PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Des Moines, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Step 1 - I applied for this position online and two weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.
Step 2 - The phone interview was very brief, just asking if I am seriously interested and some personal information.
Step 3 - About a week and half I received an email to set up a face to face interview.
Step 4 - I went for the interview in a khaki and shirt with tie, the interview was kinda long and very detailed. They asked about skills I learned in used in my jobs and previous experiences. I thought the interview went well the interviewer was very nice and we chatted alittle about sports lol

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you learned a new skill in a job and how did you use it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick interview process, with two personal interviews. Hiring and background checks take multiple weeks to complete.

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed, this entry-level position had a standard pay-rate schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Getting hired at Pepsi is a time consuming process. It takes a few weeks, as there is a phone interview then an in person interview. It seems like people that the managers already know in the industry can get on faster than people hired "off the street". It is a hard job as it seems they hire 2 or 3 people at a time but they don't last. I had a couple get hired the same time as me and never saw them after orientation.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything too difficult. You take some tests during the application process but they shouldn't be to difficult for people of average intelligence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly position not negotiable

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I had one interview. The interview was in a group panel setting. The interview took about 1 hour. The interview process was fairly painless. A lot of different questions were asked from the group panel interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would handle an issue with an angry store manager. Also tell me about you have demonstrated keeping your composure in a intense situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First you fill out the application and then wait for an email. The majority of the process is through email so make sure you're checking it. The first step is usually a kind of quiz and survey with basic questions with common scenarios and adding and subtracting math. Then what follows is usually a phone interview if all goes well. The Phone interview is scenario questions also and the face to face interview is very similar style as the phone interview. Just be honest be truthful and use whatever experience you have in the past to answer them. The process took a total of a month or a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like you wanted to change something about how the company you previously worked for and how did you attempt to change that? Did you speak with management? How did they respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

easy took up to 4+ weeks

to low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had final interview today. It went very well. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. The interview process goes like this: They'll invite you to a pre job session and tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly. They were very open with everything. After hearing all the info you would then tell them you are interested and would like an interview. They will then call you and set up interview time and date. During the 1st interview they ask you how well do you work with others, how long do you see yourself with the company, etc. You'll have the interview with at least 2 district managers. They'll call you back if you did well in the 1st interview. You'll then have your final interview a week later. This interview was just one person. They basically ask you the same questions as in the 1st interview. Then they have you sign a paper saying you agree to having a hair drug test because they don't do urine tests and then you sign another paper saying is okay for them to do a background check on you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job just to work for us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Canton, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process is very long and drawn out. If you want to work at Pepsi, don't expect to get it in a few weeks, it can take a very long time. My advice for people who want to quit their job and work for Pepsi. Don't even think about quitting your job until you pass every step and get called by the plant for an actual start date because if you quit your other job too soon, you are in for a long wait. To make a long story short, I have been through the entire hiring process for almost 2 months (ten weeks to be exact) and I still have not been given a start date.

Step 1: If you applied for a position that was posted online right away and you have the qualifications they are looking for, you will get an email back from them pretty quickly in as soon as two days. I heard from them right away and was set up with a phone verification interview which I did the same week I applied for the job.

Step 2: The following week, I was set up for a face to face interview. The interview went very well. I did a lot of research about the company and answered some basic questions in detail like why I wanted to work for Pepsi, what I knew about the position, and about customer service experiences and scenarios. The following week after the interview, I received an email that said "I was still in consideration for the position."

Step 3: Two weeks after I received that email, I got a call from HR with a contingent job offer waiting on a drug test/fitness test and background check. I did both right away within 48 hours. 3-5 days later, my candidate care application status page said, "Congratulations on accepting an offer with Pepsi Beverages Company! Someone will be reaching out to you soon to determine your final start date." Almost three weeks have passed since then and I still have still heard nothing about a start date from the plant. I applied for the position on January 18th. It is now March 14th today. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait before I'll have to pursue other options because I really wanted this position but I can't sit on my butt without a pay check either.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic. One to look out for is, "How did you handle learning a new skill you weren't familiar with and how did you succeed with that?" (paraphrased).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's none. The hourly rate is set when you apply for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Norfolk, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

first they will call you and explain the job to you if u feel its a good job then they will schedule a face to face interview, after that if they hire you they will send you a contingent offer of employment, if you pass drug test physical test and background check them u got the job.

Interview Questions

• describe a stress full situation and how did u deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

you must pass a background, physical and drug test

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

1)Phone screen 2)In-person interview 3)Drug test/background check 4)Physical evaluation 5)First day orientation

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They won't negotiate.