PepsiCo Interview Questions in Purchase, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

the interview took 1 month,average level,not difficult
    Asked about the experience before and some technique questions
    interviewers are very good,they will let you feel very comfort
    2 interviewers,include team member and supervisor
    very good experience

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process included a two day interview in New York. They fly you out for a dinner the first night and interviews the next day. Interview process included two 45 minute interviews with 2 different people, a case study with a team that you present at the end of the day. Overall a great experience and everyone was very nice and down to earth.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by an external recruiter who asked few questions about my experience. There was no phone interview, was brought in for onsite interviews in Purchase. First interviewed with two people I'd be directly reporting to and then another Director in the same department followed by the department VP. Closed out with a brief HR talk. The recruiter called me two days later with an offer which was subject to passing a drug test.

Please note, this took place over 7 yrs ago. I worked for PepsiCo and have since gone on to start my own business which, sadly, isn't on Glassdoor just yet. But I have to submit a review to keep my membership so I apologize if this isn't indicative of PepsiCo's current interviewing process. Although they're a pretty traditional company so I wouldn't be surprised if that part didn't change.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY).

Interview

My first round of conversations with the team involved four phone screens, each lasting half an hour. Two months later I was invited in for in-person and video screen interviews with five people (some overlap with the prior conversations)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite (non-Pepsico) brand?. Questions were mostly fit/behavioral and about past work experience. Very little requirement to show technical expertise.   Answer Question

Director of Innovvatiovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There were to rounds of phone interviews. One with Talent Acquisiiton and one with direct supervisor. A live 1:1 was also conducted with the head of the department. There were no surprises.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with Pepsi Co. for over two months. I had applied for a full time role in HR and was told that this is what I was being considered for. Then two months into the interview process, an employee calls me up and offers me a job as a contractor. I told them that throughout the process I was told I was interviewing for a full time role. They said that the truth was that I was never being considered for the full time role, they just lied and told me that because they knew I would back out of the process if I knew it was a contract role. I wasted two months of my time in my tedious job search on this company. I was lied and deceived by them the whole time. The people who worked there were so arrogant and cocky. One woman said that she supported her whole family on Pepsi Co. and that her husband didn’t even have to work because of how much money she makes. Another woman said that Pepsi Co. only hires the best people like herself and that she gets recruited by other companies all the time. Keep in mind that during the interview she had her feet up on the desk the whole time while she was talking to me. Then this other guy there, said that anyone would be honored to work at Pepsi Co. even for a contract role with no benefits because, “just to have that name on your resume is an honor and a privilege.” How is that going to help me when I need benefits and a full time job? Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time with this corporate evil!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

One 30 minute interview after a resume screen. I am currently waiting for next steps for the final interview.
    The lady was very nice and an expert in my field. She described the internship, asked me 2 questions, probed for details, and I had time to ask questions at the end. She did ask for me to explain how I would do things differently than what I answered that I did and to explain how I would have done them differently.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to analyze complex statistics and explain the results to someone with no statistical background.

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with multiple stakeholders and what was the outcome?
      Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted on the web. The VP could not see me for the most part. But we could hear each other. The process was tested ahead of time but the process did not work out well at the time of the interview and there was no technical people to ensure that the process was run smoothly.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Purchase, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview was very easy, my manger was actually at a job site so he was a bit rushed but I feel like that worked to my advantage

After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet with two principle engineers and an engineer. It was a smooth process and I had a pleasure meeting everyone

Interview Questions

• This work may seem easy to you, we're afraid you might be bored can you explain to us why we shouldn't worry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wen through a contractor who I negotiated with

Contractor Interview

Application

Interview

Recruiter called me, had telephone interview with hiring manager, the face to face interview. Face to face was weird as most people involved were folks I didn't work with or for. Biggest issue was salary negotiations - PepsiCo completely low balled the position and barely came close to market standards. Then, there was a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

PepsiCo completely low balled the position and barely came close to market standards. Was like pulling teeth to get 15% lower than typical hourly rate.