by George the Supervisor of the facility. He made me feel extremely comfortable. Before the actual interview he explained the actual interview process which was pretty cool in my opinion, it helped relieve a lot of pre interview stress. He was extremely thorough in explaining the culture of the company and the position itself. The question were what would you do/what have you done situational questions which turned out to be fairly easy to answer because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I could describe myself in one word what will it be.   1 Answer