PepsiCo Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Interview Questions in Plano, TX

Updated Feb 1, 2017

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took about two months including the Christmas holidays. The interview process was simple and very well structured. After talking with the internal recruiter, I did a phone screen with the hiring manager and an employee. Then I was asked in for a face-to-face interview with the same people, plus one. The interview was very relaxed and I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, phone interview with finance manager, then interview at the headquarters in Plano, TX. This interview was over a 4 hour timeframe with 5 different managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how it applies to this role.
      Behavioral questions and situations.
      Was asked for a spreadsheet of my work previous work to gauge my Excel skills.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through a couple of phone interviews then participated in their "Possibilities Day" where they bring in several candidates for round table with about 6 interviewers. Also got a tour of the campus and chance to talk with various employees. It was positive overall and the recruiter was great. She explained the process and called to follow up afterward.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about how to market their products - what would you do in certain situations. Asked for specific examples. Wanted detailed answers.   Answer Question

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for a mail clerk position at Frito lay headquarters in march 2015. It lasted for 45 minutes. They asked me about my background as all interviewers do. I told them about all of my experiences at working mail room jobs. I then was given a tour of their mailroom facilities. Then I was told that they would call me for a drug test. Never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two separate on site interviews. First with the direct hiring manager of open position. A week later I met with the director of the newly formed team. I received very positive feedback from both managers.

Interview Questions

• What were my current duties and how did they align with the open position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

All interviews were a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Pretty casual but definitely need a basic understanding of financial terms. PepsiCo has a lot of acronyms that can become confusing. Don't be scared be to ask what the mean. People often forget that most people don't know what they mean.

Interview Questions

• If we were to introduce a new chip/snack in the market, what would be considerations we would take?   Answer Question

Mobile Device Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. I spoke with screener and hiring manager. We scheduled the interview and the hiring manager called me at the appointed time. Hiring manager was very friendly. They are generally seen as an industry leader so you could google their name and find industry related interviews. It helped me understand more about what they were looking for and their style.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about specific MDM products used. In this position, they are looking for someone with extensive MDM product use. Sounds like someone who worked for an MDM Software OEM would be a great fit.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first two were over the phone with my future managers, and another one was with a manager or director over video. I found them all to be very personable and not intimidating at all.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX).

Interview

Applied On . November 9th and received an email on November 11th to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview on November 15th was pretty basic questions from the resume by the recruiting manager.Got a Call back on November 18th informing that the hiring manager and the team wants to have an onsite interview. third party company set up for Friday 22nd 2013. The interview was with the team and it was explaining what the job is and also asking behavioral questions. I reached home and received an email that the team would like to meet for a 2nd interview and it was scheduled for Friday 27th and this time it was a little more tougher with technical questions. On December 3rd got a call from recruiting manager letting me know that the team is interested and would like to make me an offer and that she has to get approval for my salary and vacation.Dec 4th received a formal offer letter with the salary I asked for.I accepted on December 5th. Overall this whole interview process was pretty smooth. Recruiting Manager was really helpful and kept me in the loop.

Interview Questions

• you often meet people and sometimes you like their approach or traits and think maybe i need to be like them, what are some of the traits you have seen you dont want to adapt?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received what I asked for.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX).

Interview

They (Frito Lay division) came to recruit MBA students for full time jobs at my school for the first time in 2006 and I was fortunate to be selected for an interview.

I interviewed in a two on one at school with either a Finance Manager or Sr. Finance Manager who came in from Plano, plus someone in Sales leadership from the local office in St. Louis. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It was extremely in depth and something that a lot of preparation paid off for. They did not care about Finance experience, which I respected a lot. What they cared about, and what their questions were designed to uncover was if you were intelligent, had drive, and proactively found ways in your past work to be successful. I passed this round and was flown to Plano to the final round with a group of other MBA students from a variety of schools.

When we got into town, that night we had a nice dinner and networking session where we got to talk with many people from the Finance organization including the Frito Lay CFO. The next day I had one one on one followed by two two on one interviews with people ranging from Finance Manager to Director/Group Leader levels. One interview focused a lot around potential to work in the food industry I thought. We talked a lot about innovation, ways to incorporate more healthy yet good tasting snacks, and I was given a chance to relate these topics to past experience. The second interview was really focused on my potential for cross functional leadership and it got very in depth. The final interview was very technical and related around how the P&L is impacted by a variety of decisions around elasticity, pricing, COGS.....they pretty much seemed to want to see that you had a grasp of what drives margins. Amidst all that there was a lunch hosted by HR where they explained the benefits of being at Frito Lay.

Overall it was an amazing experience, my best recruiting experience ever actually. I ensured the recruiter knew that it set the standard. I also appreciated the respect many of the people showed for my Army officer background, which I never expect but very much appreciate. One interviewer went out of her way to thank me before we got to any questions.

I had to decline my offer for family reasons, but it broke my heart to do so. I would love to have worked there and would still like to some day. They have such a tremendous Finance program that offers advancement opportunities that few other corporations offer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find anything unexpected. I knew it would be very thorough.   Answer Question

Family reasons - wife (fiance at the time) had already accepted a strong job offer in Chicago and we didn't think it would be right for her to rescind, so Plano was no longer possible for us to relocate to.