PepsiCo Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at PepsiCo

3.2

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I met human resources representative at university career fair. The career center contacted me for a follow-up interview. The interview was with two people: hr rep and manager for frito plant. Wasn't

Interview Questions

• Experiences that help you with this job, why operations management, how to deal with people who don't want to cooperate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers that asked 5 questions that gave insight into leadership, problem solving, and teamwork experience. After this was over, they gave the interviewee the option to ask any questions from the presenter and ran through the next steps in the process if you were to move forward.

Interview Questions

• List times that you demonstrated leadership skills/qualities.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You will likely be given a phone screening, and if you move to the next round, they will have you tour and interview at one of their distribution centers.

If you move past this, you will meet with more senior management. You will be asked a set of standard, company provided questions (can vary due to interviewer discretion). Make sure you frame your response in the Situation, Action, Result method.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? They are typically looking for a "yes"--can be very important in determining whether or not you get the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Interview

Here is the format I had:
    I went through an interview where two people interviewed me. It lasted about 15 minutes.
    Then moved on to another interview where there was just one person interviewing me.
    Took a tour around the facilities. Asked questions then.
    Then went through another interview with one person.
    Then the process was over.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a conflict with a group and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough process for interviewing. You will interview with the Region Ops Director and the Zone OPs Manager first, and then if you are the preferred candidate, you will meet with the Region Vice President. Most of the questions will ask for specific examples about your ability to lead people, your ability to prioritize your work, ability to influence others with a different agenda, and your experience with leading the safety agenda.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions as long as you have an example and can phrase your responses in the format of Situation, Action, and Result.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Process is different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager. Utilize company website to submit applications for both internal and external jobs. Screened by HR and reviewed by hiring manager if person is worthy of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not negotated

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Campus interview - then site interview meeting with 5 different managers - some talked more about the company and did not ask questions while others asked very technical questions or some philosophical questions regarding hourly employees. After job offer, there was a pretty good onboarding process that has since been abandoned. Today, it more or less - sink or swim. Limited onboarding, little formal training beyond technicians.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of unions?   1 Answer
    • Usual questions that demonstrate innovative problem solving, conflict management, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not very knowledgeable about negotiating at the time - would definitely attempt to get more vacation time if you have previous work experience -but, get it in writing.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lubbock, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview. All of the interviews mainly consisted of behavioral type questions. After the 1:1 interview, I was told that a decision would be made witin the next couple of days. The very next day the contacted me with a great offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Modesto, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The intial contact with HR was thru a thirty minute phone interivew, which consisted of two or three behavioral questions.

The second interview was an all day interview that lasted about 6 hours. It included a panel interview with six individuals, the applicants rotated through groups of 2 panel memebers.

Lastly, I was invited back for a job shawdow, by the end of the week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Frito Lay typically hires engineers or business majors for their Operations Manager positions. I graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering and once through the process realized that the off shift hours, long hours, and lack of engineering work did not appeal to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Piscataway, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

First had on campus interview, then second round interview, and then finally a site interview. Campus interview was with 2 people. The second interview was with 30 people and had rotational interview. The site interview was with plant manager and HR.