PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018
1,921 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After the career fair, it took them a week to email me the invitation for the first interview. After my first interview, it only took them 2 days to call me for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pepsico?   2 Answers

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on my university’s career portal. 10 people total interviewed for the position, but only 1 is hired. The interview is half technical/ half behavioral. Behavioral is really standard, literally a conversation about your resume and a couple of questions. The technical portion is different. They ask about any research you have done (in detail with follow up questions), and ask about 4 technical questions relating to the PepsiCo/FritoLay production line.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were told to do something but weren’t given much direction/instruction.   1 Answer
    • What is the purpose of bagging potato chips?   Answer Question
    • If you have chips going through an oven, what things can you change to make them drier at the end of the oven?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was about 30 minutes long with a typical format. First they asked me to give them an overview of myself/my resume, followed by 5 behavioral questions, and finally they me the opportunity to ask them questions about PepsiCo.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, as soon as I submitted my application, I received an interview invitation through email. Passing the interview is the difficult part. They ask many behavioral questions that have nothing to do with the job. Some questions have 3 questions in one, I had to ask them to repeat a few times because some questions were SO long.. they definitely test your thinking and your ability to answer difficult questions quickly. I feel like they are picky on who they choose. They look for extremely outgoing people who can think on their feet and can come up with a quick answer... I wouldn't recommend this for introverts such as my self. They won't give you a chance. My boyfriend and brother also had interviews, they didn't get the job either and they are also both introverts. My boyfriend applied for a second time through them and had another interview but he didn't get it either.. they are extremely picky and even tell you that they want the best of the best so if you're on the introvert side, you get shot down. They even told my boyfriend that his answers were too vague and that they won't be hiring him. They told him right then and there face to face....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group on a project, what was your role and how did the project turn out?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Honolulu, HI) in September 2017.

Interview

Great response time! Clear with instructions. Multiple interview times available. Comfortable and friendly experience. Don't worry too much if you have any retail or stocking experience. It's all pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Pepsico's HR reached out to me over LinkedIn with the opportunity. I was given one phone call screening from the HR representative and another phone call screening from the director. One I passed these two phone call screenings, I was given the opportunity to interview with the team at their Plano location. For the on-campus interview, I met with the director, three managers, and one specialist. I was given 30 minutes with each person which included giving my background, some technical questions, and overall what it was like to work at PepsiCo. The overall atmosphere was very inviting and each employee that I met with was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how to distinguish between files that could be ransomware.   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Murray, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was in a very relaxed setting. There were 3 safety managers that interviewed you. They would make it very easy to make casual conversation. They are really looking for people who show passion for their job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and a co-worker had a disagreement and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions were asked and it was a pretty casual conversation with two people who had previously been in the role I was interviewing for. They didn't speak very highly of the position which made me nervous for the role in general.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict and it needed to be resolved.   1 Answer

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Logan, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

They came to campus and selected my resume for an interview. I had networked with several alumni from my university and some level of visibility within the company. I sat down with two human resource managers and they asked a lot of behaviorally based questions about my experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. The two recruiters asked general interview questions and went over some of the expectations of the different roles they supervise. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a schedule of what you are doing over the week?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were under a tight deadline and how you dealt with that situation   1 Answer