PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.3

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied on the pepsico website. Everything was by email, so keep an eye out for your email. Interview was a breeze. Had 15 minutes to set up a display, then went back to the office for an three answer interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Honolulu, HI) in September 2017.

Interview

Great response time! Clear with instructions. Multiple interview times available. Comfortable and friendly experience. Don't worry too much if you have any retail or stocking experience. It's all pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, as soon as I submitted my application, I received an interview invitation through email. Passing the interview is the difficult part. They ask many behavioral questions that have nothing to do with the job. Some questions have 3 questions in one, I had to ask them to repeat a few times because some questions were SO long.. they definitely test your thinking and your ability to answer difficult questions quickly. I feel like they are picky on who they choose. They look for extremely outgoing people who can think on their feet and can come up with a quick answer... I wouldn't recommend this for introverts such as my self. They won't give you a chance. My boyfriend and brother also had interviews, they didn't get the job either and they are also both introverts. My boyfriend applied for a second time through them and had another interview but he didn't get it either.. they are extremely picky and even tell you that they want the best of the best so if you're on the introvert side, you get shot down. They even told my boyfriend that his answers were too vague and that they won't be hiring him. They told him right then and there face to face....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group on a project, what was your role and how did the project turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and simple . You watch a job description video explaining the company's core values , what you'll do during the hands on exercise and then a brief interview afterwards .

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went the extra mile to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple of days later to schedule an in person interview. Went to the warehouse and met with a manager. She gave a brief intro to the position and went over the exercise I would be performing as part of the interview process. She then pulled up a video for me to watch that went into further detail about the exercise portion of the interview. That lasted about 15 minutes or so. I filled out some paper work releasing liability from Pepsico if I were to injure myself during the exercise. I was given a plan o gram to look over and then told to follow her to the warehouse.

The exercise consisted of using a pallet jack to move a pallet of 2 liters to a spot, offloading the correct amount onto another pallet and then moving that pallet to the other side of the warehouse, where I then began to merchandise the 2 liters based off the plan o gram. A couple of minutes into doing this, the manager came over and gave me another plan o gram and said this is the new layout I was to follow. This is done to throw you off and mind you, this exercise is timed at 15 minutes so you better move quickly and efficiently. The manager will be there watching you with a timer the whole time. They are looking to make you you use proper lifting technique (ie; bend at the knees not the back, only lifting so many 2 liters at once, etc.) and finish in time. I ran out of time and did not finish the exercise completely.

Once that was done, we walked back to her office where we did the interview portion. This was a one on one interview and lasted about 25 minutes. Pretty standard stuff and I answered in the STAR format.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2-9 days regardless if I got the job or not. This did not happen. In fact I called the useless Pepsico HR twice and got canned responses both times. I checked the Pepsi "Candidate Care" website everyday and didn't see a change until a month later when I learned I did not get the job. I found that to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology like Iphones?
      Name one time you went above and beyond in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Longview, TX).

Interview

Situational Interview, where as the applicant shows up in a professional attire. They are asked several question based on situations they may have found themselves in or hypothetical situations. Two of the management team sat across the table from me and at the answer to each of my questions, they jotted a score number down on the paper they had in front of them. They interviewed other applicants in the same way and the best score received the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Was referred in by a friend. Interviewed went well and waited weeks before I was officially accepted and given a start date. The company is very disorganized and could not give me any real info which should have tipped me off as to how their company is ran. But the actual interview process was easy despite their disorganization and terrible communication.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2017.

Interview

I put in an application and got an email a week later to schedule an onsite interview. The interview went smoothly. Had to use pallet jack to move pallets then stock a display shelf in 15 minutes. You gotta be fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very basic. The interviewer asked about background to determine my fit for the company (which, anybody can do). It was rumored that there was to be a physical component to the interview, where I would be asked to demonstrate my ability to lift heavy cases of soda. That did not happen. The interviewer asked the questions and the interview was over. In addition, I had to wait about 20 minutes longer than expected to be interviewed because the interviewer was late coming back from lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were faced with a tight deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a visitors badge, waited for about 15 minutes before called in. I was then interviewed by a manager and a merchandising manager. It was a relaxed interview and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why do you want to work here, prior experience, trasportation, why should we hire you etc.   Answer Question