PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.4

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple of days later to schedule an in person interview. Went to the warehouse and met with a manager. She gave a brief intro to the position and went over the exercise I would be performing as part of the interview process. She then pulled up a video for me to watch that went into further detail about the exercise portion of the interview. That lasted about 15 minutes or so. I filled out some paper work releasing liability from Pepsico if I were to injure myself during the exercise. I was given a plan o gram to look over and then told to follow her to the warehouse.

The exercise consisted of using a pallet jack to move a pallet of 2 liters to a spot, offloading the correct amount onto another pallet and then moving that pallet to the other side of the warehouse, where I then began to merchandise the 2 liters based off the plan o gram. A couple of minutes into doing this, the manager came over and gave me another plan o gram and said this is the new layout I was to follow. This is done to throw you off and mind you, this exercise is timed at 15 minutes so you better move quickly and efficiently. The manager will be there watching you with a timer the whole time. They are looking to make you you use proper lifting technique (ie; bend at the knees not the back, only lifting so many 2 liters at once, etc.) and finish in time. I ran out of time and did not finish the exercise completely.

Once that was done, we walked back to her office where we did the interview portion. This was a one on one interview and lasted about 25 minutes. Pretty standard stuff and I answered in the STAR format.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2-9 days regardless if I got the job or not. This did not happen. In fact I called the useless Pepsico HR twice and got canned responses both times. I checked the Pepsi "Candidate Care" website everyday and didn't see a change until a month later when I learned I did not get the job. I found that to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How are you with technology like Iphones?
    Name one time you went above and beyond in your job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Longview, TX).

Interview

Situational Interview, where as the applicant shows up in a professional attire. They are asked several question based on situations they may have found themselves in or hypothetical situations. Two of the management team sat across the table from me and at the answer to each of my questions, they jotted a score number down on the paper they had in front of them. They interviewed other applicants in the same way and the best score received the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Was referred in by a friend. Interviewed went well and waited weeks before I was officially accepted and given a start date. The company is very disorganized and could not give me any real info which should have tipped me off as to how their company is ran. But the actual interview process was easy despite their disorganization and terrible communication.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2017.

Interview

I put in an application and got an email a week later to schedule an onsite interview. The interview went smoothly. Had to use pallet jack to move pallets then stock a display shelf in 15 minutes. You gotta be fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a visitors badge, waited for about 15 minutes before called in. I was then interviewed by a manager and a merchandising manager. It was a relaxed interview and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why do you want to work here, prior experience, trasportation, why should we hire you etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I sat down in a room with two managers. They asked me about ten questions about my experience. Make sure you ask questions about the company in the end. It shows that your care.

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Mansfield, OH).

Interview

Filled out application online, watched a video. Was emailed an assessment a few days later and completed that. Then I was emailed to schedule an in person interview. The interviewer where I went, Mansfield, OH, was a really nice guy. I get dumb nervous at interviews because of my anxiety, and he made a joke about how he was answering the interview questions for me because I could get my thoughts together lol. Seemed like he wanted to help people who wanted to work hard. Did a great job explaining the job and what was to be expected as far as future opportunities in the company. Watched another video and did a job assessment test. Was told at the end of the interview if I wanted the job they would call me to schedule an orientation and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What example do you have that you are capable with technology, iPad, iPhone, computer etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. They got back to me in less than half a day and I signed up for an interview time.
    They had me do a practice set-up of merchandisng a small shelf. Pretty sure they had hoped I would have gotten it done in under 15 minutes (was close with like 4 bottles left). After, they asked if I wanted to continue with the interview and i said yes.
    Once finished, they got back to me with an email about 3 days later saying I was declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself... how'd you get here?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example where you showed excellent customer services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Wayne, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screening first. Took 30 minutes sitting waiting to be called for interview. Robotic 3 panel interview with 3 district managers asking questions non related to for performance or abilities to do work.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me how you collaborate and work as a team?
      2. Tell me of a time you had conflict with a customer and how you dealt with it?
      3. Why do you want to work for Frito Lays in oppose to another company?
      4. Why do you want to leave your current job?
      5. Tell me of a time you felt you did a good job?
      6. Tell me of a time that you build a display you were happy about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

First you will receive a phone call interview. If you qualify for the person to person you will go in watch a video, do a physical portion then, talk to a supervisor. I believe this specific Pepsi is sexist. I know a guy who works here who says there are no loaders who are women and no merchandisers. Only one sales person and some office people here and there. If you are a women trying to get this job I suggest going to the interview but do not get high hopes. I did great in my interview especially the physical portion but was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did this... Or had to deal with... Typical questions   Answer Question