PepsiCo Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I met human resources representative at university career fair. The career center contacted me for a follow-up interview. The interview was with two people: hr rep and manager for frito plant. Wasn't

Interview Questions

• Experiences that help you with this job, why operations management, how to deal with people who don't want to cooperate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You will likely be given a phone screening, and if you move to the next round, they will have you tour and interview at one of their distribution centers.

If you move past this, you will meet with more senior management. You will be asked a set of standard, company provided questions (can vary due to interviewer discretion). Make sure you frame your response in the Situation, Action, Result method.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? They are typically looking for a "yes"--can be very important in determining whether or not you get the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers that asked 5 questions that gave insight into leadership, problem solving, and teamwork experience. After this was over, they gave the interviewee the option to ask any questions from the presenter and ran through the next steps in the process if you were to move forward.

Interview Questions

• List times that you demonstrated leadership skills/qualities.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Interview

Here is the format I had:
    I went through an interview where two people interviewed me. It lasted about 15 minutes.
    Then moved on to another interview where there was just one person interviewing me.
    Took a tour around the facilities. Asked questions then.
    Then went through another interview with one person.
    Then the process was over.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a conflict with a group and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Process is different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager. Utilize company website to submit applications for both internal and external jobs. Screened by HR and reviewed by hiring manager if person is worthy of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not negotated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Fresno, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR right after I applied for the position online. She asked me a lot of scenario questions and briefly wanted me to discuss my resume with her. General questions and then detailed ones such as "give me a time where you had to dispute a problem amongst a team you were supervising". I can't remember exactly, but work experience questions. I then was granted a 1:1 interview at the actual facility. I was given a tour and had a great discussion that was very similar to the one on the phone, just with a different person.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team to achieve better results?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Lubbock, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview. All of the interviews mainly consisted of behavioral type questions. After the 1:1 interview, I was told that a decision would be made witin the next couple of days. The very next day the contacted me with a great offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough process for interviewing. You will interview with the Region Ops Director and the Zone OPs Manager first, and then if you are the preferred candidate, you will meet with the Region Vice President. Most of the questions will ask for specific examples about your ability to lead people, your ability to prioritize your work, ability to influence others with a different agenda, and your experience with leading the safety agenda.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions as long as you have an example and can phrase your responses in the format of Situation, Action, and Result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

One on one, he asked 5-6 situational questions that related to my past work experiences. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I have only gone through the 1st round so far so I am waiting to hear from them (it has been about 2 weeks) I was told it could take up to a month. Before the interview just think of tough situations you have dealt with and how you responded to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Modesto, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The intial contact with HR was thru a thirty minute phone interivew, which consisted of two or three behavioral questions.

The second interview was an all day interview that lasted about 6 hours. It included a panel interview with six individuals, the applicants rotated through groups of 2 panel memebers.

Lastly, I was invited back for a job shawdow, by the end of the week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Frito Lay typically hires engineers or business majors for their Operations Manager positions. I graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering and once through the process realized that the off shift hours, long hours, and lack of engineering work did not appeal to me.