PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, as soon as I submitted my application, I received an interview invitation through email. Passing the interview is the difficult part. They ask many behavioral questions that have nothing to do with the job. Some questions have 3 questions in one, I had to ask them to repeat a few times because some questions were SO long.. they definitely test your thinking and your ability to answer difficult questions quickly. I feel like they are picky on who they choose. They look for extremely outgoing people who can think on their feet and can come up with a quick answer... I wouldn't recommend this for introverts such as my self. They won't give you a chance. My boyfriend and brother also had interviews, they didn't get the job either and they are also both introverts. My boyfriend applied for a second time through them and had another interview but he didn't get it either.. they are extremely picky and even tell you that they want the best of the best so if you're on the introvert side, you get shot down. They even told my boyfriend that his answers were too vague and that they won't be hiring him. They told him right then and there face to face....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group on a project, what was your role and how did the project turn out?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple of days later to schedule an in person interview. Went to the warehouse and met with a manager. She gave a brief intro to the position and went over the exercise I would be performing as part of the interview process. She then pulled up a video for me to watch that went into further detail about the exercise portion of the interview. That lasted about 15 minutes or so. I filled out some paper work releasing liability from Pepsico if I were to injure myself during the exercise. I was given a plan o gram to look over and then told to follow her to the warehouse.

The exercise consisted of using a pallet jack to move a pallet of 2 liters to a spot, offloading the correct amount onto another pallet and then moving that pallet to the other side of the warehouse, where I then began to merchandise the 2 liters based off the plan o gram. A couple of minutes into doing this, the manager came over and gave me another plan o gram and said this is the new layout I was to follow. This is done to throw you off and mind you, this exercise is timed at 15 minutes so you better move quickly and efficiently. The manager will be there watching you with a timer the whole time. They are looking to make you you use proper lifting technique (ie; bend at the knees not the back, only lifting so many 2 liters at once, etc.) and finish in time. I ran out of time and did not finish the exercise completely.

Once that was done, we walked back to her office where we did the interview portion. This was a one on one interview and lasted about 25 minutes. Pretty standard stuff and I answered in the STAR format.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2-9 days regardless if I got the job or not. This did not happen. In fact I called the useless Pepsico HR twice and got canned responses both times. I checked the Pepsi "Candidate Care" website everyday and didn't see a change until a month later when I learned I did not get the job. I found that to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology like Iphones?
      Name one time you went above and beyond in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Longview, TX).

Interview

Situational Interview, where as the applicant shows up in a professional attire. They are asked several question based on situations they may have found themselves in or hypothetical situations. Two of the management team sat across the table from me and at the answer to each of my questions, they jotted a score number down on the paper they had in front of them. They interviewed other applicants in the same way and the best score received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. They got back to me in less than half a day and I signed up for an interview time.
    They had me do a practice set-up of merchandisng a small shelf. Pretty sure they had hoped I would have gotten it done in under 15 minutes (was close with like 4 bottles left). After, they asked if I wanted to continue with the interview and i said yes.
    Once finished, they got back to me with an email about 3 days later saying I was declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself... how'd you get here?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example where you showed excellent customer services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wayne, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screening first. Took 30 minutes sitting waiting to be called for interview. Robotic 3 panel interview with 3 district managers asking questions non related to for performance or abilities to do work.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me how you collaborate and work as a team?
      2. Tell me of a time you had conflict with a customer and how you dealt with it?
      3. Why do you want to work for Frito Lays in oppose to another company?
      4. Why do you want to leave your current job?
      5. Tell me of a time you felt you did a good job?
      6. Tell me of a time that you build a display you were happy about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

First you will receive a phone call interview. If you qualify for the person to person you will go in watch a video, do a physical portion then, talk to a supervisor. I believe this specific Pepsi is sexist. I know a guy who works here who says there are no loaders who are women and no merchandisers. Only one sales person and some office people here and there. If you are a women trying to get this job I suggest going to the interview but do not get high hopes. I did great in my interview especially the physical portion but was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did this... Or had to deal with... Typical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Had a brief phone screen and was actually skipped to the final round because the recruiter felt I was very qualified (I have a college degree and have years of grocery experience). I had a panel interview which I was asked roughly 4 very basic HR mandated questions that anybody could answer. Now, I answered the questions very well and came across well. You can call this sour grapes but I was not made an offer and I am thinking it is because I am over-qualified. I am a hard worker and physically active, this work would have been a piece of cake for me. My guess is that this company is looking for dim-witted "yes" men and women who will not question things and just do as they're told. I had asked about what the steps were to move up within the company and I am thinking they felt threatened by this. Frito-Lay, don't you think it would look good for you guys to say that you have college educated employees in such a low level position? All of my e-mails to ask about what went into the decision have gone unanswered, which to me is unprofessional. You are well within your right to ask a company what went into their decision, especially when the recruiter skips you through to the final round after a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work as a team.
      Name a time when you helped an employee.
      Why Frito-lay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Watch a video telling me what t ok do went down to plant worked a pallet of 12oz water went back upstairs they asked a few questions and that was all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kankakee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Kankakee, IL).

Interview

Had 2 interviews with the same people..rejected both times..talk nice but knew I wouldn't get the job..was told I did a good job on the test..still got rejected...i have no positive feed back...PepsiCo may be a great company but real creeps doing the hiring...even my answers to the questions were excellent but not a good fit...good old boys club

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had difficulty meeting a customers needs? What did you do to accommodate them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had final interview today. It went very well. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. The interview process goes like this: They'll invite you to a pre job session and tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly. They were very open with everything. After hearing all the info you would then tell them you are interested and would like an interview. They will then call you and set up interview time and date. During the 1st interview they ask you how well do you work with others, how long do you see yourself with the company, etc. You'll have the interview with at least 2 district managers. They'll call you back if you did well in the 1st interview. You'll then have your final interview a week later. This interview was just one person. They basically ask you the same questions as in the 1st interview. Then they have you sign a paper saying you agree to having a hair drug test because they don't do urine tests and then you sign another paper saying is okay for them to do a background check on you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job just to work for us.   1 Answer