PepsiCo Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on my college's job site (no cover letter, just a resume), and was contacted after the end of the resume drop deadline for an interview and a pre-interview mixer. Mixer was quite long - about two hours - but it was a great opportunity to meet the interviewers ahead of time and learn about them and the company without the pressure of the interview format. Interview was two half hour interviews with two people each, who were from different seniority levels of the marketing arm. Very interesting questions that were split between asking about experiences and marketing specific questions, but very doable even though it was my first marketing interview (mostly assessing what you would do in a specific situation, trends in general that you see happening). Overall a really pleasant experience that almost didn't feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend you see?
    What is a brand that you see doing poorly? Why?
    What is your favorite brand?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The interview process took three steps. 1) was an online application as well as an assessment that asked a lot of sales scenario questions followed by what seemed to be some kind of personality test. 2) was an over the phone interview with a member of HR. She asked a lot of questions that involved giving examples with previous work experience. 3) ride along that started very early in the morning followed by two in person interviews with higher up management. Overall the experience was good, they were very professional and timely with the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you encountered in a previous working environment and how you resolved it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Knoxville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview was different because I didn't go through campus recruiting. I just had two phone interviews. I was previously a sales intern so I had to network to get the phone interview and they had alumni from my school interview me. Other interns went through campus recruiting where they were given cases to review and interviewed in-person.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand and what trends do you see going on in that market? How would you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, had two one-on-one in-person interviews for an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and were alumni from my school. They asked behavioral and case-study questions. Average difficulty. I received an email a week later saying I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were extremely nice and not intimidating. I was very happy with my experience and thought that the questions were fair. I felt well prepared for this interview after receiving help from current employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team. Also, marketing case question.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was shady. The interviews already knew that they were going to hire someone from the inside but had myself and one other candidate interview and told us both that each of us had strengths and weakness and we were both liked. In the end they chose a candidate from another dept.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience in areas in which I already hold a degree (Bachelors and Masters)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Brussels (Belgium)) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call where they asked about interest in PepsiCo and about what the job consisted of. Asked why I wanted a job with Pepsi and how have I worked to meet a deadline before.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was first called for a phone interview and then was contacted to attend a one-to-one interview. The interviewers were very nice and friendly and the interviews went so smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a big conflict and had to solve it   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2011.

Interview

While I didn't land the position, PepsiCo's interview process was seamless. I was impressed by how timely they were with my candidacy and I never felt like I had to follow up repeatedly for an answer. The recruiters are extremely nice and make you feel very comfortable. Fantastic experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Scenario example of a marketing mishap where I discussed the solution.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted for an interview. We interviewed the next week and all the questions were behavioral. Overall, the questions were not difficult to answer.